What if?

Gatekeeper

Shades of Reason
Reaction score
We get what we ask for? I mean, what if we get what we ask for next life? If so, what would you ask for? What would you like and would you include asking not to get what you didn't like? What if, on the other hand, it's like a battle field, and if you ask for this, but aren't ready, you'll need to go through that before you get it?

Like the process of aging, or growing older and in wisdom and stature … We face a good deal of hardships in life, so I would be careful what we ask or wish for, cause I'm pretty sure it'll all come true some day.

I think we all get or have gotten what we ask for previously in life. Only, it's our actions that make the request not our words.

Reactions: RJM
I think we all get or have gotten what we ask for previously in life. Only, it's our actions that make the request not our words.

Some call that Karma, others reaping what we sow. Cause and effect or is it affect? Action to consequence, e=mc2 kind of thing a ma bob right? What if in the end we get exactly what we need? Honestly, I'm pretty sure that's what we get, and based on our choices in life. Whether it be based on what who we are, what we're about, the things we've already been through, the things we're going through, and what we truly, honest to goodness - ly, umm want and desire from life.

With that said, and while we compass this realm of existence, it might be profitable to understand what we truly want in desire before we make choices that might counter what we want and desire in this life or the next. At this point I'm convinced there is life after, given the enormity of this universe and given the probability of infinite places like this one existing ... So, what if … what if we get what we ask for by the decisions we make in the now? Some decisions I make please me, other decisions don't, and as long as I stay true to who I am, the compassing and navigation is much easier than it would be otherwise.

I enjoy a nice peach milkshake on occasion, but dirt sandwiches don't sound very appealing to me. How about to you?

With that said, and while we compass this realm of existence, it might be profitable to understand what we truly want in desire before we make choices that might counter what we want and desire in this life or the next.
Do we know?

Lead, Kindly Light

Lead, Kindly Light, amidst th'encircling gloom,
Lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home,
Lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou
Shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now
Lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!

So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on.
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile!

Some call that Karma, others reaping what we sow.
Yes and no, but that's a whole other thing. As to wants or more to the point, what we think we want is based on the here and now and can only be expressed in those terms. Whereas actions, to use an old cliché, speak louder than words and very often express our true feelings and desires beyond that which is spoken.

It's how we react to different situations encountered in the world as we know it, both positive and negative that determines what we'll find pleasing in the next. I too believe that ultimately, we'll each get exactly what it is we truly desire. However, I also believe that few, if any at this point are consciously aware of what that is. Many's the time I've wanted something so badly I could taste it, only to find it not to my liking at all once I got it. Conversely, I've had instances where something touched me deeply and filled a void I didn't even know existed until after I got it. So yeah, I think we do get what we ask for, just not based on our say so or our time frame. ;)
I enjoy a nice peach milkshake on occasion, but dirt sandwiches don't sound very appealing to me. How about to you?
Funny that. My father use to say a man needs to eat a bushel of dirt before he dies. 2nd thing to cross my mind after he passed was, "Guess the old man finally ate his last spoon full." :D

Some call that Karma, others reaping what we sow. Cause and effect or is it affect? Action to consequence, e=mc2 kind of thing a ma bob right? What if in the end we get exactly what we need? Honestly, I'm pretty sure that's what we get, and based on our choices in life. Whether it be based on what who we are, what we're about, the things we've already been through, the things we're going through, and what we truly, honest to goodness - ly, umm want and desire from life.

With that said, and while we compass this realm of existence, it might be profitable to understand what we truly want in desire before we make choices that might counter what we want and desire in this life or the next. At this point I'm convinced there is life after, given the enormity of this universe and given the probability of infinite places like this one existing ... So, what if … what if we get what we ask for by the decisions we make in the now? Some decisions I make please me, other decisions don't, and as long as I stay true to who I am, the compassing and navigation is much easier than it would be otherwise.

Before bedtime each night the Mrs. has a cup of Sweet Dreams tea as far me I am a hot peach tea kinda guy

Last edited:
I've asked a couple of times for materialistic items I actually received

Back