Thanksgiving and America

Aussie Thoughts

Just my 2 cents
Reaction score
Our niece and grandnephew will be joining my wife and I and the furry ones this year. We got a small turkey for the occasion or "Ah Erd" as Jackie, who will no doubt be supervising the preparation of, calls it. Sweet 'tators, broccoli stir-fry, cranberries, gravy and Chai will round out this year's fare.

Praise Be and Thanksgiving to all....
Fond memories of Turkey Day at your place. -:cool:

Namaste Jesus

Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai
Reaction score
Thanksgiving 2018
thanks_2018.jpg

StevePame

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Did a Friendsgiving this year. Lots of food, lots of people, and lots of animals (cats, dogs, and birds...oh my!)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
Another American Thanksgiving over and done with.

:kitty:s got cooked ham and turkey-flavoured treats (although they turned their noses up at the ham [will toss it out later]) and I had vegetarian "turkey" with a kale and cranberry stuffing to make up for that. I also made a pumpkin cheesecake, tucking remainders back in the refrigerator each time after taking a serving (forcing myself to do that so I don't inadvertently cause untold damage to my body.) The neighbor that makes the peanut-butter-and-jelly-glazed abomination stunk up the place (again.)

I avoided the movie-of-the-week, Silver Linings Playbook, but might go to next week's (Singing In the Rain.)

Now, I have to make the curried pumpkin bisque (a "command performance" iykwim) but first I must get all of my pots and pans washed as well as my ladle...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
Another American Thanksgiving has come and gone with the :kitty:s. They had turkey and duck/turkey and halibut tinned food while I had veggie "turkey" in a couple of ways (breaded cutlets with gravy for lunch, kung pao for dinner.) One of my neighbours tripped over the dinner that was left outside my flat (no, I didn't sign up for it before anyone asks!)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Namaste Jesus

Reaction score
Had to have some emergency dental work just before the festivities so turkey will stay in the freeze til Christmas this year. Instead the wife and I spent a quiet evening at home, eating curried chicken stew over rice, with vanilla pudding for desert. it's been a trying year to say the least, but all in all, still a lot to give thanks for.

Ella S.

Reaction score
I had a vat of mashed potatoes and a whole vegan pumpkin pie before finishing a bag of corn chips and salsa from a church fundraiser

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
Happy Turkey/"Turkey" Day to the American delegation from the :kitty:s.

Picked up some turkey and duck shredded gooshy food for The Trio and a vegetarian "ham" along with a pie pumpkin for me. Oh, and vegetarian kasha to go along with everything.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Namaste Jesus

Reaction score
30lbs bird in the oven as we speak! 🦃

Why we needed a 30 pounder for 3 people is beyond me, but I suspect the little critters around here will be happy about it! ;)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
30lbs bird in the oven as we speak! 🦃

Why we needed a 30 pounder for 3 people is beyond me, but I suspect the little critters around here will be happy about it! ;)
I wonder how many :kitty:s visited your feast, eyeing the bird, cabooses doing that particular wriggle (you might know which one I mean.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Namaste Jesus

Reaction score
I wonder how many :kitty:s visited your feast, eyeing the bird, cabooses doing that particular wriggle (you might know which one I mean.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Well, dinner's over, leftovers contained and turkey discards deposited for the wild critters. Thus far, 3 raccoons, 2 opossums and 1 fox joined Be Bop and Midnight in the feast. For the most part, the fare was well received, though there was some grumbling over the garlic gravy... 😒

Last edited by a moderator:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
Well, 2 days after the great pig-out and I've but 3 words to say... Fried Turkey Sliders! 😋
"Ham" and cheese pinwheels! I've added some other items from my Thanksgiving meal to the pinwheels to balance out the flavours. :)

:kitty:s are getting turkey and duck shreds tinned food (as usual.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine