Babylonian, Chaldean, Persian, Zoroastrian

M

mojobadshah

This may some totally weird off the wall connection that my brain put together, but does anyone else find it kind of weird that the ethnic self-designations Babylonian, Chaldean, Persian, Zoroastrian sound kind of like the stages that a human goes through Baby, Child, Person, Zoroastrian. One of the etymologies for Babylon used to be babel like it may have been associated with the word baby. Child is a semitic root and the Chaldeans were Semites. Persian is akin to words like person, and Zoroastrian is sometimes cited as being related to words like geruntology as in "the golden age."

This may some totally weird off the wall connection that my brain put together
Sigh... with anybody else I would assume this was a joke.
One of the etymologies for Babylon used to be babel like it may have been associated with the word baby
Bab-el means "gate of God".
. Child is a semitic root
It is a GERMANIC root. The "ch" sound does not even exist in Semitic.
and the Chaldeans were Semites.
No, they were from the south slopes of the Caucasus, from the Urartean language group which has no known kinship to any other (not Semitic, not Indo-European, not even Kartvelian). Their self-name was Khashd. The name for those who invaded Mesopotamia eroded to Khald, but in the region where they came from it eroded to Kurd (the modern Kurds speak an Iranian language, but derive their self-name from this non-Indo-European term for the geographic area they inhabit).
Persian is akin to words like person
Persian is from Iranian Pars plus English -ian adjectival ending. Latin persona "mask" (for a character in a play) is from preposition per "through" plus sona "sound".
, and Zoroastrian is sometimes cited as being related to words like geruntology as in "the golden age."
Nice use of passive voice: "is sometimes cited" BY WHOM??? Gerontology means the study of old age: the Greek root refers to senility.

eis aqui este sambinha feito numa nota só
outras notas vão entrar mas a base é uma só
esta outra é conseqüência do que acabo de dizer
como eu sou a conseqüência inevitável de ser mojobadshah!

quanta gente existe por aí que fala tanto e não diz nada!

b'shalom

bananabrain

Back