The Antidote to the End of the World.

B

Ben Hur

THE ANTIDOTE TO THE END OF THE WORLD

Here is the reason why the Mayan prediction failed and all else will with regards to the end of the world. The presence of Israel, the Jewish People on earth. That's not a joke; I am serious.

If you read Genesis 8:21,22, according to a Biblical allegory, soon after the Flood the Lord made a covenant with Noah pledging His Word that He would never again allow Mankind to be destroyed again as it had just happened with the Flood, as long as the natural laws governed the universe. What about if man got corrupted again as before? The guarantor would be the soon to rise People of Israel from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Why do I say so? Keep on reading.

Jeremiah, a famous Prophet in Israel read that text in Genesis and declared that as long as the natural laws governed the universe, Israel would remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-37)

Another evidence: Remember the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? Before its destruction the Lord appeared to Abraham in a dream/vision and revealed to him what He was about to do. Then, Abraham tried to bargain with the Lord to try to save Sodom. Abraham asked if there was at least ten justs in the city the Lord would spare it. Since there were not, Sodom had to go. Of course, there were hundreds of children but that's not what the Lord meant. He meant a Minyan of ten Jews, which is the meaning in Hebrew. Only ten Jews and those cities would be spared. (Gen. 18:32)

Jesus also must have read those three texts: Genesis 8:21,22, Jer. 31:35-37 and Gen.18:32 because, in his dialogue with the Samaritan woman at the Well of Jacob, he said to her that Salvation comes from the Jews. (John 4:22) "From the Jews" he said, and not from one among the Jews.

That's why the Mayan prediction for the end of the world failed, and all will, as long as Israel remain as the antidote before the Lord forever. We might as well never worry about it because it could take a few million years more until they are reduced down to a Minyan of ten on earth.

Ben Hur said:
Jesus also must have read those three texts: Genesis 8:21,22, Jer. 31:35-37 and Gen.18:32 because, in his dialogue with the Samaritan woman at the Well of Jacob, he said to her that Salvation comes from the Jews. (John 4:22) "From the Jews" he said, and not from one among the Jews.
Good opener. This ties up some things. First of all it shows the 'Jews' are the 'Hebrews' in Jesus opinion, so the word 'Jew' does refer to all of the tribes under Moses care (contrary to what some posters have claimed). Secondly, it means that whoever receives Jesus gospel is also included in a sense -- in the same sense that John the Baptist is Elijah.(Matthew 11:14) Elijah figures very prominently in Christianity which cannot really be discussed without him in the background. Literally John cannot be Elijah but is more like his reflection or a version of Elijah. Literally Christians are not Jews. They are supposed to be similar but not the same. The Jews continue to be Jews just as the original Elijah is the original Elijah. Christians continue to be a reflection of Jews but not exactly the same thing.

Another evidence: Remember the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? Before its destruction the Lord appeared to Abraham in a dream/vision and revealed to him what He was about to do. Then, Abraham tried to bargain with the Lord to try to save Sodom. Abraham asked if there was at least ten justs in the city the Lord would spare it. Since there were not, Sodom had to go. Of course, there were hundreds of children but that's not what the Lord meant. He meant a Minyan of ten Jews, which is the meaning in Hebrew. Only ten Jews and those cities would be spared. (Gen. 18:32)
Similarly, a Christian can plead for the Christians to be spared on the same basis or for the entire world. That's another reason for the Mayan prediction to fail. With so many people in the world, surely at least one of them is worth keeping.

If you read Genesis 8:21,22, according to a Biblical allegory, soon after the Flood the Lord made a covenant with Noah pledging His Word that He would never again allow Mankind to be destroyed again as it had just happened with the Flood, as long as the natural laws governed the universe. What about if man got corrupted again as before? The guarantor would be the soon to rise People of Israel from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Why do I say so? Keep on reading.
Hmm. Perhaps not by flood, but maybe the world would be destroyed by some other force. It says there won't be a flood to destroy all the living. Rainbows come from water, not from fire or from other destructive forces such as wind. It sounds like you are stretching to say that a promise not to flood the world also is a promise not to burn it, blow it up, dry it out or otherwise kill everyone.

Here is the reason why the Mayan prediction failed and all else will with regards to the end of the world. The presence of Israel, the Jewish People on earth. That's not a joke; I am serious.
They are more like the rainbow than the reason.

Knew this would be coming sooner or later. Finkelstein’s “low chronology” and “Biblical minimalism” are not widely accepted, or at the least they are hotly debated (see Finkelstein, Mazar & Schmidt. The quest for the historical Israel,Archeology and the Biblical Record by Alpert & Alpert, Mykytiuk’s Strengthening Biblical Historicity vis-à-vis Minimalism, 1992-2008; A New Suggestion by Leven as well as the well published and written about debate of Finkelstein and Garfinkle).

The claim

The Bible and its stories are toast as far as credibility goes. Israeli archeology cannot find any traces of Moses and the Exodus or of David and Solomon's fabulously wealthy kingdom of Greater Israel. In fact, archeological digs at Megiddo show that the Hebrews can only be traced as far back in time as 700 BC which right there destroys all the credibility of the Bible stories and gives the reason why no one can find Solomon's Temple or traces of the passage of 800000 Israelites wandering around lost for 40 years. See The Bible Unearthed video recording the work of Israeli archeologists at Megiddo.ble and its stories are toast as far as credibility goes. Israeli archeology cannot find any traces of Moses and the Exodus or of David and Solomon's fabulously wealthy kingdom of Greater Israel. In fact, archeological digs at Megiddo show that the Hebrews can only be traced as far back in time as 700 BC which right there destroys all the credibility of the Bible stories and gives the reason why no one can find Solomon's Temple or traces of the passage of 800000 Israelites wandering around lost for 40 years.”

Is just not correct. In fact, it is very nearly “not even wrong”. The discussion is about Finkelstein’s work at one site. There are first, other sites that contradict the conclusions presented (note the conclusions are not presented in any peer reviewed work by Finkelstein but are the product of a reaction to a film). Add to that the fact there are (of the, say, hundreds of Biblical Archeologists) only a dozen academically qualified scholars who support the extreme views of Finkelstein.

I am not saying Finkelstein is wrong (I am not qualified to do that). I am merely pointing out that there are other scientifically valid approaches. As a firm beleiver in the scientific method, this is fine with me. It reminds me of the "white man's archeology" that dominated Native American studies for so long (they did not arrive in the Americas until 4000 years ago, had no civilization or culture, had to have been colonized by whites to build the pyramids). It took 50 years or so to solve that conundrum sufficiently. The "low chronology" and "Biblical minimalism" ideas are only about half that old.

The other four paragraphs are mere opinion with only an emotional and no logical content. Bottom line: if you read the previous post, please do a little research on the topic before you accept the word of this god.

Dream, thou art a profound troll!
Sorry about that, Radarmark. I'm not familiar with Finkelstein, and I felt I had to say something. I'm in a position to know what I'm talking about when it comes to Jews as a whole. I've always been kind of a reject, but various Jewish people were kind. That's how I have met as many as I have. I've lost track of them all, but I remember their name and faces. In addition I found myself studying their Tanach through coincidence, because my family are evangelicals. Now if the Palestinians have been wronged through tales of the end of the world so has my family, so my perspective is balanced. I've seen the good and the bad and I've investigated not only the words but the motives of 'The Jews'.

You can be sure they're not going to slaughter their neighbors. All they want is to be God's rainbow in the sky, his sign of peace to the world. I predict there will be peace in the Middle East within 40 years, perhaps in 10. If you and I are still around we will see the biggest celebration ever, and it will probably become a yearly thing. Probably the entire world will celebrate it once a year -- peace in the Middle East. I'm lending you my sight. I'd give it an 85% chance that true peace will come within 40 years.

In two hundred years, people may even question if all the bizarre tales about the war in the Middle East ever really happened.

So as long as there are Jews, global warming can't hurt us? :)

There were series of "end of words", already. When you die - it is the end of your world as you know it... floods, and other global events, most likely have caused the end-of-the world a few times already. But guess what - Mother Earth is still kicking and it is not the Jews but the big star called Sun, that keeps it going! People come and go but as long as a couple hundred survives, it is likely the whole new cycle starts up again.

Its a garden gnome. I found it on the internet and am borrowing it under "Fair Use" terms. Its title is Chrome Dome Gnome and the photograph is being sold on Etsy.com at this link .

Similarly, a Christian can plead for the Christians to be spared on the same basis or for the entire world. That's another reason for the Mayan prediction to fail. With so many people in the world, surely at least one of them is worth keeping.

There were thousands of people in Sodom and Gomorrah. Many sinless children. I wonder why they were not worth keeping.

Hmm. Perhaps not by flood, but maybe the world would be destroyed by some other force.

The point in the thread is not about the method used for the destruction of Mankind, but the fact that the wold of then had come to an end, and now it will no longer. The guarantor is present in the world. And as long as it remains as a People before the Lord forever, Mankind will be here to stay. (Jer. 31:35-37)

It says there won't be a flood to destroy all the living. Rainbows come from water, not from fire or from other destructive forces such as wind.

The rainbow was only a token to remind of the Lord's promise. The Minyan must still be here.

It sounds like you are stretching to say that a promise not to flood the world also is a promise not to burn it, blow it up, dry it out or otherwise kill everyone.

It does not matter how, either by natural catastrophe or man-made disaster, the world won't end as long as Israel remains as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-37)

They are more like the rainbow than the reason.

The rainbow points to the reason.

So as long as there are Jews, global warming can't hurt us? :)

There were series of "end of words", already. When you die - it is the end of your world as you know it... floods, and other global events, most likely have caused the end-of-the world a few times already. But guess what - Mother Earth is still kicking and it is not the Jews but the big star called Sun, that keeps it going! People come and go but as long as a couple hundred survives, it is likely the whole new cycle starts up again.

Right, not in a universal catastrophe as to endanger the whole of Mankind. Something of the kind of the Flood, whether it was true or not. But the sample is in there.

ben hur - are you familiar with the phrase of the rambam, "ha-'olam noheg ke-minhago"? the existence of jews is no guarantee of the safety of the human race or the planet. your attitude is profoundly immature; jewish is not what you *are* - it is what you *do* - and it is a Torah commandment to do what we can to preserve the planet and humanity. we do not pretend to really understand what we jews are actually here for - i prefer to think of us like a control element in a science experiment; we're here to calibrate.

skinker, you are clearly nuts. G!D may still be Talking, but what you are hearing is the echoes off the walls of the padded cell your mind lives in. do you think you're the first self-proclaimed prophet we've had here? your kind come, they spout off, they go. it's amusing for about 5 minutes, then it gets really rather boring.

b'shalom

bananabrain

ben hur - are you familiar with the phrase of the rambam, "ha-'olam noheg ke-minhago"? the existence of jews is no guarantee of the safety of the human race or the planet. your attitude is profoundly immature; jewish is not what you *are* - it is what you *do* - and it is a Torah commandment to do what we can to preserve the planet and humanity. we do not pretend to really understand what we jews are actually here for - i prefer to think of us like a control element in a science experiment; we're here to calibrate.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Well, I agree with you 100% about the fact that much more important is what we do here on earth than really what we are. But neverminding for a while my immature attitude, you really don't see anything at all in the quotations I put down in the thread that could relate what we are with the preservation of Mankind? Personally, I am not that superstitious myself but... Perhaps the superstition was found in the minds of Abraham, Jeremiah and Jesus. Or was it all in my understanding of the texts?

skinker, you are clearly nuts.

Skinker,
OTOH you posted all those seemingly rude injunctions that I was un-aware of before.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
When everyone ganged-up on me I'd just threw it back into ...my own face ... this took the onus off of me and put upon my gargantuan ego, my be you can take a walk down a similar detour:

Hey bhaktajan,
That's right, Mr bhaktajan, I'm tawking to you!

What's your problem? You need attention?

99% of your posts make no sense. Bhaktajan, you are so full of your self.

Your speech patterns are in-decipherable. I get a headache from giving you a moments read.

Where do I get the nerve to think I know what I'm tawking about?

From now on I shall be ignoring any comments I make!

I can't take it anymore, do I hear myself good enough for you--propbably not--you are so vain, I meant it! I am so vain and tire of me!

Well, you know what I stand for and everybody else knows what I stand for --and I can't take it any more.
I am such a loud opinionated veteren that the last person I need telling how to think and speak is me!

You are not going to have Richard Nixon to kick around anymore.

Do I really think that nobody knows about my Uncle Gupta's affliction?
We all know about my un-controlled out-bursts against fools like myself.
We have been waiting for some one to finally put myself in his place and tell me where I sould go --well, finally, here I am.

And I will not put up a fight. Do you hear me?

Yes, I think Bhaktajan thinks he can cut the cheese better than others can.

We all know about how puffed-up Bhaktajan is, it's no secret--he'd be the first to tell you replete with some fancy-shmancy Sanskrit Poster into the bargin.

Well no more. I am logging out and I don't know how many minutes until I will allow myself another post.

I hope this makes you happy, there! I've gone and said and that's that!

From now on I will just keep things to myself not.

good bye,
you know who I am; stop being sooo smart,
Bhaktajan

Back