Why Jews Are Called Jews

Jesus never even dreamed Christianity would ever rise. The first Christian was Paul who himself founded Christianity in the city of Antioch after he spent a whole year teaching that Jesus was Christ. (Acts 11:26)

You are right.

Regards

Sometimes there are more then one correct position.

Hey COT, do you think there is more than one Truth? Jesus said that the Truth is the Word of God. (John 17:17) And Jesus knew that the Word of God was revealed to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psalm 147:19,20) Now, if you had in your heart to answer my question above that the Truth could not be more than one, would not the resultant premise of this syllogism be that the Jews are the ones with the Truth? Don't forget that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism. Do you think Jesus would have remained affiliated to a religion which was not based on the Truth?

Please, don't take this as an offense. I am just using Logic to work on this syllogism.

First premise: The Truth is the Word of God. (John 17:17)
Second premise: The Word of God was given to the Jews only and to no other people on earth. (Psalm 147:19,20)
Resultant premise: The Truth is to be found in Judaism, the Faith of the Jews.

You are free to contest my view of the Truth.

Well, I'm neither Christian or a Jew, not even Muslim, so neither John or Psalm really does it for me. In the end I don't know of any Truth at all.

Well, I'm neither Christian or a Jew, not even Muslim, so neither John or Psalm really does it for me. In the end I don't know of any Truth at all.

Now, you have set me out to wonder. The other day you implied that I should leave this forum because it is for Christians. What happened that you have decided to champion the Christian cause if you are not a Christian?

You now confess that you don't know of any truth at all. Possibly but you seem to be an intelligent fella who can figure what is true from what is not. But if the point is that you are not interested in the truth at all, I wonder why you are around where the Truth is discussed. Unless you are an atheist. If yes, let me know and I'll change the point from Theology to Logic although most atheists don't know what Logic is about.

Now, you have set me out to wonder. The other day you implied that I should leave this forum because it is for Christians. What happened that you have decided to champion the Christian cause if you are not a Christian?
Could you give me a quote on that? I wonder what I might have said that made you believe that.

You now confess that you don't know of any truth at all. Possibly but you seem to be an intelligent fella who can figure what is true from what is not. But if the point is that you are not interested in the truth at all, I wonder why you are around where the Truth is discussed. Unless you are an atheist. If yes, let me know and I'll change the point from Theology to Logic although most atheists don't know what Logic is about.
I think there are a lot of things going on here besides Truth. And no, not atheists. And you really don't need to convince me of anything you know.

Could you give me a quote on that? I wonder what I might have said that made you believe that.

I think there are a lot of things going on here besides Truth. And no, not atheists. And you really don't need to convince me of anything you know.

So, what are we supposed to do, just chit-tattering over common beliefs? Not of my kind. I am not here with the intent to convince any one as Jews do not busy themselves with proselytization but we are a little more serious as Judaism is concerned.

Some Jews are more serious....but yeah...Jews will argue/discuss on infinitum what is work every nuance, possibility, look at it from all angles....

I still have missed.... Ortho, Conservative, Reform, Reconstruction or Renewal (I'm thinking not the first one or the last two)

Exactly how would the Judaism forum be only for Christians?

We have what we call a low walled garden here in our forums.... When you are in your garden area... you can explore your belief carte blanche, identify and try to irradicate invasive ideas, turn over old soil, plant other concepts interpretations....but, when you are in others gardens, you can ask about the weeds, but don't pull any until you are asked.

Sometimes there are more then one correct position.

There are indeed hundreds of positions but correct there is just one. If you read Isaiah 8:20, Isaiah says, "To the Law and the Prophets; if they do not teach according to "this" word, it is because there is no truth in them." Interesting to notice, he mentioned two words, "Law and Prophets" then he said according to "this" word as if he had mentioned just one. It is not to wonder what word was in his mind in this text. It is only obvious that it was Judaism because, only Judaism teaches according to the Law and the Prophets.

I don't have a handle on your position...

I've asked you repeatedly what your view of G!d is, what denomination of Judaism you partake...I seem to keep missing the answers and just getting more questions.

I've asked you repeatedly what your view of G!d is, what denomination of Judaism you partake...I seem to keep missing the answers and just getting more questions.

The Primal Cause without which the universe would have never begun in the first place. Would you be able to prove It otherwise? Jesus said that God is a Spirit. (John 4:24) Since spirits are incorporeal, how could I describe any further whom I cannot see?

Not all Jews are from Judah, there are still some Cohanim and Levites around.

But all are considered the same with the Jewish People; as one People and no longer two kingdoms. (Ezekiel 37:22)

That's right. Perhaps you are not reading my answers. Once more. I am just a simple Jew. I go to the synagogue closer to home, whereas it is Orthodox, Conservative or Reform. I don't care. It just happens that it is Orthodox.

That's right. Perhaps you are not reading my answers. Once more. I am just a simple Jew. I go to the synagogue closer to home, whereas it is Orthodox, Conservative or Reform. I don't care. It just happens that it is Orthodox.

What would someone(a Jew) who posts messages on Shabbat be considered?
Reform?

What would someone(a Jew) who posts messages on Shabbat be considered?
Reform?

One who understands that the commandment to keep the Sabbath holy is to work six days for a living and to rest on the Sabbath. As long as he is not working to make a living on the Sabbath, to spiritually help others to understand Torah is spiritually honorable and advisable.

One who understands that the commandment to keep the Sabbath holy is to work six days for a living and to rest on the Sabbath. As long as he is not working to make a living on the Sabbath, to spiritually help others to understand Torah is spiritually honorable and advisable.

That's definitely not the traditional, orthodox Jewish viewpoint on Sabbath observance. Certain activities are prohibited regardless of their intended purpose. Many Jews today, including the Reform movement, reject that viewpoint. And since this is an interfaith site, you're entitled to your opinion.

Back