Cats

This is me:
to-take-them-i-cant-believe-she-said-l-cant-have-more-than-twenty-two-cute-kittens-looking-sad

Uh-oh!
mine-now-caracal-big-cat-wearing-a-collar-sitting-on-a-desk-blocking-a-computer-monitor-and-keyboard

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: RJM
Hi Phyllis —
When we invent father-than-light travel, you really need to book a trip to a planet called Saudade – there's a rift in the space-time continuum called the Kefahuchi Tract. On Saudade, part of the tract has 'fallen' onto the planet, creating an 'event zone' within which none of the rules of physics hold sway, or rather a place where impossible physics rules. If you've seen Tarkovsky's Stalker think of the Zone, or read its inspiration Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatski, you'll know it.

Either way, on Saudade, at dawn and dusk, there is a tide of cats that sweep into or out of the event site, black cats, white cats (never tabbies or gingers) ... thousands of cats, swift, silent, relentless ...

You'd be Queen of Saudade!

(Saudade features in Book 2 of M John Harrison's 'Kefahuchi Tract' trilogy – Light, Nova Swing and Empty Space – MJH is my all-time favourite author)

Back