Why do you think Satan is so angry at Jesus

Explain to me then Psalms 1:1 and 1 Corinthians 15:24-26 if you can.

Sounds like Mr. Reader would do well to review our: Code of Conduct - particularly rule #2.;)
I don’t think I’m breaking that rule I’m just trying to show there are underlying factors in every verse. What they do with those factor is not my concern. I’m not trying to convert anyone to anything

I don’t think I’m breaking that rule I’m just trying to show there are underlying factors in every verse. What they do with those factor is not my concern. I’m not trying to convert anyone to anything
Perhaps not, but skirting it pretty close. Just some friendly advice from a long time forum member. Do with it what you will.

Explain to me then Psalms 1:1 and 1 Corinthians 15:24-26 if you can.
The problem here is when texts are taken out of context.

The Book of Psalms has to be contemplated in its nature, or genre, and whilst we can read Christological implications in the Psalms, we should not look for evidence there, as the revelation of Christ was in Christ Himself, He was not revealed beforehand.

Likewise, all Paul's theology has to be understood as a piece before one can start looking at individual texts. He believed Jesus was God, he refers to Jesus as 'the Lord' when he makes reference to Hebrew Scriptures, in which 'the Lord' refers to God.

Why do you not understand Satan trying to subdue Him?
Oh, that's not the same thing at all!

Of course Satan sought to break Christ's will. But you said 'outraged' and I see no evidence of such. Personally I think Satan is far too sophisticated a piece of work to be 'outraged' by anything man gets up to, and in Christ He thought he was dealing with a man.

Perhaps, at the Crucifixion, when they sky went black, we see Satan gathering himself to consume the holocaust, then we have the harrowing of hell, and then the Resurrection ... THEN I can imagine Old Nick throwing his toys out the pram!

I believe that there are people who would kill me who are only obeying orders and don't have any actual outrage toward me.

Would mind giving me your definition of outrage then?
"an extremely strong reaction of anger, shock, or indignation" according to the dictionary.

In the dialogue between Satan and Christ, I see none of the above. I see clever sophistry, I see a subtle argument, but I see no 'extremely strong' reaction — people who give way to 'extremely strong reactions' have lost their cool, and very quickly lose their capacity to think, and then lose the argument.

Satan is an angel ... and angels are not subject to the base passions of man.

According to your statement Satan was an Angel so what is he now and what caused him to fall. Your answer and mine are the same PRIDE. With pride comes anger. Am I not correct?

According to your statement Satan was an Angel so what is he now ...
A fallen angel.

and what caused him to fall.
We don't know. It's a question open to speculation, but as we none of us think with the minds of angels, its difficult to determine what exactly happened, or when, or why.

Generally, the reason given is pride, as you say, resting on the words of Isaiah 14:12-25:
"How you are fallen from heaven,
O Day Star, son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground,
you who laid the nations low!
‘I will ascend to heaven;
above the stars of God
I will set my throne on high;
I will sit on the mount of assembly
in the far reaches of the north;'
But you are brought down to Sheol,
to the far reaches of the pit."

This text was ascribed by Christian scholars to mean Satan. Actually Isaiah was writing about the King of Babylon. Nevertheless, the pride of the King was transferred to Satan as the father of sin, and pride is, perhaps, the first of the seven deadly sins (although there is a greater sin yet).

Ezekiel offers this:
"You were the seal of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God
from the day you were created,
till unrighteousness was found in you."

Tradition tells us that the angels were created before heaven and earth, and that when Satan fell, he took a third of the angelic host with him. This is regard as suspect, as the defection of a third of your staff suggests colossal mismanagement!

As ever, we must look for wisdom ...

With pride comes anger. Am I not correct?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

But I would rather you show me where Scripture says Satan was outraged or angry, rather than rest on your opinion.

My reading is a cool customer, very slippery, very clever, very dangerous. My martial arts training tells me if I can get him angry, he's mine...

I can accept he might have lost his rag when he realised that getting Christ crucified was part of the Divine Plan, and that he'd unwittingly played into the Father's hands ...

And he said to them: I saw Satan like lightning falling from heaven. (Luke 10:18)

It depends on the degree of one's self control.

And where in the Bible is Satan shown to be outraged?

n did this anger manifest

Back