Judaism not a bloodline thing.

A

Ansel Thompson

Words are old and people use them for personal interests but they have their true meanings. Judah means judge and the central figure of Judaism is the Messiah, the Chief Judge. Judaism is based on judgement and not blood, a class of judicial persons, not a bloodline. The fact that Jacob gave the name to one son doesn't mean that the Chief Judge will come from that bloodline.

Words are old and people use them for personal interests but they have their true meanings. Judah means judge and the central figure of Judaism is the Messiah, the Chief Judge. Judaism is based on judgement and not blood, a class of judicial persons, not a bloodline. The fact that Jacob gave the name to one son doesn't mean that the Chief Judge will come from that bloodline.

Can you show how you arrived at the word 'Judge'? I've never seen that explanation before.

Here is the origin of the word Judah, according to the Jews:
The words Jew (Yehudi in Hebrew) and Judaism (Yahadut) come from the name Judah, or Yehuda as it is pronounced in Hebrew. Yehuda was one the 12 tribes that descended from our forefather Yaakov. Understanding who Yehuda was and what he represented provides us with the key to comprehending the name Jew and understanding who we really are.
The word Yehuda comes from the Hebrew word lehodot, which means to thank. Indeed, upon his birth, Leah, Yehuda's mother, exclaimed "hapaam odeh et Hashem," this time I thank God. Feelings of gratitude characterized Yehuda's birth. The commonly used wordtodah, meaning "thank you," stems from the same root.
full text at http://www.aish.com/sp/ph/48955566.html

Last edited:
I can not see how the word Jew comes from Judah, I see Judah coming from Ju , I see judicial coming from Ju and judge coming from Ju. It is my piont of view that the word Jew is not a correct name for those who belong to Judaism and was incorrectly applied by Jacobites when they wrongly started to ethnicities Judaism, starting with Jacob naming his son Judah.
I see Judaism existing before Jacob.
Abraham learned of the Messiah the man at the center of Judaism from the Canaanites and it is to their theology and culture that I would look for understanding of the word Judah and Judaism.
The Jews cannot judge their own case, I invite honest linguistics experts and theologians to contribute to the discussion.

I can not see how the word Jew comes from Judah, I see Judah coming from Ju , I see judicial coming from Ju and judge coming from Ju. It is my piont of view that the word Jew is not a correct name for those who belong to Judaism and was incorrectly applied by Jacobites when they wrongly started to ethnicities Judaism, starting with Jacob naming his son Judah.
I see Judaism existing before Jacob.
Abraham learned of the Messiah the man at the center of Judaism from the Canaanites and it is to their theology and culture that I would look for understanding of the word Judah and Judaism.
The Jews cannot judge their own case, I invite honest linguistics experts and theologians to contribute to the discussion.

OK, so the Jew(s) that wrote the above cannot be linguistic expert(s) in their own language.
I suggest you learn Hebrew for yourself and check it out, since you believe that "The Jews cannot judge their own case".

Now can you answer my the question I posted, which was the main reason I posted.
"Can you show how you arrived at the word 'Judge'? I've never seen that explanation before."

The Jews cannot judge themselves because they will always say they are right, hence the need for independent judges and I am not interested in studying the word Judaism in the Hebrew language but in the language where the concept of the Messiah cames from, Canaanianite.
It is quite easy to arrive at the word judge as it is clear to see that Ju-dah comes from the word Ju and not Jews from Judah since there is no cohesion between the word Judah and Jew but there is perfect cohesion between Ju and Judah. It is also clear that the words judge and judicial come from the word Ju. So it is clear to me that the root word here is ju and not Judah, judge and judicial are it's branches and they all fit into the concept and context of Judaism, not Jewdahism, and the Messiah in it as Chief Judge.
Take some time and go over what I am showing you and it will become clear that their is a problem with Jew coming from Judah and none with Judah and judge coming from Ju.
My point is that it is clearly logical that the root word is Ju not Judah and judge comes from the word Ju.

Judge has root not Hebrew...
The problem is Hebrew is not the principal language of the Messianic faith and in order to understand the faith there is a need to study it from it's original language to see what it's root words are and to see what is the right name for the faith to be called.
Abraham paid tribute, it is said, to the Messiah in a Canaanite faith and that is the root of the faith.

So you are referring to ancient Canaanite? You speak that language and are claiming Judah, ju and judge come from that language?

When did they invent the J?

Can you provide any source for review?

This seem sort if like when a friend was trying to prove to me Genesis came from gen and Isis until showed him how that word sounded in Hebrew...

I see Judah coming from Ju
Nope, from the Hebrew, as stated above. You might want to check the facts before assuming that everyone spoke English!

I see judicial coming from Ju and judge coming from Ju.
Just goes to show how mistaken we can be! The words are a compound, from the Latin iustus: "upright, righteous, equitable; in accordance with law, lawful; true, proper; perfect, complete," and the verb dicare "to speak".

So the words just, justice, judge, judicial etc., are a later European development of the Latin, a rough meaning being 'one who speaks justly'

Abraham learned of the Messiah the man at the center of Judaism from the Canaanites...
I'd like to see your evidence for that.

As I understand it, Abraham never mentioned a Messiah, that came later.

The word meshiha comes not from the Canaanite, but from the other root, the Aramaic.

The Jews cannot judge themselves because they will always say they are right, hence the need for independent judges and I am not interested in studying the word Judaism in the Hebrew language but in the language where the concept of the Messiah cames from, Canaanianite.
It is quite easy to arrive at the word judge as it is clear to see that Ju-dah comes from the word Ju and not Jews from Judah since there is no cohesion between the word Judah and Jew but there is perfect cohesion between Ju and Judah. It is also clear that the words judge and judicial come from the word Ju. So it is clear to me that the root word here is ju and not Judah, judge and judicial are it's branches and they all fit into the concept and context of Judaism, not Jewdahism, and the Messiah in it as Chief Judge.
Take some time and go over what I am showing you and it will become clear that their is a problem with Jew coming from Judah and none with Judah and judge coming from Ju.
My point is that it is clearly logical that the root word is Ju not Judah and judge comes from the word Ju.
How many languages do you speak? I ask because it looks like you are making the mistake a person who only understand one language would make.

So you are referring to ancient Canaanite? You speak that language and are claiming Judah, ju and judge come from that language?

When did they invent the J?

Can you provide any source for review?

This seem sort if like when a friend was trying to prove to me Genesis came from gen and Isis until showed him how that word sounded in Hebrew...
My interest here is what was the Messianic faith called by the Canaanite because if their language had no j then Judaism is not the name of the Messianic faith because the Hebrews adopted the faith from them, what did they call it?

My interest here is what was the Messianic faith called by the Canaanite because if their language had no j then Judaism is not the name of the Messianic faith because the Hebrews adopted the faith from them, what did they call it?
I did not say that the word Ju came from Canaan, I said the concept of the Messianic faith came from them. It is the concept that is important and will decide what the word will be in each language. What is the right name for people of the Messianic faith, based on concept?

Nope, from the Hebrew, as stated above. You might want to check the facts before assuming that everyone spoke English!

Just goes to show how mistaken we can be! The words are a compound, from the Latin iustus: "upright, righteous, equitable; in accordance with law, lawful; true, proper; perfect, complete," and the verb dicare "to speak".

So the words just, justice, judge, judicial etc., are a later European development of the Latin, a rough meaning being 'one who speaks justly'

I'd like to see your evidence for that.

As I understand it, Abraham never mentioned a Messiah, that came later.

The word meshiha comes not from the Canaanite, but from the other root, the Aramaic.
Abraham paid tribute to him in Salem.
Also the book of Hebrew in the NT tell of it.

Can you show how you arrived at the word 'Judge'? I've never seen that explanation before.

Here is the origin of the word Judah, according to the Jews:
The words Jew (Yehudi in Hebrew) and Judaism (Yahadut) come from the name Judah, or Yehuda as it is pronounced in Hebrew. Yehuda was one the 12 tribes that descended from our forefather Yaakov. Understanding who Yehuda was and what he represented provides us with the key to comprehending the name Jew and understanding who we really are.
The word Yehuda comes from the Hebrew word lehodot, which means to thank. Indeed, upon his birth, Leah, Yehuda's mother, exclaimed "hapaam odeh et Hashem," this time I thank God. Feelings of gratitude characterized Yehuda's birth. The commonly used wordtodah, meaning "thank you," stems from the same root.
full text at http://www.aish.com/sp/ph/48955566.html
Seems to me that the Hebrew name for the man called Judah in Latin has no j starting it so why is there not Yhudism and not Judaism?
Is it not to capitalize on the nobility of the family tree of the Latin word Ju.

Your question and issues seem to be shifting...

But yes....you've struck on the difference between YHWH and JHVH and Yeshua and Jeshua....or Jesus...

The languages of Jesus time were Aramaic, koine Greek, Hebrew... All of which have changed over the years, none of which are spoken exactly the same today as then...

But unless i desire to become a linguist studying the ancient and or dead languages..it suffices me to know that there was no mathew, mark, Luke or john or Adam and eve...those are all anglicized names for an English speaking European audience... Just as we don't use all the thee and thou language of bibles that are over a thousand years more recent than the time you are discussing.

But Melchizedek was not the Messiah, although a mysterious character indeed ...

But Hebrews is not calling Melchizedek the Messiah.
You must be reading a different Hebrew from me or not read enough, Hebrew clearly states that Melchizedek is the Messiah and that Jesus was him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not shifting the issue but following the currents of the responses I am getting, but if you notice I remain on core issue, what is or are the original source or sources from which the knowledge of a coming Messiah came, what are the practices of faith in him called in those sources, is there mention of an elite group of people who will serve with him and what are they called (Part or parts of the Bible say there will be144000 and that they will come from the tribes of Jacob while other part say that in that day Israel will be all tribes and tongs of all the Earth) .
I don't claim to know allall, that is why I invited linguistics to help us out, I now ask theological experts and historian to help also.

How many languages do you speak? I ask because it looks like you are making the mistake a person who only understand one language would make.
When one speaks a second or various languages it or they helps or help you to understand your own language more but I am discussing things as I read them in English.

Back