Jesus is not God ..... Part 3

Hello Bandit and welcome

You dont see him as God but you see him as God manifested in the flesh? How is it that you dont accept his being God if he is God in the flesh?

"I believe Jesus is all the titles"

MIGHTY GOD: Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

WORD: John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

I am interested in how Jesus was "disobedient" in a commandment.

adam ~da = man, mankind

If Jesus who is the first and last Adam ,which I agree is a name for Jesus in the bible, if Jesus is God manifested in the flesh.. How can we reason that God sinned? Adam, the man, sinned and thus created the fallen nature of men.

Lets study this

Matthew 28:19 ‘baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.’ *Note that the word ‘name’ is singular, showing that all three Persons are one Being.

As the Creator Colossians 1:16-17 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

The NT states that the Jesus is the Creator of all things. For instance, the author of Hebrews writes:
Hebrews 1:8a, 10-12 But about the Son he says… ‘In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end.

The author has the Father addressing the Son as the actual Creator of the cosmos. The author applies to the Son an OT passage which refers to Yahweh’s work in creation:

Psalm 102:24-27 “‘O my God,’ I say, ‘take me not hence in the midst of my days, thou whose years endure throughout all generations!’ Of old thou didst lay the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They will perish, but thou dost endure; they will all wear out like a garment. Thou changest them like raiment, and they pass away; but thou art the same, and thy years have no end.”

the OT says somewhere else that Yahweh ALONE stretched out the heavens:

Job 9:7-8 He speaks to the sun and it does not shine; he seals off the light of the stars. He ALONE stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.”

For Hebrews to write that the Son personally laid the foundations of the earth and that the heavens are the work of his hands means that the author truly believed that the Son was Yahweh God (yet not the Father), the very eternal Creator himself!
Yahweh God created the heavens with his own hands and he alone stretched them out. The Son created the heavens with his own hands.Therefore we can conclude that the Son is Yahweh God.

He changed the water into wine, creating something new John 2:1-11
He multiplied a small amount of food on two separate occasions to feed thousands John 6
He created new eyes from mud John 9; Mark 8
He had authority over nature and controls His creation for He calmed the sea and walked upon it and caused the fish to have the coin in its mouth so He and Peter could pay the temple tax Matthew 17:27
He gave life to the physically dead.
[font=Arial,Helvetica]He gave life to the spiritually dead, making a new creation.​
[/font]He has the ability to forgive sins Luke 7:47–50 and judge all people John 5:27
He sends forth the Holy Spirit John 15:26
He accepts worship Hebrews 1:6, Matthew 14:33
He is called ‘Lord’ Romans 10:9 where ‘Lord’ (kurios) is a translation of the Old Testament Yahweh (= God) Romans 10:13 cites Joel 2:32 which makes this clear
Jesus said: ‘My Father is greater (meizon) than I’ John 14:28. But this refers to the Father’s greater position in Heaven, not superior nature. Philippians 2:5–11 states that Jesus had equality by nature with God, but voluntarily took on the lower position of a servant. The same arguments apply to related passages about Jesus submitting to His Father’s will.

The word ‘better’ (kreitton) would have been used to describe superiority in nature if this is what had been meant. Indeed, kreitton is used to describe Jesus’ superiority in His very nature to the angels Hebrews 1:4 He is greater than us in position, but he is still a human being like us, so is not better in nature

Jesus is called ‘the firstborn of every creature’ Colossians 1:15 However, in Jewish imagery, ‘firstborn’ means ‘having the rights and special privileges belonging to the eldest child’. It refers to pre-eminence in rank more than to priority in time. This can be shown in passages where the term ‘firstborn’ is used of the pre-eminent son who was not the eldest, e.g. Psalm 89:27, where David is called ‘firstborn’ although he was actually the youngest son.

‘Firstborn’ does not mean ‘first created’; the Greek for the latter is protoktisis, while firstborn is prototokos. In fact, the verses after Colossians 1:15 show that Christ Himself is the creator of all things.

Jesus is Son of God. From this, some people try to show that Jesus is somehow less than God. But in Jewish imagery, ‘the son of’ often meant ‘of the order of’ or ‘having the very nature of’. For example, ‘sons of the prophets’ meant ‘of the order of prophets’ 1 Kings 20:35 ‘sons of the singers’ meant ‘of the order of singers’ Nehemiah 12:28 pharisees and sadducees understood that He was claiming to be God, which is why they wanted to kill him for blasphemy John 19:7

Jesus is the ‘only-begotten Son’ John 3:16 The Greek word translated ‘only-begotten’ is monogenes, which means ‘unique, ‘one of a kind’. Jesus is the unique Son of God, because he is God by His very nature. Believers in Him become ‘sons of God’ by adoption Galatians 3:26–4:7

This is shown in the human realm by Hebrews 11:17, where Isaac is called Abraham’s ‘only begotten son’. Abraham had other sons, but Isaac was the unique son of the Abrahamic Covenant Genesis 5–18,20 born when his parents were old.

-"Behold, the days come, says Jehovah, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and act wisely, and shall do judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely. And this is His name by which He shall be called, JEHOVAH, OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS."
Jer 23:5-6 *Righteous Branch - name for Jesus

We find Our Great God naming 'the righteous Branch', Jesus Christ, as 'JEHOVAH, OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.' This names Him as God Almighty and Eternal, since the name/title 'JHVH, or YHWH' was only applied to the God of Israel, 'The Great I AM', by the Spiritually inspired Hebrew writers of Testament.

Compare the two verses Isa 61:1-3 and Luke 4:17-21.
"The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is on Me; because Jehovah has anointed Me to preach the Gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to preach the acceptable year of Jehovah and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to appoint to those who mourn in Zion, to give to them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the mantle of praise for the spirit of heaviness; so that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of Jehovah, that He might be glorified."
"For I Jehovah love judgment-"

We find that Isa 61:8, names the speaker of verses 1-3 as 'Jehovah'. He states that He has been anointed by Jehovah to preach the Gospel. Again, we find 'JHVH, or YHWH' being assigned by God's inspiration to two different beings. In the Gospel of Luke we find this entry concerning Jesus,
"And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And unrolling the book, He found the place where it was written, 'The Spirit of the Lord is on Me; because of this He has anointed Me to proclaim the Gospel to the poor,etc'- "
"And He began to say to them, Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your ears."

More Scriptural proof that Jesus is 'Jehovah' occurs in Isa 48:16-17 & Zec 2:10-11, "Come near to Me, hear this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning. From its being, I was there; and now the Lord Jehovah, and His Spirit, has sent Me. So says Jehovah, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, I am Jehovah your God -"
"Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion. For lo, I come, and I will dwell in your midst, says Jehovah. And many nations shall be joined to Jehovah in that day, and shall be My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you shall know that Jehovah of Hosts has sent me to you. "

We again see the name 'Jehovah' being used to indicate two individual beings. We have 'Jehovah' speaking and being sent by 'the Lord Jehovah, and His Spirit'. In other words, 'Jehovah your God' is sent by the 'Lord Jehovah and His Spirit'. The 'sent One' is identified in the Gospels,
Luke4:43 And He (Jesus) said to them, I must proclaim the gospel, the kingdom of God, to other cities, because I was sent on this mission,
John 8:42 Jesus said to them, If God were your father, you would love Me, for I went forth and came from God; for I did not come of Myself, but He sent Me.

In these, and numerous other, verses of the Bible, Jesus is proclaimed as the 'Sent One', which in agreement with Isa 48:16-17, and other Scriptures, names Him as 'Jehovah God.'

Additional Biblical testimony that Jesus is God, is provided by the Gospel of John.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

From verse 14, we can determine that ' the Word' is Jesus. The final portion of verse 1 proclaims that the Word was God.

*Note; The argument that this part of the verse should read, 'the Word was a god', is refuted by the original Greek manuscripts, which read, 'God was the Word.' in addition, the title 'ho theos' is used for the name 'God'. Throughout ALL the Greek manuscripts, this title was used only to name the One, True, God.

John 14:8-9 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip?"
"
He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father?"

"I am currently asking God for more understanding in the Book of Revelations." Arent we all :p
"I do not study for head knowledge. I am a believer." Me too :)

"Is there anyone who has an interest in studying the man Christ Jesus?
My life is studying Jesus as the Author of my Salvation.

Thank you for your post. You gave me a challenge and I put the bible to the test once again reaffirming my belief in the word. Wow I spent 4 hours on this post! Time sure does fly by fast when your having fun.

Faithful Servant

Hi Ben,

Thanks again for your response.

Ben57 said:
By researching what scholars such as E,C. Colwell (formulated what is known as Colwell’s rule) P.B. Harner, D.E. Hartley and P.S. Dickson we see that the word theos in the second instance is a anarthrous predicate nominative noun. (for those not familiar with anarthrous this word means without the letter “a” preceding the noun)
Ben
The “theos” here is not belonging to something, not showing ownership, but describing what the “Logos” is.
I have done some research on Colwell and his rule. Although he tackles John 1:1c regarding it as a definite noun, he argues that its anarthrous occurrence does NOT argue necessarily for its qualitativeness or indefiniteness. He supports this by referencing to the confession of Thomas, oJ kuvriov" mou kaiV oJ qeov" mou (John 20:28) - "My Lord and my God".

That is why I feel that understanding John 1:1 is very important. What is the original writer saying, who were his audience, what did he believe and what did his audience believe. What does the context of John 1 imply to its audience but hew words used in it.
May I ask you who you believe John's audience was and what they believed with respect to John 1:1? Thanks.

Hi FaithfulServant. 4 hours?! that is a blessing.
Thanks for responding and thanks also for not judging me, because so many do.
I will just respond to the quote portion below, because too much written at once gets complicated.

You dont see him as God but you see him as God manifested in the flesh? How is it that you dont accept his being God if he is God in the flesh?

"I believe Jesus is all the titles"

MIGHTY GOD: Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

WORD: John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

I am interested in how Jesus was "disobedient" in a commandment.

adam ~da = man, mankind

If Jesus who is the first and last Adam ,which I agree is a name for Jesus in the bible, if Jesus is God manifested in the flesh.. How can we reason that God sinned? Adam, the man, sinned and thus created the fallen nature of men.

God is manifested in many ways. I see God manifested in people who love Him. I see God manifested in His written Word, the waters, the heavens, a burning bush but they are things, because God is a Spirit. The man Jesus was a manifestation of God in his 3 1/2 year ministry.

The prophecy in IS. denotes future giving Jesus TITLES. His NAME shall be called, not he shall be.
The titles and authority were all given to him.

John1. Everyone pretty much sees that the same way, it just depends on what time they put the horse in front of the cart.

We know God cannot sin or be disobedient or obedient because He is God.
Remember- you see Jesus as God from birth in the manger. I see him as a man that God MADE.
God made 2 different men at two different times. Correct?

First Adam was DISOBEDIENT he disobeyed the commandment (Adam is not God to me)
He ate of the tree and the curse was DEATH.

Last Adam (jesus) (jesus is not God to me) was OBEDIENT even to the death of the cross.
In John we see Jesus (last Adam) had recieved a commanment also.
10:17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
10:18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

In the garden you see Jesus asking his father for the cup to pass him, then he says...NOT MY WILL, BUT THINE BE DONE.

The commandment Jesus (last Adam) recieved was DEATH.

Your question of Jesus being disobedient- as Last Adam he was obedient, not disobedient.

FaithfulServant, It is probably better for you to just stay with Jesus being God, it is much easier.?.?:D
Thanks for trying:)
I will try to get the firstborn out over the weekend.

:) I am sorry FaithfulServant, what I meant to say is, the way you see Jesus is easier than how I see him and I will admit seeing him as God from the start is easier than seeing Jesus as first and last Adam and how God is revealed through, in, for and by man.

Then what I meant to say is, I will get the firstborn out and reply to the other parts of your post in order a little at a time.:)

Hello Bandit :)

Im going to wait to respond to your post because I want you to be able to focus on other parts then we can narrow it down.

do you honestly think its more difficult to see Jesus as just a man rather than seeing him as a part of a triune Godead? Trying to grasp the the idea that God is three parts? knowing which roles each aspect of God plays into our lives? I beg to differ. It took me a long time to grasp the fullness of it. I didnt understand it until I began asking for wisdom and understanding and then the scriptures started popping out at me everytime I opened my bible. I used to read the bible and take it at face value.. thats not what its meant to be.. But to have God interpret it FOR me .. oh man the jewels I find everyday.

You know those 3D pictures you see where you look through them to see the real picture.. thats what its like for me. I read something I see the face value then I meditate on it and I start to see the REAL thing underneath. I have examples but they are personal revelations from my Lord and I dont know if anyone can truly understand it except the person receiving then again ive never tried to explain a verse to someone.

Like I said I welcome the challenge! I love being able to test the word according to my beliefs. It reaffirms my conviction. I would like to see scriptures defending your belief system. So if you can take the time to show them to me so I can look them up myself I would appreciate it.

I also am curious if you consider yourself a Christian? and what were the churches that practiced this same theology? Is Jehovah's Witness one of them?

Faithful Servant

FaithfulServant, :)
Thanks for being so kind to me. I am not used to others even considering me as child of God because my understanding is so different.
I posted here because I saw the thread was not in a fighting angry debating, confused thread. But now it appears to be more based on trinity and Jehova
Witness.

I was raised in an Apostolic Church. I am not Jehova Witness, but they and the mormons came to my house for about a year, along with other religions and things just did not match up for me.
I repented and was baptised in Jesus name at 9. Recieved the Holy Ghost speaking with tongues at 12. So yes I am a Christian but I can't bring myself to claim a specific organized religion. I think there is a bit of good in all religions.

There are only two churches that I know of who see Jesus as First and LastAdam and they are Apostolic. The sad part is, they have been scorned and ridiculed and hated so badly that they decided to keep it within the church walls to keep peace with everyone.
I keep it to myself mostly too, but once in awhile I like to see if others are beginning to see it. I am thinking this is how God wants it to be. Some things are supposed to remain hidden.?.
The First and Last Adam is not an easy thing to see, I can tell you that.

You will not find what I am talking about anywhere online, published or anywhere outside of the two churches who see it.
They did come out of a trinitarian background and this particular revelation has only been out for the last 50 years.

I have been around and around with the triGod, the Jesus ONLY, the Jesus that Jehova created, the polyGod, the angel theory.
I do know the Christian Science see Jesus as a man kind of like I do, but they also see Adam and Eve as a myth. SO, there ya go:)

I have never believed God as 3 parts. Just one huge massive loving and all powerful all knowing spirit. With one little spirit of the man Jesus making up the complete godhead.

I dont believe the godhead was ever completed until after Jesus went to the cross and was raised up to immortality.
I say this because God was at peace when he created man, first Adam. Then God mainly only deals with the righteous seed through the O.T. and you see wrath and destruction and He wont go outside of the Holy of Holies to commune.
Then after Jesus (second Adam) laid down his life in obedience you see a
God of grace and peace again.

I see others views very clearly and understand what they are seeing because I keep my mind and heart open and honest willing to be taught. Besides I wanted to know what other religions taught.

But I have lost interest in the other theories because it is always the same thing and the same scriptures and they argue back and forth, (which I wont do) and I see different scriptures on top of the main godhead scriptures.
I dont even consider it Theology the way most do. I see it as knowing
our God better by knowing who Jesus is.:cool:

We can just talk about it a little. Whenever I see someone feeling uneasy, confused or threatened or they start to judge, I back off and just let it rest.

Have a good weekend FaithfulServant and I will get a
post back to you soon on the other scriptures. Hope I answered well enough so far.

In Christ,
Bandit

Dear FaithfulServant,
another 4 hours bites the dust. Oh what Joy:) Thanks for keeping me busy:)

John 14:8-9 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip?"
"
He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father?"

He multiplied a small amount of food on two separate occasions to feed thousands John 6

He had authority over nature and controls His creation for He calmed the sea and walked upon it and caused the fish to have the coin in its mouth so He and Peter could pay the temple tax Matthew 17:27
[font=Arial,Helvetica]He gave life to the spiritually dead, making a new creation.

He has the ability to forgive sins Luke 7:47–50 and judge all people John 5:27
He is called ‘Lord’ Romans 10:9 where ‘Lord’ (kurios) is a translation of the Old Testament Yahweh (= God) Romans 10:13 cites Joel 2:32 which makes this clear
Jesus said: ‘My Father is greater (meizon) than I’ John 14:28. But this refers to the Father’s greater position in Heaven, not superior nature. Philippians 2:5–11 states that Jesus had equality by nature with God, but voluntarily took on the lower position of a servant. The same arguments apply to related passages about Jesus submitting to His Father’s will.

If it is ok Faithfulservant, I will just look at these with you for now, then come back to Hebrews, Col and the Preeminence.
Please don't get me wrong, I do see the equality of son with the father, but I am seeing the equality from this side of Jordan and Calvary. I am seeing Jesus as the image and manifestation of God and this side of Calvary, they are inseperable. But I'll come back to that and the firstborn etc...

When I see Phillips question, I am looking at a man who was asking for more than what Jesus had offered and shown. I am seeing Philip desiring to see a physical being at the same time, along side with Jesus. Now Jesus understood God is a spirit and taught the disciples to worship God in spirit. The disciples had not recieved the Holy Ghost yet, so they could not have known the father the same way Jesus knew him. He had done everything in teaching, in prayer and in works, yet Phillip wanted to see the Father. Jesus manifested the father in his life. Sometimes I think Jesus may have been sad at the question, because he asked Phillip, "How can you ask this " (so to speak)

Matthew 28:19 ‘baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.’ *Note that the word ‘name’ is singular, showing that all three Persons are one Being.

I am seeing this as a commandment in water baptism, name singular, showing one name and one authority for all three titles. I see the Father and Holy Ghost as one entity and one spirit, for there are many titles.
I am seeing the SON as a seperate entity yet one in essence with the father.
I do not see three persons (entities) here, I see three titles displaying the one God. Three manifestations and three titles of the one God, but not 3 entities.
Holy Ghost is called promise, comforter, gift, gift of God.

John 17:21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 17:22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 17:23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Above, I am seeing the oneness of God displayed in the Apsotles. God, Jesus, the apostles, clear up to us in the present, we are also one with the father.
It is showing that the father is IN the son and the son IN the father. His prayer here is so that the apostles can share IN and be made perfect in one the same way the father and son are one.

[font=Arial,Helvetica]He gave life to the spiritually dead, making a new creation.

I am seeing These wonderful miracles as the power of God being displayed through the man Jesus. Jesus was a man, He was nothing without the father and I see his humility directing the glory to his father in his teachings.
We see Moses pass the red sea, which is just as great of a miracle as what Jesus did. But moses is not God. We see Peter and John healing the lame man in Acts. We see Peter raise Tabitha from the dead, but it was not that Peter is God- IT was the power of God.
We see the prison shaken through the praises and singing and Paul was set free, though the power of God.
Jesus said, "GREATER things than this shall ye do."
Jesus passed the authority on to the Apostles to remit and retain sin. But we know sin is not remitted by a man, rather through the teaching of repentance of the heart.

He has the ability to forgive sins Luke 7:47–50 and judge all people John 5:27

Yes I believe with you that Jesus sends the Holy Ghost.
Yes I believe with you that Jesus accepts worship, but this worship is not outside of the Father (God).

Yes I believe that Jesus is called Lord as in leader, ruler, excercising authority- but not outside of the father. I see Jesus as excercising the authority of God as in the RIGHT HAND.

"Lord": 1203 despotes des-pot'-ace perhaps from 1210 and posis (a husband); an absolute ruler ("despot"):--Lord, master.
2424 Iesous ee-ay-sooce' of Hebrew origin (3091); Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites:--Jesus.
2634 katakurieuo kat-ak-oo-ree-yoo'-o from 2596 and 2961; to lord against, i.e. control, subjugate:--exercise dominion over (lordship), be lord over, overcome.
2960 kuriakos koo-ree-ak-os' from 2962; belonging to the Lord (Jehovah or Jesus):--Lord's.
2961 kurieuo ko-ree-yoo'-o from 2962; to rule:--have dominion over, lord, be lord of, exercise lordship over.
2962 kurios koo'-ree-os from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir.
3134 maran atha mar'-an ath'-ah of Chaldee origin (meaning our Lord has come); maranatha, i.e. an exclamation of the approaching divine judgment:--Maran-atha.
4462 rhabboni hrab-bon-ee', or rhabbouni hrab-boo-nee' of Chaldee origin; corresponding to 4461:--Lord, Rabboni.

Phil.2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 2:9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 2:10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I see Jesus in the FORM of God but not God. I see this equality spoken here from Jordan and calvary and forward. I see the man Jesus as God manifesting himself IN and through the man Jesus.
Yet there is an obedience factor here, and God is not required to be obedient to anything. Yet Jesus RECIEVED a commandement from His father in Matthew.
Jesus made no reputation of himself, yet humbled himself and BECAME obedient unto death.

Jesus was MADE in the likeness of men and being FOUND in fashion as a man.
Later we see God ALSO HATH what???
HIGHLY EXALTED HIM and GAVE HIM A NAME above all names.
Jesus did not exalt himself. God exalted him.
We see THINGS OF heaven THINGS IN earth and THINGS under the earth. We see everything
bowing and confessing, sooner or later, that Jesus is Lord.
WHY?
to the glory of the Father.

John14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. 14:29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

I see a relationship here. I see Jesus expressing his Love for his father and doing his best for the world to see. Once again we see Jesus was given a commandment.
At this point in time, I see Jesus acknowledging God, as being greater than he is. He not only refers to his father as a father but also as God.
Below we see Jesus in his immortal state of being and he acknowledges God as both father and God.
I dont see where Jesus ever directly claimed to be God. I see that God exalted him to the position, within the godhead after the cross.

Below we see Jesus not being touched. This is where he had to go to the father and sprinkle the blood on the mercy seat, like the priests with the OT sacrifices. Later, they are able to touch him.

John 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
[/font]
[/font]

I cant wait till you finish with my original post. Im getting antsy to discuss all this with you in the Spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ.

My concern is the fear you stated your church has of persecution and hate. Doesnt it concern you that if your beliefs are what God intended to be taken from scripture are not spread that the blood is on your hands?

Ezekiel 3: 18-21 When I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul. Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul."

Just a little thought of mine. We were also taught to be bold.

1 Thessalonians 2:1-6 For you yourselves know, brethren, that our coming to you was not in vain. But even after we had suffered before and were spitefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we were bold in our God to speak to you the gospel of God in much conflict. For our exhortation did not come from error or uncleanness, nor was it in deceit. But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness--God is witness. Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature

Ephesians 6:19-20 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

1 Thessalonians 2:4-6 But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts. For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness--God is witness. Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.

2 Timothy 1:7-8 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,

I have other things I would like to discuss with you but I already have put too much on your plate! I made some notes so as not to forget.

Faithful Servant

Faithfulservant said:

I cant wait till you finish with my original post. Im getting antsy to discuss all this with you in the Spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ.

My concern is the fear you stated your church has of persecution and hate. Doesnt it concern you that if your beliefs are what God intended to be taken from scripture are not spread that the blood is on your hands?

Ezekiel 3: 18-21 When I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul. Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul."

Just a little thought of mine. We were also taught to be bold.

2 Timothy 1:7-8 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,

I have other things I would like to discuss with you but I already have put too much on your plate! I made some notes so as not to forget.

Faithful Servant
You did put a lot of scriptures out Faithful Servant. I am looking forward to the continued study also.

I think getting the gospel out and understanding mysteries are two different things.
The Gospel itself is very basic to understand, or it seems like that to me.
Some people think if you dont believe everything about a certain religion then they are not getting eternal life. I mean the trinity has been out for what? 1700 years? or something. Rome wanted it as the only religion and that just was not going to happen no more than Muhamed or Buddah or any others. I love the study of early Rome, the first 400 years.

So I think some things may be for certain individuals. ? .Why, I dont know.

And I dont think it is right for people to judge others at all, ever for any reason, good or bad.

Religion has caused problems beyond comprehension, And if something is causing others to hate or disfellowship, then we should do our best to try and reason, but if it goes nowhere and tension is increased, then just stop pushing it. And continue to keep the unity in the faith showing love and accepting our brothers.
Too many splits and divisions that just should not be over things that probably dont really matter. I dont think God expects everyone to see the godhead for salvation.

I dont know why only these 2 churches are the only ones that can see it this way. I just dont know.
First and Last Adam Is not really taught as an issue or doctrine. Its just kind of there and sometimes people pick up on it.
Many churches still fellowship with them world wide, but it is the very LOCAL churches that are so mean to them. Kind of like a prophet in his own country with no honor.

I can only think that it is something remaining hid, maybe for a future day and why I am not sure.

But I see splits in churches over lesser issues. ha ha ha ha:rolleyes:

Yes we do have to be bold in declaring our Lord. If that means we go down with a beheading, G0d will surley raise us up with the one true head. Jesus.
Give me a day or two to start on the others. I going to go to sleep early tonight, feeling that winter bear in me.

We have all eternity to talk about our Lord. I think we will make a good team.

Faithful Servant and Bandit, to the rescue.:) LOL

FaithfulServant, I am doing this in 4 separate posts because it gets so lengthy. The first two on most of the passages you gave. The 3rd post because I see the passage in Col. ties in with the cross. The 4th post are just basic notes. A basic personal outline that I have shared with others. So you can kind of see where I am coming from.

Remember you are seeing him as God in the manger, I am seeing Jesus as both the First Adam and Last Adam- Same man in spirit.

John 19:7The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God. I don't see this as Jesus caliming to be God only the Son of God. When i think of Rome at that time they were extremely involved with the Roman & Greek pagan gods where they believed that god (s) turned into me. Maybe in there minds, that is what they thought Jesus was claiming, due to the thought of the people of the times.

At that particular time, Jesus really is the only one who could claim to be Son of God, because the Holy Ghost was given to him without measure. People had not been given the spirit of God yet, to be called sons of God as in our new birth. Jesus is also the firstborn.

Firstborn First begotten

First, I do not see anything in these passages about planets and solar systems. I am seeing something greater. What I see is The tabernacle of God is with men. The plan of God is about man (men).

Heb :2:6But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?

2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

2:8Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

2:9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

2:10For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Son of man here I see is Jesus (last Adam). God MADE him lower than angels and God crowned him with glory and honour and SET him over the works of Gods hands.

We see God put all things (powers,PEOPLE, entities) under his feet. God put all (PEOPLE, entities) in subjection and left NOTHING that is not put under him. But not YET are all THINGS (powers, PEOPLE, entities) put under him.

He BECAME, for whom are all THINGS (PEOPLE, entities) and BY all THINGS bringing many sons unto glory. Then we see Jesus as captain of their (PEOPLE, entities) salvation. God MADE him perfect through sufferings. Death of the cross.

Hebrews1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

1:5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

1:6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

1:7And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

1:9Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

1:10And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Verse 1

God spoke to us through the man Jesus (manifested himself)

Whom he (GOD) APPOINTED heir of all things (powers people entities)

By whom (this is Jesus as first Adam) whom also he MADE the worlds.

WORLDS is used in both broad and narrow sense- WORLDS can be people or space, or inhabitants within the world (people/man).

Though first Adam died at 930, his germ life did not die. It lives on in every man and woman. First Adam was MADE with the ability and power to reproduce creatures, offspring like himself through his germ life. Spirits do not have this power to procreate themselves. God can MAKE flesh and spirits, but he cannot beget flesh, he can only beget the spirit of man. This is done when we are born again of the spirit of God.
If we make Jesus more than a man, such as God, then God would have to beget himself. Mary could not give birth to God because flesh begets flesh (man).

Verse 3

We see Last Adam (Jesus) as the express image of his person. I see Jesus is the IMAGE of God. Remember, first Adam was also MADE in the IMAGE of God.

Jesus SAT down on the right hand of Majesty when?

When he HAD by himself purged (past tense) our sins.
So I dont see Jesus on the right hand prior to the cross or at some earlier time.

Here we see Jesus (Last Adam) being MADE better than angels and Jesus by INHERITANCE obtained a more excellent name than angels.

In Verse 5
Where is the first biblical record we have where the father spoke and declared Jesus as his son?
The first record is at Jordan. “This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased.”

I see Jesus begotten of the spirit at Jordan as the first record of God declaring Jesus as his Son. Further evidence is when we see the spirit of God (Holy Ghost) descending upon him. Just before he enters the wilderness it reads “Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost…”

Verse 6 and 7

AGAIN- through repetition, God bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world (people or space) God said, LET (allow) all the angels to worship him.

God maketh angels spirits and ministers

Verse 8 and 9

God is speaking to Jesus.

I do not see two thrones here. I do not see two Gods here. What I see is the throne (authority) of God being manifested in and through Jesus. This throne given to Jesus is a SCEPTRE

"sceptre": 4464 rhabdos hrab'-dos from the base of 4474; a stick or wand (as a cudgel, a cane or a baton of royalty):--rod, sceptre, staff.

A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy Kingdom. We see Jesus in charge of Gods Kingdom.

Why?

Because Jesus loved righteousness and hated iniquity.
We have to keep in mind that God refers to Jesus as God, but he is not a separate God outside of the father. He is an image of the authority (throne) of God, so that we can see God.

Verse 10

Jesus is Lord, but I also see him in the beginning as First Adam laying a foundation FIRST of the earth (people) through multiplying and offspring. Second, The heavens (Kingdom of heaven and Kingdom of God) Last Adam through offspring in the spirit by the Spirit of God.

Remember, the plan of God is for man, not angels, not planets and solar systems.

‘Firstborn’ does not mean ‘first created’; the Greek for the latter is protoktisis, while firstborn is prototokos. In fact, the verses after Colossians 1:15 show that Christ Himself is the creator of all things.

I am seeing Jesus as the first CREATURE as in first man Adam, not necessarily the first created as in angels and planets.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

1:19For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

I do not see anything here about planets, elelments and solar systems. I see thrones, dominions and powers.

We see Jesus again, as the IMAGE of the invisible God. The firstborn of every creature.

Verse 18 declares Jesus firstborn from the dead. This is the firstborn in the resurection.

"creature":2937 ktisis ktis'-is from 2936; original formation (properly, the act; by implication, the thing, literally or figuratively):--building, creation, creature, ordinance.

2938 ktisma ktis'-mah from 2936; an original formation (concretely), i.e. product (created thing):--creature.

Firstborn4415 prototokia pro-tot-ok'-ee-ah from 4416; primogeniture (as a privilege):--birthright. 4416 prototokos pro-tot-ok'-os from 4413 and the alternate of 5088; first-born (usually as noun, literally or figuratively):--firstbegotten(-born).

The Firstborn was considered holy under Jewish law. I am not sure what you mean by firstborn

First Adam was the first original creature (man) firstborn through creation (man, earthly).

Last Adam was the first begotten (firstborn of the spirit, heavenly at Jordan)

Verse 18 declares also Jesus is firstborn from the dead. This is the firstborn in the resurrection.

For BY or THROUGH him (fist Adam) were all THINGS (people) created. This is through the generation and regeneration of Adams seed (earth- visible).

Think on this for a minute:

Without First Adam we have no fallen race for Jesus (Last Adam) to redeem and display the power of God.

Without First Adam we have no Mary for Last Adam to be made from.

Without First Adam we have no political powers or dominions in earth.

Today we have visible political powers and thrones beyond comprehension.

Adam was GIVEN dominion over the works of Gods hands. Dominion over the earth, the animals, the waters, the land.

BY him were all things created, in (heaven invisible). This is the throne and power and principality over the Kingdom of heaven and Kingdom of God. The key word here is BY.

It is clear that God created the solar system in Genises. We are now looking at the powers that go beyond the solar system and basic elements.

Without Last Adam (Jesus) we have no power of redemption.

Without Last Adam (Jesus) we have no Kingdom of God for Jesus to gather and present.

Last Adam (Jesus) was GIVEN a throne to rule over all nations.

Our Physical Flesh is a power (visible)
Our mind Thought is a power (invisible)

Verse 17

First Adam is before all THINGS (people) Adam was first.

Last Adam (Jesus) was before all things (people) in the Kingdom of God.

BY him all things consist. (introduce, approve, stand with)

"consist": 4921 sunistao soon-is-tah'-o, or (strengthened) sunistano soon-is-tan'-o, or sunistemi soon-is'-tay-mee from 4862 and 2476 (including its collateral forms); to set together, i.e. (by implication) to introduce (favorably), or (figuratively) to exhibit; intransitively, to stand near, or (figuratively) to constitute:--approve, commend, consist, make, stand (with).

Verse 18

Jesus is the head. The beginning of the church- That in ALL THINGS he may have the preeminence.

So (Last Adam) Jesus is not just preeminent as head of the spiritual body, (people) he is also preeminent as First Adam (people).

Remember- this is a plan within the work and wisdom of God. ALL things are of God.

But it pleased God (the Father) that in him (JESUS, Last Adam) should all fullness dwell.

God is interested in men, (the creature) not angels and galaxies

When God made the world (first Adam) it was all good. Adam was made without sin, because God does not make sin. God was content and at peace. It was after disobedience we see God angry and imposes a curse of death as he alienates himself from Adam and all of us.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

For whom he did foreknow (first Adam) he also predestinated to the image of his Son (JESUS, Last Adam)

Then we see Jesus as the firstborn among who?

the firstborn among many brethren. Jesus was a man just like us and we are his brothers. Jesus is like an older brother.

What Happened at the cross?
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

What else happened at Calvary?
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

What else happened?
PEACE and RECONCILATION

Peace and reconciliation is important to understand the purpose of the cross.

Col.1:20 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

When God made the world (first Adam) it was all good. Adam was made without sin, because God does not make sin. God was content. It was after disobedience we see God angry and imposes a curse of death upon Adam and all of Adams seed.

Religion puts Adam in the trash can, but I don’t believe God did. God loved Adam. That was his first creation of man. Adam was special. God gave Adam dominion over the earth. God made Adam SUBJECT to obedience in a commandment and through disobedience God made him subject to death. We see a peace that was disturbed.

God also subjected the creature to hope.

Through peace and reconciliation of a commandment, which was death to the cross.

Jesus MADE peace through the blood of the cross, obedient unto death. BY him (Jesus Last Adam) to reconcile all THINGS (people entities) unto himself.

I SAY- things in earth (mankind) or things in heaven (God)

Why is there a need for him to reconcile all things and make peace?

"reconcile": 604 apokatallasso ap-ok-at-al-las'-so from 575 and 2644; to reconcile fully:--reconcile. 1259 diallasso dee-al-las'-so from 1223 and 236; to change thoroughly, i.e. (mentally) to conciliate:--reconcile.

2132 eunoeo yoo-no-eh'-o from a compound of 2095 and 3563; to be well- minded, i.e. reconcile:--agree. 2644 katallasso kat-al-las'-so from 2596 and 236; to change mutually, i.e. (figuratively) to compound a difference:--reconcile.

"reconciliation": 2433 hilaskomai hil-as'-kom-ahee middle voice from the same as 2436; to conciliate, i.e. (transitively) to atone for (sin), or (intransitively) be propitious:--be merciful, make reconciliation for.

2643 katallage kat-al-lag-ay' from 2644; exchange (figuratively, adjustment), i.e. restoration to (the divine) favor:--atonement, reconciliation(-ing). 4900 sunelauno soon-el-ow'-no from 4862 and 1643; to drive together, i.e. (figuratively) exhort (to reconciliation):--+ set at one again.

Reconcile 2433 hilaskomai hil-as'-kom-ahee middle voice from the same as 2436; to conciliate, i.e. (transitively) to atone for (sin), or (intransitively) be propitious:--be merciful, make reconciliation for. 2435 hilasterion hil-as-tay'-ree-on neuter of a derivative of 2433; an expiatory (place or thing), i.e. (concretely) an atoning victim, or (specially) the lid of the Ark (in the Temple):--mercyseat, propitiation.

Reconciling 2644 katallasso kat-al-las'-so from 2596 and 236; to change mutually, i.e. (figuratively) to compound a difference:--reconcile.

Reconcile/ apokatallasso/ The stronger term for reconcile with the preposition apo, from- indicating the state to be left, and kata, toward the state to be sought after. It differs from katallaso, the setting up of peace not existing before, while apokatallasso is the restoration of peace that has been disturbed.

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

1:21And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled.

Eph. 2:16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

This enmity was the curse of death from the First Adam through disobedience. First Adam is the only one who could restore and make peace. His hope was that he would be made again as Last Adam and be obedient to death and break the curse of death and set us free.

If there was peace between God and First Adam, before he fell, then this term of reconcile fits the same individual. Jesus- Both first and last Adam

Reconciled/ katallasso/ To change mutually, to compound a difference. Used of the divine work of God, redemption. It establishes the relationship of peace with mankind which the demands of justice have hitherto prevented. It implies that gid has laid down or withdrawn wrath.

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

5:10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

5:11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

5:12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

5:13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

5:14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

5:15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

5:16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

5:17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

5:18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

5:19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

5:20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

5:21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

God is now able to reconcile us back to him through the death of the Last Adam.

The word reconcile here is to change mutually.

Reconciliation/ hilaskomai/ It provides the satisfaction demanded by Gods justice whereby the removal of sin is obtained KATALLASO however signifies not only the removal of the demands of justice but Jesus taking upon the amends or atonement and establishing a relationship of peace between God and man.

Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

2 Cor. 5:18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

5:19To wit, that God was IN Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God was IN Christ. I do not see this is just God in a human body. When God is IN a man, this the entire man, including the spirit of a man.

We see Jesus (last Adam) as a faithful and merciful high priest in THINGS pertaining to God. Reconcile here in Hebrews is the atonement bringing us into favor with God. The DEMAND for justice has been removed.

In 2 Corinthians we see God has reconciled us to himself BY/ THROUGH Jesus.

Due to obedience of the Last Adam, it allowed God to be IN Christ thus God is reconciling the WORLD (people) unto himself.

What we see at Calvary was also the demand for justice.
First man Adam making/made peace with God through obedience as the Last Adam, the man (Jesus Christ).
Thus being MADE perfect and becoming the Savior of the World (people).
God now communes with us through Jesus by placing his spirit IN us, during the age of grace and his wrath has been held back until final judgment.

Faithful Servant, these are some of my personal notes so you can kind of see where I am coming from. I dont ever put this much out at one time. It easy for me to say in a sentence Jesus is both the first man Adam and Last man Adam, but when you try to tie it all together it becomes perpetual and it takes YEARS.:)

First and Last Adam
Comparing spiritual with spiritual and flesh with flesh. (earthly with earthly).

1Cor.

15:45

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

15:46

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

15:47

The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

First Adam

First Adam was made a living soul, but not until after God breathed the breath of life into his nostrils.

Adam gets a bad rap but I like Adam. He is not such a bad guy.

Adam was the first. He was there in the beginning with God.

Got met with Adam and communed with him.

God walked with Adam and talked with him.

Adam was the beginning of man.

First Adam was given dominion over the works and creation of God. God brought the beasts and fowl to Adam and Adam named the living creatures. He named his wife Eve.

A city was named after Adam. 3:16

That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

God is our spiritual father eternal. Adam is our earthly father, after the flesh.

Everything God made was perfect and good, even Adam.

Adam knew no sin until after he disobeyed.

God made a commandment for Adam.

Through disobedience, death was the curse of disobedience.

Adam was not deceived in the commandment, yet he fell into it.

1 Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

2:14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

After disobedience, Sin and death entered into the world

The curse of death was passed on to all his children.

Romans 5:14

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

First Adam did not first, suffer a physical death from disobedience.

He suffered a spiritual death as God drove him out of the garden and from communion with God.

He suffered a physical death at 930 years of age.

First Adam was made subject to death by a carnal commandment.

He was also made subject to hope through the second Adam.

First Adam was without father or mother.

After the flesh, First Adam is the root of Daniel and Jesus (second Adam).

Through 42 generations of Adams seed, God creates another man made of a woman, from the womb of Mary.

42 generations of righteous seed.

Behold I come through the volume of the book it is written of me.

For him and through him (second Adam) were all things made.

Things include man.

All things are of God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Last Adam claims to be the first and the last. Last Adam claims to be the beginning of the creation of God.

It is through the Last Adam man is made spiritual.

Last Adam was the hope.

Concerning the flesh and death and corruption

First Adams flesh saw corruption at 930 years of age.

Last Adams flesh did not see corruption.

First Adam died from disobedience to a commandment.

Last Adam died through obedience to a commandment, death of the cross.

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Romans 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

hath- no more- dominion- over him

This suggests at some time previous to the resurrection, death had dominion over the Last Adam.

Last Adam died unto sin once.

First Adam- The curse of sin (disobedience) is death. Death had dominion over him.

Last Adam broke the curse by dying unto sin once. In that he liveth unto God.

Both Adams appear to have had been dominated by death.

Death could never have dominion over God, at any time.

Acts 13:

13:30But God raised him from the dead:

13:31And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

13:32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,

13:33God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

13:36For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

13:37But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

now no more to return to corruption

now- no more- to return- to corruption

Last Adams flesh did not see corruption.

Now no more to return to, suggests he saw corruption (flesh) somewhere before.

First Adam saw corruption.

The potter and the clay

Jeremiah 181 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope.

This was the creatures (ADAM) hope, that he would be made again as Last Adam in the body of Jesus Christ.

The potter made it again another vessel

God made two vessels made of clay.

The first Vessel was marred.

God made the first Adams flesh, from dust

The Last Adam was made from flesh - from the womb of a woman.

Both vessels originally came from clay (dust).

Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

In the Garden

First Adam was placed and found in a Garden.

First Adam was driven out of a Garden.

First Adam was sent out to til the land, thorns and thistles.

Last Adam was found in a Garden many times.

Praying and he was arrested in a Garden.

Last Adam suffered physical death near a Garden.

Last Adam was supposed by Mary Magdalene to be the gardener.

Last Adam wore a crown of thorns.

Time

First Adam was made a man from dust. What age is considered a man?

God breathed into his nostrils and man became a living soul.

First Adam would not know the years of childhood and learning.

Last Adam was made an infant from a flesh birth.

Last Adam knew the years of childhood to adulthood.

Last Adam died at the age of a man as supposed between 30 and 40.

930 and 33, with years in the balance, is a millennium.

Before the world was

John 17:5

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

2889 kosmos kos'-mos probably from the base of 2865; orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration; by implication, the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively (morally)):--adorning, world.

World can include the inhabitants within.

World can also include people.

First Adam would also have known the Father in some type of glory, before the world was. Before there were any other inhabitants (people).

4b
I am sorry about that, I could not get it all in one page:)

Last Adam

15:21

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

15:22

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

15:23

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

15:24

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Note: here we see Jesus giving the authority, rule and power back to God from whom it first came.

15:25

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

15:26

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

15:27

For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

15:28

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Note: Here you see the man Jesus himself (Son) becoming subject to God. WHY?
that God may be ALL in ALL.

The last Adam was made a quickening spirit, after he died and was buried and was resurrected.

The last Adam (son of God) delivers the Kingdom to God, puts down his rule and authority that God gave to him. The curse of death is destroyed.

The enemy is defeated. The last Adam is manifested as God as The express image of the invisible God.

The last Adam (Jesus) shall also be subject unto God who put all things (THINGS include man) under his feet that God may be all in all.

First Adam is called Son of God in the flesh lineage in.

Last Adam is called Son of God after the spirit.

Both Adams are given this title with exact types and similarities.

Ephesians 3:3

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

3:4

Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

3:5

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Revelations 13:8, 17:8

The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Foundation, founding, conception, conceive

Conception, fall. Descend of the world. (people)

First Adam was the foundation of the world. (people)

Last Adam is the chief cornerstone of Gods building.

The tabernacle of God is with men.

Out of the second (LAST) Adam, comes spiritual Eve.

The body and bride of Christ.

The first man is carnal, the second man is a quickening spirit.

Do we resemble both the first and last Adam?

Are we not the same man? first carnal, then spiritual.

I got the impression of what Charles DaCosta said that God is omi-present. He is everything, the whole world. Wait.....but didn't he create the world? Then that means he created himself. Hes like a growing organism. Dying and then reproducing. That sounds odd God reproducing.
Anyway thats opened lots of odd questions for me.
I'm going to have to go away and think about it.

Kasper in a way you might just be right. How's this? It is said God created the seen from the unseen, the visible from the invisible. If nothing exsited except God before creation and it said God is The father of Lights.Light being visible is engery invisible So God being light (engery) then He created everything from with in His Self. Think about this? The big bang theory is based on nothing but awhle lot of energy blowing up making the universe. I don't believe it just happen that way. Maby the big bang was part of God's plan to set up the universe.

Darren

I have been reading through the posts on Jesus not God – 2 and find it getting rather long and confusing, so I decided to start 3.

Bellow I have copied something that I was sent some time ago. I hope it does not offend any one. It is what some would class as a light hearted look at one aspect of the Trinity.

In my personal experience with discussing the Trinity, I have noticed 2 distinct versions of the doctrine. The first explanation of the Trinity I came across was where it is felt that Jesus actually is God so that every time some one talks about God they are referring to Jesus and the other where Jesus is said to be a distinct person but part of a “committee” of 3 that make up a “Godhead” where Jesus is separate, the Father is separate and the Holy Spirit is separate but act as one, and all three are equal in age bur not necessarily equal in knowledge.

This particular piece is directed at those that believe that Jesus is actually and the Holly Ghost is actually God and the Father is actually God. I am copying this as I received it.

THE TRINITY - A MYSTERY

Those that teach the doctrine of the trinity claim that it is a mystery. They claim that the father is God, the Son is god, and the Holy Spirit is God. How can they be three separate persons, yet not three persons; is something they can not explain, yet they insist that any who want to be saved must accept by faith, because this is a mystery beyond our comprehension.

Could this be the reason why they label it a mystery?

Luke 1

; 36 say Mary and Elizabeth are relatives, in fact first cousins, and that John the Baptist is six months older then Jesus. This makes John and Jesus second cousins.

Luke 3:23 says Jesus was 30 tears old when he was baptized by John – and here is where the mystery begins.

The Trinity claims Jesus is God. This immediately makes John the Baptist God’s second cousin and makes John six months older then God. Therefore ma must have been on earth many thousand of years before God was born.

This is ridicules but it gets even better when you read Luke 3:21 & 22. John had the unspeakable privilege of baptizing his Creator, who was his second cousin, but remembers John was six months old – before his Creator was born.

The Trinity teaches that the Holy Spirit is also God. So now while John is standing there in the water – he sees God come down from heaven and sit his (that is Jesus’s) own head. That is not all. John now gets a good look at God. God is either a dove sitting on top of what looks like a man (the second cousin of John called Jesus) or, was it God (the one being baptized by John) having the dove sit upon him?

Then to his amazement John discovers that this God-dove-man is also a ventriloquist. While John stands there in disbelief, God tells a deliberate lie to the people who are watching. Obviously God doesn’t want people to know that he really is God, so he throws his voice to make it appear like someone else in heave is speaking and says “This is My Beloved Son in whom I am Well Pleased”

This is truly amazing. No wonder Trinitarians call it a Mystery and leave it at that

I hope it did not offend any one in the cynical way that it was written. When I first read it I laughed because to me it shows how silly the trinity idea is. At any rate at least it might make give some food for thought.

Ben57 before Jesus died he told His disciples that when He returned to His Father that They would be sent a comforter The Holy Spirit. I could get into this but no. The reason the disciples had to wait until Jesus returned to His Father before the Holy Spirit was sent to them. The Holy Spirit is the power of God (Jesus). Trinitarians call it a mystery and leave it at that is because the Holy Spirit is not a 3rd person. It is another one of many man made doctrins. I could send you to a web site about all the man made doctrins but I don't know how yall look upon that stuff.

Darren

Dear Ben

St Jerome's Letter 15 He talks about the Godhead.

"Let us be satisfied to speak of one substance of three subsisting persons - perfect, equal and coeternal. Three elements of the GODhead, three elements, three natures, three hypostases and he asks to keep just one hypostases."

and it is written that Jesus said 'did I not tell you that Ye are GODs?'

So my view is that that Christ is in all of us, a seed, a divine spark that can grow and grow until it is all encompassing.......and Paul said Christ is within you and Jesus said 'the kingdom of GOD is within you'.

So Jesus carried the Cosmic Christ within him in the same way as we do too!

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Sacredstar, What bible is st. jerome in? I looked through scripture and could not find jerome. The cosmic christ as you call it could be the Holy Spirit that is throught out the universe. The Holy Spirit being the Power of God Himself not a third person.

Darren

The Holy Spirit being the Power of God Himself not a third person.

Darren

What​
Is the Holy Spirit?

In the Bible, God’s holy spirit is identified as God’s power in action.

Hence, an accurate translation of the Bible’s Hebrew text refers to God’s spirit as "God’s active force." (Genesis 1:2)

This concept is well supported throughout the Bible.—Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35; Acts 10:38.​

What​
Is the Holy Spirit?

In the Bible, God’s holy spirit is identified as God’s power in action.

Hence, an accurate translation of the Bible’s Hebrew text refers to God’s spirit as "God’s active force." (Genesis 1:2)

This concept is well supported throughout the Bible.—Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35; Acts 10:38.
May the "force" be with you. In the mean time, I'll bask in the Holy Spirit, daily.

Back