Christian worship service

I personally have a program called Ocean, which has scriptures of several religions or philosophies.
Ocean is awesome.
Between that, IOs apocrypha+ page, and the metaphysical bible dictionary. I can contemplate the path of a spec of dust falling thru a sunbeam (I know that makes no sense to anyone but me)

We have a calendar of 19 months with 19 days in each month, and to fill in the rest of the year we have 4 or 5 intercalary days. On the first day of each month we have what we call a feast, which has three parts to it. In the first part, the devotional part we recite from our Writings. In the second part we talk about affairs in our local community, what we plan to do next, make recommendations for the Local Spiritual Assembly, and hear monthly letters from our national spiritual assembly, stuff like that. The third part is the social part, where we eat some food and talk to each other. Where our local community has nine or more members we have a Local Spiritual Assembly which consists of nine members elected by secret ballot, in which campaigning is not allowed, and we simply vote according to our conscience based on their character and other considerations. This election takes place on Ridvan each year which is either April 20 or April 21, which is the anniversary of the declaration of Baha'u'llah in 1863. In the far future we will have Fridays off, like the Muslims. I forget what it is called but the Muslims don't call their Fridays off a Sabbath like the Jews do for their Saturdays off.
Wow! So you have completely your own system. And one day in every 19 day month is your 'sabbath' -- for want of the word? When did your calendar start? Did it start with the birth of Baha'u'llah?

In the far future we will have Fridays off
Why is it postponed?

Last edited:
Wow! So you have completely your own system. And one day in every 19 day month is your 'sabbath' -- for want of the word? When did your calendar start? Did it start with the birth of Baha'u'llah?
It started on March 21, 1844, on the year of the declaration of the Bab, and was instituted by the Bab, and continued for the Baha'is.
In the far future we will have Fridays off, like the Muslims.
Why is it postponed?
I don't know. There will be a time when laws such as for murder will be implemented. I don't know if such laws will apply to people who are not Baha'is. Maybe the Friday off will be implemented then. Right now, it would be inconvenient to apply the Fridays off in a world where the rest of the people don't take Fridays off of work, but take other days off from work. The feast will always continue.

I’ m a little confused. How does someone being well versed in his or her faith make it difficult for you to consider it all true?
iu

Reactions: RJM
I'd say for some it would be honesty.
Yup. I believe there's an alien outpost at the centre of the earth, that sends out UFO's after dark from a hole at the South Pole. More I study, more I know I'm right. No reference to anyone here. Best wishes for 2020 everybody, lol ...

I hitched a ride on the Light and all darkness disappeared. Until the dream was over...Happppy 2020. Let's dance!

Yup. I believe there's an alien outpost at the centre of the earth, that sends out UFO's after dark from a hole at the South Pole. More I study, more I know I'm right. No reference to anyone here. Best wishes for 2020 everybody, lol ...

So...you've discovered my secret headquarters - have a good year Brother !

Only because it is New Years Eve
David Bowie:
Someday they won't let you, now you must agree
The times they are a-telling, and the changing isn't free
You've read it in the tea leaves, and the tracks are on tv
Beware the savage jaw
Of 1984

They'll split your pretty cranium, and fill it full of air
And tell that you're eighty, but brother, you won't care
You'll be shooting up on anything, tomorrow's never there
Beware the savage jaw
Of 1984

Come see, come see, remember me?
We played out an all-night movie role
You said it would last, but I guess we enrolled
In 1984 (who could ask for more?)
1984 (who could ask for more?)
(More)

I'm looking for a vehicle, I'm looking for a ride
I'm looking for a party, I'm looking for a side
I'm looking for the treason that I knew in '65
Beware the savage jaw
Of 1984

Come see, come see, remember me?
We played out an all-night movie role
You said it would last, but I guess we enrolled
In 1984 (who could ask for more?)
1984 (who could ask for more?)
(More)

1984 (more)
1984 (more)

My compliments to Truthseeker19!

Since "Sabbath" for Baha'is was brought up a few times I thought I'd add some from Baha'i sources:

"Unlike worship in some other religions, Bahá’í worship follows no liturgical calendar. The Bahá’í writings encourage daily prayer at dawn, and in some parts of the world this is a significant part of Bahá’í community worship. While Friday is the Bahá’í sabbath, no forms of worship are required on that day. In most of the Bahá’í world no customary weekly worship, such as the Christian Sunday service, exists. Each Bahá’í month, usually on the first day, a meeting called feast is held, which has three portions: a worship portion, a business portion, and a social portion. The worship portion usually consists of the reading of passages from the writings of Bahá’u'lláh, the Báb, and `Abdu’l-Bahá, including communes; sometimes singing occurs as well. During the eleven annual Bahá’í Holy Days it is customary to hold a worship program similar to that of a Feast."

https://bahai-library.com/stockman_worship

I'm adding for those interested a visual of the Baha'i Calendar which is called the "Badi" Calendar. It shows our Holy Days and Feast Calendar:

" There are eleven Holy Days in the Bahá'í calendar. Of these, there are nine on which work should be suspended. The only exceptions are the Day of the Covenant and the Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bahá."

http://calendar.bahaiq.com/about/

The only days where work or school is suspended are the nine Holy Days.

Our New Years is "Naw-Ruz" the vernal equinox in Tehran (March 21st) and it will be the year 177 of the Baha'i Era (B.E.).

https://bahai-library.com/walbridge_encyclopedia_nawruz

BWC177.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back