The awul "Journey"

Ah yes Do unto others as they would have done unto them.....the other is so arrogant as George Shaw it appears pointed out before me....

Ah yes Do unto others as they would have done unto them.....the other is so arrogant as George Shaw it appears pointed out before me....
Yes? Is this is you then? "Yes" to all others? Not a bad way to increase the activity in your life. Or, do you find ways to say 'no' to others when it comes time to doing it, perhaps to do some things that you plan instead, defend your freedom, or avoid doing something that you find objectionable?

No, but I believe you are aware....

More along the lines of maybe you don't like brussel sprouts....I'd like to be fed them, but feeding them to you would be innappropriate....now if you are a cannibal....no, I'll not participate with you in those whims...

I have my limits...but it can be interesting discovering what they are...

No, but I believe you are aware....

More along the lines of maybe you don't like brussel sprouts....I'd like to be fed them, but feeding them to you would be innappropriate....now if you are a cannibal....no, I'll not participate with you in those whims...

I have my limits...but it can be interesting discovering what they are...
So you are a 'No' man, and defending the 'No' man. "No, I will not eat what you serve. I will eat what I want to eat." "I do whatever I want, and my rule is: give to others whatever they want... when it suits me. I tolerate others doing whatever they want as long as it is within my limits to permit it." I would say that fairly well sums up a prevailing attitude in Western (American) capitalism and consumerism: "The customer is always right". The fine print is important with that rule: (within limits).

From my perspective, involved in a number of relationships, what we eat from others is not entirely for us, if even at all, and what we serve to others is not entirely for others, if even at all. So, the golden rule becomes: Eat what others serve as we would have others eat what we serve, and serve others as we would have others serve us. I guess the missing fine print should be: "We prefer to receive voluntarily, how about you?".

I don't replace the word 'as' with 'what': "Do unto others what I would have others do unto me"... I agree that would be arrogant, and it seems that I see arrogance in those that make that substitution. I don't know you Wil, I just see your words, but that alleged Christian that I knew for a bit: I indeed did find him, his wife, and his preacher, high on the arrogant list, and they were the only people that I believe I have ever outright told, "Your arrogance is overwhelming me".

Just fostering self-awareness, is all. It is unnecessary to read too much into it.
Foster on. Whom do you think a person's words reflect, and whom do they inform?

The golden rule is my rule book for a dummy. Yes, I am a dummy that has needed it, and I remind myself daily to use it. I learn good things by doing it. It is a challenge.

I will try to foster awareness too: I have posted here under cyberpi in the past. I was banned more than once from this website. If you or any 'body' wishes me to leave and say nothing further, I would be happy to do so.

Now, who is talking about leaving? Leucy7, there are a whole lot of things that I would like to discuss with you.

Back