Music for the soul

Alise Wilson

Reaction score
Hello everybody! My post is about music that you listen during the day or while meditating. Do you listen to music at all?

Firstly, I was looking for the approval of music itself for Baha'i followers. And here is what I found:

All these feelings can be caused by voice and music, for through the nerves it moves and stirs the spirit. Even over animals, music has an effect. For example: When they wish to take a camel over a desert road, they attach to him some bells, or they play upon a flute, and this sound prevents him from realizing the fatigue of the journey; his nerves are affected, but he does not have an increase of thought, he feels nothing but physical sensation.
(‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Music, pp. 79-81)

So, I think, it is not forbidden to listen to the music which lifts human's spirit. What do you guys think?

I have been looking for a music source or artists which songs won't harm my soul. And I found it very difficult to separate the right ones from the wrong ones. I need help:p

So far I have found the online Faith Radio devoted to Baha'i Faith. They play calming music 24/7 and also they have Inspirational quotes and Faith talks. Did you know that there is a radio channel devoted totally to Baha'i Faith? It was a surprise for me.

Anyway, I appreciate any help regarding this matter. Thank you all in advance :)

Hello everybody! My post is about music that you listen during the day or while meditating. Do you listen to music at all?

Firstly, I was looking for the approval of music itself for Baha'i followers. And here is what I found:

All these feelings can be caused by voice and music, for through the nerves it moves and stirs the spirit. Even over animals, music has an effect. For example: When they wish to take a camel over a desert road, they attach to him some bells, or they play upon a flute, and this sound prevents him from realizing the fatigue of the journey; his nerves are affected, but he does not have an increase of thought, he feels nothing but physical sensation.
(‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Music, pp. 79-81)

So, I think, it is not forbidden to listen to the music which lifts human's spirit. What do you guys think?

I have been looking for a music source or artists which songs won't harm my soul. And I found it very difficult to separate the right ones from the wrong ones. I need help:p

So far I have found the online Faith Radio devoted to Baha'i Faith. They play calming music 24/7 and also they have Inspirational quotes and Faith talks. Did you know that there is a radio channel devoted totally to Baha'i Faith? It was a surprise for me.

Anyway, I appreciate any help regarding this matter. Thank you all in advance :)

Welcome Alise to the Forum.

Radio Irfan.png
Coming soon to your ear.

Back