Somalis capture boat load of Bibles

Should we risk military lives to save the Bible smugglers?

• Yes, as a Christian Empire America should save its missionaries.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, proselytizers goint to danger zones are on their own.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Amergin

Reaction score
Pirates off the coast took four American Fundamentalists in a yacht carrying a boatload of bibles.

Yes, they were taking Bibles to an Islamic part of East Africa. The four crawthumpers are now captives of the pirates. The fate of the bibles is unknown. The captives will be safe because they are only valuable for ransom. The bibles will be worthless except for the toilet paper shortage in Mogadishu.

I hope Western Nations will not waste the lives of brave sailors to save those four numbskulls.

Imagine how Americans would feel if a ship was seized while sailing too close to coastal South Carolina and it carried four Jihadists carrying a boatload of Qur’ans.

What would gun toting Baptist Carolinians do with hundreds of Qur'ans? Would they hold the Islamic Jihadists for ransom? Ha Ha. On the other hand, would they send them to Guantanamo? Alternatively, would they simply shoot them?

We may not like Islam and its cruel social oppression, but it is none of our business. If western Christians go over there to proselytize and distribute Bibles, banned in those countries, they should be "on their own." We (the Western Militaries) should not risk their lives to free those provocateurs.

Amergin

Knowing a little bit about the Horn of Africa and its Muslim population. I do not like Islamic intolerance, but it is their country and they do not want Christian proselytizing; they have that right. I would not think of sailing down the Somali coast with a boat load of Bibles, or books on "The God Delusion," or "Origin of Species." As the man above, I would not think of sailing a boat into Mobile Bay, Alabama, dressed in a robe and black turban with 400 Koran's and Crescent Moon on the sail. That would be insane.

Those four Americans on the "Q" sailboat with a load of bibles were either stupid or mentally ill to deliberately provoke the Somalis. You won't catch me sailing along the Somali coast for any reason.

Kasavubu

To be fair, they were not particularly near Somalia. Oman (east coast of Arabia) is also not a smart place to go with a boatload of Bibles, but it is further away from Somalia than such pirates usually venture. And the story about them carrying a bunch of Bibles might not even be true: I don't see it confirmed in the mainstream coverage of the story. Anyhow, they're dead now.

You have to be nuts to sail near that area, with bibles, qurans or even just sun tan lotion ... pirates care about one thing only ... money.

We had a middle aged English couple taken and held for months ... despite being stopped by a British navy boat and told not to enter the waters. Then we had the video's pleading for our government to pay a ransom and save them ... why, they chose to go there despite being warned not to. Of course the money was eventually paid (I think by a private company but would bet they get it back in tax relief).

When I lived and travelled in the Middle East I didn't even register with my embassy, I knew I went there of my own choice and if I went somewhere dangerous it was my choice and shouldn't expect people to risk their lives saving me.

Pirates off the coast took four American Fundamentalists in a yacht carrying a boatload of bibles.

Yes, they were taking Bibles to an Islamic part of East Africa. The four crawthumpers are now captives of the pirates. The fate of the bibles is unknown. The captives will be safe because they are only valuable for ransom. The bibles will be worthless except for the toilet paper shortage in Mogadishu.

I hope Western Nations will not waste the lives of brave sailors to save those four numbskulls.

Imagine how Americans would feel if a ship was seized while sailing too close to coastal South Carolina and it carried four Jihadists carrying a boatload of Qur’ans.

What would gun toting Baptist Carolinians do with hundreds of Qur'ans? Would they hold the Islamic Jihadists for ransom? Ha Ha. On the other hand, would they send them to Guantanamo? Alternatively, would they simply shoot them?

We may not like Islam and its cruel social oppression, but it is none of our business. If western Christians go over there to proselytize and distribute Bibles, banned in those countries, they should be "on their own." We (the Western Militaries) should not risk their lives to free those provocateurs.

Amergin
You make valid points (though sarcastic), however we do have the obligation of attempting to protect our own citizens around the world.

And the somalis are not interested in religion, just money. Or mabye "money" is their religion and their god right now...

I think the Somalis should get a taste of their own poison...and I think they will...

Someone is going to create a ruse (boat that looks innocent and ready for the taking), only to transform into a mini juggernaut. I'm not talking about a pee gun here or there on deck, but an automated laser/radar directed defense system that will blow them out of the "international waters", send them scurrying back to their own coastal shores.

Pirates are a pariah of the seas, and should be dealt with as such.

I could see a sloop rig, being chased by pirates, and as they get close that "Sloop" suddenly picks up speed and is raised on hydrofoils, while its mast collapses into a telescopic plug. But the "sail boat" doesn't leave the area...it circles the pirates with automated guns down to bear on the confused thugs. Warning shots fired across the bows in rapid succession, and if that didn't stop them...oh well...

I even have a name for the "Sloop" (Uncle Sam's Confused Group)...:D

I think the Somalis should get a taste of their own poison...and I think they will...

Someone is going to create a ruse (boat that looks innocent and ready for the taking), only to transform into a mini juggernaut. I'm not talking about a pee gun here or there on deck, but an automated laser/radar directed defense system that will blow them out of the "international waters", send them scurrying back to their own coastal shores.

Pirates are a pariah of the seas, and should be dealt with as such.

I could see a sloop rig, being chased by pirates, and as they get close that "Sloop" suddenly picks up speed and is raised on hydrofoils, while its mast collapses into a telescopic plug. But the "sail boat" doesn't leave the area...it circles the pirates with automated guns down to bear on the confused thugs. Warning shots fired across the bows in rapid succession, and if that didn't stop them...oh well...

I even have a name for the "Sloop" (Uncle Sam's Confused Group)...:D

Piracy is wrong and illegal according to International Marine Law. Pirates should be treated in the traditional way, hanging. It changes nothing if pirates murder cargo captains or a boat load of stupid people. Only stupid people would take a boat load of bibles in Muslim waters.

I am sorry those religious idiots were killed but they asked for trouble. They were stupid. Ron White says, "You can't fix stupidddd.

I would not want American or European sailors killed because of four stupid religious nut cases.

Amergin

Back