Symmetry: Derail from Sound and Sacred Geometry

Hi Powessy,
Thanks for your nice post. I guess I don't know anything about the eternal knot, the flower of life or the golden ratio. I just looked up the golden ratio and I still don't get it. Of course I have heard of tetrahedrons and circles. But what makes them sacred? The Urantia symbol is three concentric blue circles on a white background, representing in graphic form, the Paradise Trinity, the Universal Father, the Eternal Son (not to be confused with Jesus) and the Infinite Spirit. So I guess I would consider that a sacred symbol. And maybe the symbol for infinity too. ∞ -Norm

The belief that god is the master geometer of these shapes. I kind of think of it like pi = 3.14159, these geometries seem to show themselves every time we try to solve various geometric problems. In religion we try to solve god and every time we find some form of trinity I suppose this would make the rings sacred. As for infinity, how many times can something become something again and again, I find this interesting.

thanks for you time and thoughts.

Powessy

Thanks, @Norm, for the background info. I found it very interesting. Welcome again to the forums!

If you do change your mind about having a dedicated thread on the Urantia book, you might find that this place is not quite like many other religious forums.

Hi Powessy again.
Here's a picture from my living room.
On the far right a stars and sun shower curtain that we use as a room divider. A throwback to hippie days, though I never was a bona-fide hippie. To the left is a 16 inch Japanese Buddha, quite heavy, that we got at an auction in rural Minnesota for $2. Dirty mirror behind that, and everything needs to be dusted. lol. Further left above the TV is the three concentric circles I was telling you about. It's 3 x 5 feet. I call it the Flag of God. I have one of those in the bedroom as well. And one in the garage. To the left of that in the small picture frame is a stereogram that calms me, and just above that but close you might be able to make out the ears of a Furby, if you remember those. To the left of that, probably hard to see is a porcelain statue of a Japanese Madonna and child, also about 16 inches tall. Off screen on the left is a Smiling Fat Buddha. On other walls I have a beautiful 8x10 framed glossy print of a blue Lord Krishna playing the flute of course, and with a peacock in the picture, next to an 8x10 framed picture of Bugs (Bunny), the Tasmanian Devil, and Yosemite Sam on motorcycles. Fun stuff. I love Bugs Bunny.
upload_2022-4-24_21-52-22.png

You silly little man. It means the book.
"you silly little man"

Group rules: You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend,
I’m guessing you were trying to be playful. Unfortunately the written word doesn’t always adequately express the intended nuance.
I believe the remark was uncalled for and have deleted it. Sorry @stranger whatever your intention it reads as an unwarranted personal attack

Last edited:
Hi Powessy again.
On the far right a stars and sun shower curtain that we use as a room divider. A throwback to hippie days, though I never was a bona-fide hippie. To the left is a 16 inch Japanese Buddha, quite heavy, that we got at an auction in rural Minnesota for $2. Dirty mirror behind that, and everything needs to be dusted. lol. Further left above the TV is the three concentric circles I was telling you about. It's 3 x 5 feet. I call it the Flag of God. I have one of those in the bedroom as well. And one in the garage. To the left of that in the small picture frame is a stereogram that calms me, and just above that but close you might be able to make out the ears of a Furby, if you remember those. To the left of that, probably hard to see is a porcelain statue of a Japanese Madonna and child, also about 16 inches tall. Off screen on the left is a Smiling Fat Buddha. On other walls I have a beautiful 8x10 framed glossy print of a blue Lord Krishna playing the flute of course, and with a peacock in the picture, next to an 8x10 framed picture of Bugs (Bunny), the Tasmanian Devil, and Yosemite Sam on motorcycles. Fun stuff. I love Bugs Bunny.
View attachment 2865

Hello Norm

Thank you for teaching me something about yourself. As for the three circles, I would love to talk more about them, but I do not want to side track this thread.

Cino included a link in his above post, please use the link to continue our conversation.
The thread can also be found in the sub forum of modern religions under Urantia.

Powessy

Last edited:
Cino, it feels like I'm being pushed to do some self promotion, this "unwritten rule." I'd rather not, especially not on a different forum (the intro forum) from this one. There would be no context there relating to me here. Who reads that forum and why?

I do. Partially because I think it's polite for its own sake to introduce oneself and listen tentatively during a first impression but also so I can know how to better approach them in threads. That way I know to tread more carefully when talking about Jesus to a Christian poster or about Mohammad with a Muslim poster, etc. as to not unintentionally offend them.

If that's not really something you care too much about, then I understand your dismissal.

Hi Powessy again.
View attachment 2865

I have that same shower curtain.

Vibrations are deceitful and unpredictable. The mind is controllable and hearts intentions when truly born in the waters of the Holy Spirit.

Seems your goal is to increase the number of threads you can find with the words holy spirit.

I look to see what new posts there are, what threads have new comments.

You and your holy spirit have been quite busy off the Christian board since I asked you to refrain from putting scripture in every comment, thread and religious discussion on our interfaith discussion group.

It is almost like you are intentionally skirting the proselytizing portion of the CoC trying to define the line.

I guess telling is telling when it comes tondiscussing discussion

Back