Does God still Speak ?

NiceCupOfTea

Pathetic earthlings
Reaction score
In Islam does Allah or God still speak to you ?

In the type of churches I have been involved in its quite common for God to speak to us or at least for us to believe so. Does this happen in Islam does God speak to you ?

Interesting question.... one because in Christianity anyone who says G!d speaks to them on minor level is OK, but to push the envelope and say so as a prophet makes you a wacko....

In Islam since Mohamed (pbuh) is the last prophet... then it would seem to me saying Allah told me to.....would be blasphemous??

I look forward to hearing what our Muslim friends respond.

I look forward to hearing what our Muslim friends respond.

not sure that there are many left who post here :(

we could do with some knowledgeable Islamic contributors to this forum.

the Revelation ended with God's Last messenger (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) which is the direct way to speak to god, god revealed that he knows his servants and close to them (And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein) 50:16 but speaking ? the simple answer is no, it is more like god speaking through actions, through his blessings given to us, he is with us whenever we are in need.

this is a hadith Qudsi (Sacred Hadith) which i feel sum it all up :)

"Allah says, 'I am as my servant expects Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers me. If he thinks of Me, I think of him. If he mentions Me in company, I mention him in an even better company. When he comes closer to Me by a handspan, I come closer to him an arm's length. If he draws closer to Me by an arm's length, I draw closer by a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him. If my servant comes to Me walking, I go to him running." (Al-Bukhari)

sometimes saints get words through inspiration; these might be God speaking

for example a sufi deeply engaged in meditation and the rememberance of Allah may suddenly hear the words, 'I am God' etc, and there have been other sentences/messages given in the same way [thruogh inspiration], but these messages dont form any new revelation

Peace :)

ps: God infact does speak to us but we dont hear it, for example when we say the faatihah [chapter of the Quran] in prayer, Allah [swt] answers to every verse...

ps: God infact does speak to us but we dont hear it, for example when we say the faatihah [chapter of the Quran] in prayer, Allah [swt] answers to every verse...

slightly different in Christianity

John 10:27
King James Version (KJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Yes, God does speak but through the Tanach, thanks to Ezra, the most famous Scribe in the History of Israel who codified the Tanach in a way that we no longer need to be taught how to know the Lord. (Jer. 31:34; Deut. 30:11-14) That was part of the New Covenant established with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. (Jer. 31:31)

~Believer~; [FONT=verdana said:
"Allah says, 'I am as my servant expects Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers me. If he thinks of Me, I think of him. If he mentions Me in company, I mention him in an even better company. When he comes closer to Me by a handspan, I come closer to him an arm's length. If he draws closer to Me by an arm's length, I draw closer by a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him. If my servant comes to Me walking, I go to him running." (Al-Bukhari) [/FONT]

I agree with this text as it is quite similar to God's blessings throughout the Tanach: Conditional. If man behaves this or that way, HaShem will respond doubly with His blessings. Man has to sew the seeds first in order to harvest the bunches.

Back