Mankind were one community..

K

Kalalah007

Mankind were one community, and Allah sent (unto them) prophets as bearers of good tidings and as warners, and revealed therewith the Scripture with the truth that it might judge between mankind concerning that wherein they differed. And only those unto whom (the Scripture) was given differed concerning it, after clear proofs had come unto them, through hatred one of another. And Allah by His Will guided those who believe unto the truth of that concerning which they differed. Allah guideth whom He will unto a straight path.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #213)

All prophets brought the same religion (dien)..not judaism, christianity or "islam".. The real "islamic" system to unite mankind to one community..therefore do not make divisions / split up..

The same religion (dien) has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him).
( سورة الشورى , Ash-Shura, Chapter #42, Verse #13)

This is the standard religion...do not become musyrikun / pagans (those who join gods with Allah -who split up their religion)

30 So set thou thy face steadily and truly to the Faith: (establish) Allah's handiwork according to the pattern on which He has made mankind: no change (let there be) in the work (wrought) by Allah: that is the standard Religion: but most among mankind understand not.

31 Turn ye back in repentance to Him, and fear Him: establish regular prayers, and be not ye among those who join gods with Allah,-

32 Those who split up their Religion, and become (mere) Sects
,- each party rejoicing in that which is with itself!
( سورة الروم , Ar-Room, Chapter #30, Verse #30)

Those musyrikun /pagans are unclean..their minds also unclean because they like to split up their religion and believe in many faith (religion other than standard religion, madhhab, sect, political party,)

O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, for Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.
( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #28)

So follow the standard religion. the religion of prophets and your forefather Abraham..truly he was not of the musyrikun / pagans - who split up from standard religion..

Say: "Allah speaketh the Truth: follow the religion of Abraham, the sane in faith; he was not of the Pagans."
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #95)

SO NOW, ARE WE THE FOLLOWER OF THE PROPHETS (THE STANDARD RELIGION) OR BECOME MERE SECTS?????????

Mankind were one community, and Allah sent (unto them) prophets as bearers of good tidings and as warners, and revealed therewith the Scripture with the truth that it might judge between mankind concerning that wherein they differed. And only those unto whom (the Scripture) was given differed concerning it, after clear proofs had come unto them, through hatred one of another. And Allah by His Will guided those who believe unto the truth of that concerning which they differed. Allah guideth whom He will unto a straight path.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #213)

All prophets brought the same religion (dien)..not judaism, christianity or "islam".. The real "islamic" system to unite mankind to one community..therefore do not make divisions / split up..

The same religion (dien) has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him).
( سورة الشورى , Ash-Shura, Chapter #42, Verse #13)

This is the standard religion...do not become musyrikun / pagans (those who join gods with Allah -who split up their religion)

30 So set thou thy face steadily and truly to the Faith: (establish) Allah's handiwork according to the pattern on which He has made mankind: no change (let there be) in the work (wrought) by Allah: that is the standard Religion: but most among mankind understand not.

31 Turn ye back in repentance to Him, and fear Him: establish regular prayers, and be not ye among those who join gods with Allah,-

32 Those who split up their Religion, and become (mere) Sects
,- each party rejoicing in that which is with itself!
( سورة الروم , Ar-Room, Chapter #30, Verse #30)

Those musyrikun /pagans are unclean..their minds also unclean because they like to split up their religion and believe in many faith (religion other than standard religion, madhhab, sect, political party,)

O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, for Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.
( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #28)

So follow the standard religion. the religion of prophets and your forefather Abraham..truly he was not of the musyrikun / pagans - who split up from standard religion..

Say: "Allah speaketh the Truth: follow the religion of Abraham, the sane in faith; he was not of the Pagans."
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #95)

SO NOW, ARE WE THE FOLLOWER OF THE PROPHETS (THE STANDARD RELIGION) OR BECOME MERE SECTS?????????

Its in the heart and having faith in what god is and what he really does. Jesus was a good example of this, his actions.

so follow the standard religion the same religion established upon all the prophets...do not become mere sects and follow sectarian agendas...

Obviously this excludes religions without prophets, so we can't be of that one community. I often wonder if we're seen as human at all, form that POV. Certainly we're unclean. That part is quite evident.

One community of Islam....I suppose... however they deny any modern prophets after Muhammed, just as Jews deny that anything can be added to the Torah and Christians deny anything can be added to the bible...

and all of them will be arguing about which sect/denomination has it right ....

standard religion of all the prophets?
yes, he is referring to the religion as it was brought to all the prophets (same religion) (PBUTA)

Obviously this excludes religions without prophets, so we can't be of that one community. I often wonder if we're seen as human at all, form that POV. Certainly we're unclean. That part is quite evident.
The prophets referred to usually coincides with Abrahamic Prophets (PBUTA), however it is told in the Quran there were thousands of prophets, yet in using Biblical and Quranic sources there are maybe a couple hundred. Many scholars believe that pieces were sent to the originators of all religions and that over time their messages were corrupted (either intentionally or unintentionally). This explains why there is so much commonality between Islam as prescribed in Quran and the basis of most religions. I'm not a big fan of his Christian-Islam analysis, but Zakir Naik has been quite successful in Hindu cultures of providing evidence of the likenesses for many to drop their dislike (stemming from many years of Indo-Paki fighting), and also Converting/reverting many. He usually refers to Vedas, but is commonly referring to other books if Hinduism also.

One community of Islam....I suppose... however they deny any modern prophets after Muhammed, just as Jews deny that anything can be added to the Torah and Christians deny anything can be added to the bible...

and all of them will be arguing about which sect/denomination has it right ....
He is referred to in the Quran as the LAST AND FINAL MESSENGER, why would we assume there to be another. Judaism of Torah, and Christianity taught by Jesus is the same as Islam. There are a few words that have been mistaken from their recording (in our opinion). We also allow for other religions as long as they follow it. Islam itself is not to be divided. And those who have been misguided into Christianity and continued in Judaism will be corrected on the Day of Judgement

2006_July_4

but Zakir Naik has been quite successful in Hindu cultures of providing evidence of the likenesses for many to drop their dislike (stemming from many years of Indo-Paki fighting), and also Converting/reverting many. He usually refers to Vedas, but is commonly referring to other books if Hinduism also.

Mr Naik may garner some respect from the Islamic POV, but from most Hindus POV, that definitely isn't the case. 'Controversial' is an understatement.But since this isn't my section, I'll withdraw. For those who are unfamiliae with Mr. Naik's work, here's the wiki link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakir_Naik

standard religion is a universal system - system of life (to civilized human beings according to the rules of the creator of the universe)
submitting (prostrating/bowing) to the will of the creator as other living things...

Whatever beings there are in the heavens and the earth do (submit) prostrate themselves to Allah (Acknowledging subjection),- with good-will or in spite of themselves: so do their shadows in the morning and evenings. (Ar Rad 15)

Behold! his Lord said to him (Abraham/Ibrahim / Brahma) : "Bow (thy will to Me):" He said: "I bow (my will) to the Lord and Cherisher of the Universe."
(Al Baqara 131)

either we submit to the god system (standard religion) or we reject (kufr) than we belong to the other system called (sytem of devil)
This 2 system were created in pairs to test human...

Glory to Allah, Who created in pairs all things that the earth produces, as well as their own (human) kind and (other) things of which they have no knowledge. (Yaseen 36)

If a wound (and killing) has touched you, be sure a similar wound (and killing) has touched the others. And so are the days (good and not so good), We give to men by turns, that Allah may test those who believe, and that He may take martyrs from among you. And Allah likes not the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers). (Ali Imraan 140)

So the 2 system will be alternating like of day and night....

Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,-
(Ali Imraan 190)

When daylight -it is of god system (the day is how long in which every prophet who brought god system rule the world)
When night - it is of devil system (the night is how long in which once after the prophet die the god system descend back into darkness - devil system)

Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever).
(Al Baqara 257)

this 2 system never live or die together...each has its timeframe (orbit)

It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to Law).
(Ya Seen 40)

When the day GOD SYSTEM (Religion/ dien) WINS, the darkness automatically dies..there will be no hope for darkness to return unless according to the timeframe...thats why in this below verse "this day those who reject faith have given up all hope of your system"

This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion (dien/system): yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.(AL Maeda 3)

perfected your religion - the system has winning totally (light at its best, no hope darkness coming back)

thats it for now.....

Now do you believe?

Mr Naik may garner some respect from the Islamic POV, but from most Hindus POV, that definitely isn't the case. 'Controversial' is an understatement.But since this isn't my section, I'll withdraw. For those who are unfamiliae with Mr. Naik's work, here's the wiki link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakir_Naik
As I said I don't agree with his Christian-Islamic comparisons, and most of what I've seen until now was positive from the Hindu (or at least Indian) POV. If you say he is not, I can completely understand. (BTW, Like him or not, he is a Dr. and his title should be reflective of that rather than Mr, whether you support him personally or not.) I do not even agree with his Islamic interpretations either, but as I said I had read many places he was well recieved (maybe not from a conversionist standpoint...)

Wil, your point of divisions is only really valid that so many people have tried to corrupt it. There are many schools of understanding, These do not mean the religion is different. The divisions usually stem from someone not obeying commandments of the Quran and wanting to abrogate them with manipulated Hadith. If one accepts there is 1 God, Submits to that God's will, accepts the prophets sent before mentioned in the Quran, and accepts that Mouhammed is his last and final messenger they are Muslim. The differences after that come down to schools. Sadly many have manipulated even those.

Kalala, Brother I appreciate your attempt at Dawah. This is not the place nor an effective technique. People tend to see verses thrown in their face as more of a put off rather than a revelation of signs and proofs. I would suggest speaking to people directly in person. Attempt to find common ground and move forward. Remember there is no compulsion in belief, therefore you cannot force anyone to hear the message and that is Allah's will alone that will allow that.

Indeed, he is a medical doctor. Sorry for the oversight. But seriously, I would suggest you do some more research. Anyone who gets banned for entering countries like UK is highly suspicious, in my book. On other more Hindu-based forums where I participate, I can tell you he garners no respect. He's in the business of Dawah (I just leaned that word from the above post) and his 'research' is shoddy at best, and plagiarism at worst. So I won't be convinced anything soon. I think local imams, sensible to true interfaith, would make far better spokespersons. In fact, you're a far better spokesperson.

Back