Next wednesday July 9th a Baha'i Holy Day

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
Next week Baha'is around the world observe a Holy Day which is the anniversary of the Martyrdom of the Bab (the Gate) in Tabriz, Iran in 1850 CE.

A regiment of soldiers fired muskit rifles at the Bab and his companion in a barracks square.

There was a trial preceding the execution. and to give you an idea of it I've attached a transscript or references here:

Trial of the Báb

I appreciate the regular information on Bahai History and Holy days that you post...

I don't respond, but I do often check it out and read with interest.

Muskets made in Tabriz!

I did a little search on muskets used in Qajar dynasty and found something I hadn't known before... aside from a correct spelling of "musket"!..

When the Bab was executed on July 9th 1850 in the barracks square in Tabriz it's likely the Muskets used were manufactured in Tabriz and modeled after a French design!

The French officers were at Tabriz for about 14 months.During that time Verdier equipped and trained three regiments of infantry, between 4,000 and 6,000 men.These soldiers (sing. sarbāz) were armed with muskets made in Tabriz on the French model, and clothed in uniforms also on the French model but including a typical Persian black sheepskin hat (telpek; see CLOTHING Xxvi. clothing and jewelry of the Turkmen).

Professor Stephanie Cronin: Armies of Qajar Iran | Kaveh Farrokh

Back