The Eternal Godhead

Gatekeeper

Shades of Reason
Reaction score
On another thread a few of us have been discussing who God is and I thought the concept of Godhead deserved its own thread. I'll be rehashing some of my thoughts in the following post. Where does the term Godhead originate and why is the Godhead viewed to be Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? The Godhead is only used 3 times in my KJV and nowhere does it imply that the Godhead is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

My view is that our Heavenly Father is Spirit, our Heavenly Mother is the material universe, and we are the offspring of both. Scriptures state that God is spirit, just as the scriptures state that we were formed from the dust of the ground (material universe). To me, our Heavenly Father is the head of our family unit, and our Heavenly Mother is who rears us in the physical world.

Our Heavenly Mother supplies our physical needs to survive, just as our Heavenly Father supplies our spiritual needs to survive. Together they make up God [plural] and we, once born again, complete the Eternal God-head (Family). Our Heavenly Father is our spiritual life force and our Heavenly Mother is our physical life force, the Holy Spirit is love and the power of our parental reality (God). The Godhead, to me, consists of Father, Mother, and Offspring.

Jesus embodied the fullness of the Godhead. In other words, Jesus was part of God's eternal family unit. Father is spirit (Breath of life) and the Holy Spirit is love (The essence of God). I think that those born again of the Holy spirit are children of God, just as Jesus was a Son of God. Adam was a Son of God, but all who came after were sons of men, which is why Jesus says we must be born again of the Holy Spirit (love) in order for us to become a part of the eternal Godhead, or rather part of the eternal Family of God.

Back