Probably our most devout President in my lifetime....

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html

my decision to sever my ties with the Southern Baptist Convention, after six decades, was painful and difficult. It was, however, an unavoidable decision when the convention's leaders, quoting a few carefully selected Bible verses and claiming that Eve was created second to Adam and was responsible for original sin, ordained that women must be "subservient" to their husbands and prohibited from serving as deacons, pastors or chaplains in the military service.

Does the decision Brother Jimmy made not require "cherry picking"? He is still a Baptist. I'm just sayin...

I don't believe he ever disrespected them..... he just eventually tired of his religion doing so.

Sorry about that. A case of thinking one thing and typing another. I meant to say, I wonder if the church leaders ever stopped to think.... were it not for women, they wouldn't even be here to disrespect them.

I always liked Carter as a person, but not as a president. He was an engineer and a terrible decision maker, in many policy decisions. A great human being thou....

Back