Discussion on Reincarnation

I think it's the fact that not everyone goes everywhere on this forum, it was posted under Comparative Studies (who even goes there?) so if your only interested in eastern religion you might have missed it.

there is an interfaith contemplation on reincarnation started in the comparative religion/theology forum

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/another-new-paradigm-17503.html
Before you attach the reincarnation subject you need to learn about the parallel universe. Why? Because all living beings are subject to the reincarnation cycles, a life here on earth/death/passage over to the parallel universe/passage back to earth.

My understanding of this was that we only spend a limited time in the Astral before we move on and/or reincarnate. You call this a parallel universe but that is just semantics. The Tibetans call the Astral (Devachan) and it is believed that we move on from there after some period where we work out some ego/attachment issues. I think we reincarnate from some higher realm/dimension.
Before you attach the reincarnation subject you need to learn about the parallel universe. Why? Because all living beings are subject to the reincarnation cycles, a life here on earth/death/passage over to the parallel universe/passage back to earth.

I don't do Tibetan hocus-pocus. Would you mind defining higher realm/dimension for us?
Thanks

download.png
Asking for "definitions" in occult matters are rather funny. Everybody has some idea or notion. The devil is in the detail...having said that there is a notion that Astral itself has a lower and higher aspect. I happen to subscribe to this. The lower astral is not the ultimate destination, I think.
I don't do Tibetan hocus-pocus. Would you mind defining higher realm/dimension for us?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
"The lower astral is not the ultimate destination..."

--> I agree. We will eventually gain full consciousness on the astral plane, then the mental plane, then the buddhic plane, etc. But all of these "planes" are only temporary steps on a journey to even higher levels of consciousness. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
And to think it used to have such a positive aura to it. My children would laugh at the silliness of my poor attempts at magic.

My understanding of this was that we only spend a limited time in the Astral before we move on and/or reincarnate. You call this a parallel universe but that is just semantics. The Tibetans call the Astral (Devachan) and it is believed that we move on from there after some period where we work out some ego/attachment issues. I think we reincarnate from some higher realm/dimension.
Our family may or may not be the same as our astral family. When I first began to receive telepathic communications I had no idea where they were coming from. They were not mystical, were not threatening but they did get my attention. That was way back in the early 1970. When something arouses my interest I usually research it. I did it with telepathy, kept a diary, read a lot, and within ten years I had a body of work that to me appeared logical, explained the astral, defined telepathy as the universal means of communication and defined its speed. In time I was able to identify the telepathic callers who are now in the astral. A large number of people who for one reason or other achieved fame while on earth spoke about their lives here and now there. People like Jesus, Gandhi, Mohammed, Hitler, Moses, etc... Each spoke of his/her subsequent lives on earth and from this I was able to deduce that we usually come to earth once in a thousand years, the other time we live over there.

Back