Is this a good time to mention the new Kalif?

The Adept

Reaction score
The silence here as elsewhere is suspicious.

'The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has declared the establishment of an Islamic state in the areas it controls and demanded allegiance from other Muslim groups worldwide.
The Sunni militant group proclaimed its leader, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, as "caliph" - the head of the state, and said the "caliphate" stretched from Aleppo in Syria to Diyala in Iraq. ...'
ISIS Insurgents Declare New Islamic State

Looks like youtube took down the video so we are kept in the dark ages.

I am sure the new Caliph is a strange thing?

It is one of the things that Cheney predicted would happen if we took out Sadam Hussein....Syria would annex a portion of Iraq. It is one thing to announce it, it is another to defend it. It is one thing to capture and occupy an area, quite another to hold it.

I don't know how it is we forget that when you take out a gov't you leave a void....and it takes a lot of people moving for the common good to create a democracy or constitutional republic. It doesn't take long for a military to move in, or neighboring forces....this will be going on for quite a while, please frequent the concession stands....

not sure if the new 'caliphate' is valid; there needs to be a general consensus of worldwide top Muslim Scholars if a caliph is to be valid I think

It is one of the things that Cheney predicted would happen if we took out Sadam Hussein....Syria would annex a portion of Iraq. It is one thing to announce it, it is another to defend it. It is one thing to capture and occupy an area, quite another to hold it.

I don't know how it is we forget that when you take out a gov't you leave a void....

It is also a dark version of the Biden Plan; with Iraq (and Syria) both being 3 countries. At least the Kurds should now get their nation back or a part of it.

ISIS are working with the USA to divide Iraq into 3 parts with the US supported Kurds keeping the oil rich part.

ISIS is also being used to topple Assad.

You will be hard pressed to find any Muslims supporting them. Al Azhar the seat of learning for Islam around the world has publicly washed their hands of them and called them terrorists that do not represent Islam

ISIS are working with the USA to divide Iraq into 3 parts with the US supported Kurds keeping the oil rich part.

ISIS is also being used to topple Assad.

You will be hard pressed to find any Muslims supporting them. Al Azhar the seat of learning for Islam around the world has publicly washed their hands of them and called them terrorists that do not represent Islam

Working against, perhaps?

They were being helped to topple Assad; McCain met with the Caliph back in Syria, but these salafist jihadists are no puppets and were not there as US-Army Aux grunts.

Back