Richard Dawkins thinks sexual harrassment isn't important

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is, Dawkins may very well be forced into a subsequent unpleasent female reincarnation just so he can reap what he has sown. Fair is fair.

The sad thing is, Dawkins may very well be forced into a subsequent unpleasent female reincarnation just so he can reap what he has sown. Fair is fair.
Does your God work like that? Seems rather spiteful and petty to me.

George Galloway — an MP in the UK 'Respect' Party (go figure) made some equally facile comments in an interview recently, such as unless the woman is kicking and screaming, it can't be considered rape. Or that by agreeing to meet you for a drink meant that intercourse was on the menu.

My daughter wrote an article very critical of Mr Galloway, and the head of the Party (Salma Yaqoob) resigned. Was there a connection? I doubt it, but I like to think so, I'm her dad.

I forwarded her the link, and wait to see her get her teeth into Mr Dawkins!

God bless,

Thomas

I forwarded her the link, and wait to see her get her teeth into Mr Dawkins!

Hmm . . . This makes me wonder what Dawkins' wife thinks about his comments . . .

He's probably been sleeping on the couch for nights!

I really dislike Dawkins, I've thought that he has problems with understanding perspectives that differ from his own. The fact that he can't understand the power of words for other people only reinforce my opinion.

George Galloway — an MP in the UK 'Respect' Party (go figure) made some equally facile comments in an interview recently, such as unless the woman is kicking and screaming, it can't be considered rape. Or that by agreeing to meet you for a drink meant that intercourse was on the menu.

There are some pretty awful male attitudes out there. :(

Over here we just had a candidate that stated that G!d gave a woman a feature that did not allow her to get pregnant if she was raped....her birth ability shut down...therefore if she got pregnant, she wasn't raped....

Yuppers.....and he believes it, and he isn't alone....yes this is 2012

My interest in spirituality began when I escaped my childhood religion. I spent a number of years mostly associating with the skeptical, humanist, and atheist groups, and as someone who still identifies with them in part, despite having made my peace with religion and begun associating with a faith community -- the Dawkins-Watson schism is bizarre and discouraging. These are people who pride themselves on being Rationalists, on not letting any emotional bull cloud their judgment, and yet when Dawkins makes a comment to the effect that Watson is heaping too much importance on the "Elevator Incident", the entire skeptical community is split into sides, the DAWKINS IS EVIL and WATSON IS A FEMINAZI camps. It's amazing. They don't even have a credo and yet they've managed to have a schism. Now you've got the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe crew, of which Watson is a part, boycotting the the Amazing Meeting (named as such for being initially hosted by "The Amazing" James Randi, a skeptic magician). They're not being productive, they're just heaping abuse on one another now...

My interest in spirituality began when I escaped my childhood religion. I spent a number of years mostly associating with the skeptical, humanist, and atheist groups, and as someone who still identifies with them in part, despite having made my peace with religion and begun associating with a faith community -- the Dawkins-Watson schism is bizarre and discouraging. These are people who pride themselves on being Rationalists, on not letting any emotional bull cloud their judgment, and yet when Dawkins makes a comment to the effect that Watson is heaping too much importance on the "Elevator Incident", the entire skeptical community is split into sides, the DAWKINS IS EVIL and WATSON IS A FEMINAZI camps. It's amazing. They don't even have a credo and yet they've managed to have a schism. Now you've got the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe crew, of which Watson is a part, boycotting the the Amazing Meeting (named as such for being initially hosted by "The Amazing" James Randi, a skeptic magician). They're not being productive, they're just heaping abuse on one another now...
Hi Smellincoffee, and welcome to IO.
Yeah, isn't it amazing? {Pun intended}

Back