The Opportunity of A Lifetime

taijasi

Gnōthi seauton
Reaction score
There is a quote that I think I have just found relevant in the context of any discussion about the identity of Jesus of Nazareth. When considering his importance in the panorama of history, in particular relation to the drama of human Becoming, H.P. Blavatsky has it right:
"All this points undeniably to the fact, that except a handful of self-styled Christians who subsequently won the day, all the civilized portion of the Pagans who knew of Jesus honored him as a philosopher, an adept whom they placed on the same level with Pythagoras and Apollonius. Whence such a veneration on their part for a man, were he simply, as represented by the Synoptics, a poor, unknown Jewish carpenter from Nazareth? As an incarnated God there is no single record of him on this earth capable of withstanding the critical examination of science; as one of the greatest reformers, an inveterate enemy of every theological dogmatism, a persecutor of bigotry, a teacher of one of the most sublime codes of ethics, Jesus is one of the grandest and most clearly-defined figures on the panorama of human history. His age may, with every day, be receding farther and farther back into the gloomy and hazy mists of the past; and his theology -- based on human fancy and supported by untenable dogmas may, nay, must with every day lose more of its unmerited prestige; alone the grand figure of the philosopher and moral reformer instead of growing paler will become with every century more pronounced and more clearly defined. It will reign supreme and universal only on that day when the whole of humanity recognizes but one father -- the UNKNOWN ONE above -- and one brother -- the whole of mankind below." ISIS UNVEILED. [Vol. 2, Pg 150-151]
I pray in earnest for that day of which she speaks, and that each of us [myself most obviously, for of whom else am I directly responsible?] might do our true part, in full, for the fulfillment of such. May the Justice of the terrible swift sword release all those who are oppressed under the ignorance that is *intentionally* wrought ... from confusion, misrepresentation and self-seeking. The Truth, as the Righteous already know, shall prevail!

There is a difference in vainglory, vanity, ego and ignorance, yet they are only a matter of degree. One a false-principle, another its shadow, the remaining two are all bark with no bite ... save the humbling, Hope-inspiring realizing of our place in the scheme of things.

I wish you strength, and Love and Light upon the Path
And Godspeed, as we each seek to master the tightr~

Who was the real Jesus?
407d1177582807-pentateuch-wisdom-nazarene.gif

There is a quote that I think I have just found relevant in the context of any discussion about the identity of Jesus of Nazareth. When considering his importance in the panorama of history, in particular relation to the drama of human Becoming, H.P. Blavatsky has it right:
"All this points undeniably to the fact, that except a handful of self-styled Christians who subsequently won the day, all the civilized portion of the Pagans who knew of Jesus honored him as a philosopher, an adept whom they placed on the same level with Pythagoras and Apollonius. Whence such a veneration on their part for a man, were he simply, as represented by the Synoptics, a poor, unknown Jewish carpenter from Nazareth? As an incarnated God there is no single record of him on this earth capable of withstanding the critical examination of science; as one of the greatest reformers, an inveterate enemy of every theological dogmatism, a persecutor of bigotry, a teacher of one of the most sublime codes of ethics, Jesus is one of the grandest and most clearly-defined figures on the panorama of human history. His age may, with every day, be receding farther and farther back into the gloomy and hazy mists of the past; and his theology -- based on human fancy and supported by untenable dogmas may, nay, must with every day lose more of its unmerited prestige; alone the grand figure of the philosopher and moral reformer instead of growing paler will become with every century more pronounced and more clearly defined. It will reign supreme and universal only on that day when the whole of humanity recognizes but one father -- the UNKNOWN ONE above -- and one brother -- the whole of mankind below." ISIS UNVEILED. [Vol. 2, Pg 150-151]
I pray in earnest for that day of which she speaks, and that each of us [myself most obviously, for of whom else am I directly responsible?] might do our true part, in full, for the fulfillment of such. May the Justice of the terrible swift sword release all those who are oppressed under the ignorance that is *intentionally* wrought ... from confusion, misrepresentation and self-seeking. The Truth, as the Righteous already know, shall prevail!

There is a difference in vainglory, vanity, ego and ignorance, yet they are only a matter of degree. One a false-principle, another its shadow, the remaining two are all bark with no bite ... save the humbling, Hope-inspiring realizing of our place in the scheme of things.

I wish you strength, and Love and Light upon the Path
And Godspeed, as we each seek to master the tightr~

Who was the real Jesus?
View attachment 1242

If Jesus really existed, he was a loyal Jew who turned out to be a zealous for the revival of Judaism, according to Moses. Read Matthew 5:17-19 and Luke 16:29-31.
Ben

Great quote. I had my doubts of the existence of the historical Jesus but I am now convinced that there was indeed a man called Joshua and he was a teacher and got crucified (according to HPB he was stoned) for some drummed up charges. We all need to follow a guide, a guru and a master. Gurus do not exist in the flesh, a guide is a given, and I have chosen Jesus as my master as I was born into this civilization and it would be a stretch to choose Buddha or Mohamed. Hence I am born again :)

I am gradually compiling a book on the life and example of Jesus of Nazareth, with a focus on prior and subsequent incarnations, including His present whereabouts and role in the Reappearance of the Christ. In this I will rely somewhat on personal insights, though largely as shared by numerous authors, seers, mystics, occultists or other contributors and commentators down through the Centuries - some even from present day, others far pre-dating the birth of Jesus in 105 BC.

The Master Jesus is often confused or identified with the Christ or World Teacher (known differently to every religion, yet in similar role, hence the UNIVERSAL Savior). Eventually the record will be set straight, and if even one person is helped in this matter - either personally, or philosophically, as student or scholar - then the book will have been worth it. There is so much that has come to me over the years, that it would be a shame to lose it all, and I aspire to this Labor as one of the most joyous and worthwhile that I will have ever undertaken.

Naturally, if I wasn't 100% convinced of the solidity of much of what I will be writing about, I wouldn't bother. And yet persuasion and sophistry, casuistry and coercion ... is all just wasted space and wasted breath, if not a violation of our right to fight our way to the Truth, of our own accord, independent of the ideas or opinions and influence of others.

Jesus `outside of the box' is surely one the greatest enigmas the modern mind has tried to tackle, and I still believe that He is therefore usually known best - today as yesterday - by and in the HEART. This is where the True Master can be contacted, the `Man of Spirit' Whose Consciousness functions as a SOUL [or a `Divine,' to use this word as a noun] ~ distinct yet not disparate or separate from the SOUL of Humanity Itself, and therefore of each individual, incarnate or otherwise.

I am an esotericist, or an aspirant to the Mysteries - lesser and Greater. As such, I believe the Truth CAN be known (while in the body), IS known (by plenty, in varying capacity) and that gradually, in time, ALL of us will come to the fullest awareness and knowledge of the Mysteries - just in such balance as we apply ourselves via Right Effort. And I'm glad to know each & every fellow Pilgrim along the Way! :)

Namaskar, and Blessed Be!

Back