Do you know where you will spend eternity?

• Thread starter JacquelineDeane55
  • Start date
I don't have high-flown ideas. I would just like to see my mom again, and apologize for all the times I acted like a jerk.

Reactions: RJM
I don't have high-flown ideas. I would just like to see my mom again, and apologize for all the times I acted like a jerk.

A good and learned Putra, does:

Tarpana;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarpana

Reasons for offering Tarpana
It is believed that one’s pitrus will be eagerly awaiting for tarpana on all the above-mentioned occasions. If no offering is made, they will return to their places disappointed, and the descendant misses their blessings which he would have received, if he had performed his filial duties.

Pitru Paksha (Sanskrit: पितृ पक्ष), also spelt as Pitri paksha, Pitr Paksha (literally "fortnight of the ancestors") is a 16–lunar day period in Hindu calendar when Hindus pay homage to their ancestor (Pitrs), especially through food offerings.

In the Hindu religion, it is the ritual that one performs to pay homage to one's 'ancestors' (Sanskrit: Pitṛs), especially to one's dead parents. ... It is performed on the death anniversary or collectively during the Pitru Paksha or Shraaddha paksha (Fortnight of ancestors), right before Sharad Navaratri in autumn.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitru_Paksha

Shraddha may refer to: Sraddha, a Hindu ritual performed for one's ancestors, especially deceased parents. Sraddha, the Sanskrit term for "faith", in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.

he name Shraddha is an Indian baby name. In Indian the meaning of the name Shraddha is: Faithful.

A son's or daughter's liability to pay maintenance amount to his or her parents is not just a duty but a dharma.
The term Putra denotes Son, Putra means one who prevents parents entering a hell called ‘Pu or Put”.
The importance of children in a family can be gauged by the fact that the term for son in Sanskrit is ‘Putra’ and for daughter it is ‘Putri’. The words are derived from the word ‘Put’ and they means a person, who frees the parents from the clutches of a realm of suffering named ‘Put’. Thus, children are recognized as those who will save their parents from suffering and instead

FN1:
the Garbhadhana Samskara (rites when you want to conceive a child) imparts a notion of devotion and sacredness to the whole act of sexual intimacy. It involves chanting of mantras and invoking various deities for the purpose of preparing the womb of the mother, for the proper formation of frame (fetus) of the child upon conception, for the healthy and potent sperm that can cause conception and finally for successfully causing the conception respectively (Hiranyakeshin Grihya Sutra 1.7.25.1).

FN2:
Gaya, India is a ritual place and it is famous for Pind daan. ... This pinddaan puja brings peace to the soul. Most of the people come here in the months of monsoon (September - October) for the 'Pitrapaksh Tarpan' (Prayers offered for the dead). The pilgrims take a dip in the seasonal holy river 'Phalgu' during this season.
https://wikitravel.org/en/Gaya

FN3:
The Hindu way of life gives us true significance of religious fervors performed during one's lifetime; Pind Daan is a mandatory ritual which is to be performed post death. Pind Daan gives an ultimate relief to the departed soul and paves way into the world of peace. Pinda (riceball) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Piṇḍas are balls of cooked rice and barley flour mixed with ghee and black sesame seeds offered to ancestors during Hindu funeral rites (Antyesti) and ancestor worship (Śrāddha).

Back