God the Father

M

mojobadshah

Does anyone other than Jesus refer to God as Father in the NT?

There are something like 200 references to "Father" in the NT. However, ACTS 2:33 and most of the uses in JOHN are definately not Christ's words.

I see the author of Acts refers to god as "the father" which I presume means "thr father of Jesus" but does any auther speak of God as "father" in first person or "my father or our father" in the third person in the NT?

Woops, I think I meant second person and third person. Does anyone other than Jesus refer to God as "Father" or "my Father or our Father" in the New Testament.

Acts and John are both from the Greek. "The Father" is the same in both, even when Jesus says it. NRV and Jerusalem Bibles have the best translation of "My Father" vs "The Father" (12 vs 190 or there abouts, I did it quickly).

Ah... I see 1 Thessalonians 1:3 mentions both "our God and Father" which appears to be pretty standard. What I was getting at was that it doesn't appear that there is a patronym for God in the Old Testament, but apparently there is one in the New Testament, and it's not exclusive to Jesus. Which gives credence to the idea that all of mankind are the sons of God.

Back