question, not feedback

etsijä

Reaction score
why are my posts suddenly moderated? When I just posted in the introduction, my post came up right away, but then in the alternative- part I got the message the moderator has to approve it?

The site has had problems with bots and the like, Brian set up those random moderator checks for new users, it should only affect you during your first 10 posts or so. You should know what there aren't a lot of moderators around so it could be a while before Brian shows up and approves your posts. Might be worth posting again?

oh, okay, thank you for answering. I just worried I had upset someone somehow.. I posted it two times, because I did not pay attention the first time to why my message did not show up, but the second time I did, so I wonder is there any point trying a third.. It's not like it's the most important message ever, I can wait :) ...and I wrote a long post, I don't have the energy to write it twice... At least not yet. If my post doesn't show up, maybe in a couple of days I'll give it a new try :)

Should be fine now -the filters should no longer apply. :)

OK. I am having this issue too. I made a post over on the Eastern Philosophy section.
It's about the Indus Valley civilization. May I please ask the moderators to approve it?

OK. I am having this issue too. I made a post over on the Eastern Philosophy section.
It's about the Indus Valley civilization. May I please ask the moderators to approve it?
I think the problem might be that I was including links in my posts. It seems that any post with links demands Moderator approval?

I think the problem might be that I was including links in my posts. It seems that any post with links demands Moderator approval?
Yes thus is true.... To eliminate/reduce spammers the system has a post count and length of time which is designed to separate those interested in discussion and the bots.

Reactions: Rak
Back