Enlightenment

After death, that is. According to the dogmatic Christian view all the DEAD will wake up at the second coming. Eternal life is after death in the Kingdom of Heaven. And so on.

Mosaicism is ' "Mosaic religion", an obsolete synonym for Judaism '. Same issue here no enlightenment during the lifetime.

there is no death in eternal life.

as for enlightenment its a myth IMO.

there is no death in eternal life.

as for enlightenment its a myth IMO.
I believe you believe the latter and the former, and there is truth in the former as well, but currently as far as any of us in this plane of existence can prove, eternal life is a myth....one I prefer, but one without evidence in fact.

I believe you believe the latter and the former, and there is truth in the former as well, but currently as far as any of us in this plane of existence can prove, eternal life is a myth....one I prefer, but one without evidence in fact.

you receive eternal life by faith, this is a free gift and its available to all.

did you all notice that enlightenment is a feature of eastern thinking?
christianity and mosaicism do not talk about enlightment. these religions are more preoccupied with death as the final answer. eastern religions however tend to encourage understanding the depths during life.
Er ... excuse me ... allow me to enlighten you:

"And God said, let there be light... " Genesis 1:3

"In him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." John 1:4-5

And a quick search reveals:
John 12:36
"Whilst you have the light, believe in the light, that you may be the children of light."

1 Thessalonians 5:5
"For all you are the children of light, and children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."

Ephesians 5:8
"For you were heretofore darkness, but now light in the Lord. Walk then as children of the light."

Exodus 10:23
"No man saw his brother, nor moved himself out of the place where he was: but wheresoever the children of Israel dwelt there was light. "

+++

I think light, and enlightenment, are universal.

God bless,

Thomas

After death, that is. According to the dogmatic Christian view all the DEAD will wake up at the second coming.
Not quite.

There are those who, having attained sufficient luminosity of soul in this life, are 'active' in Christ, towards the world ... and there are those, who have not (perhaps through no fault of their own) who 'sleep' in Christ, until the Apocatastasis.

Same issue here no enlightenment during the lifetime.
Not true.

God bless,

Thomas

Not quite.

There are those who, having attained sufficient luminosity of soul in this life, are 'active' in Christ, towards the world ... and there are those, who have not (perhaps through no fault of their own) who 'sleep' in Christ, until the Apocatastasis.

Not true.

God bless,

Thomas
You gotta biblical reference for those who will not be asleep? Or those who aren't currently asleep?

Just to expand on the above, I'm going on the testimony of Tradition, not the testimony of Scripture.

God bless,

Thomas

Back