About Homosexuality and Religion

RJM boo for boiler blow up, yay for being home!
Synchronicity? The more I let God take over completely, the luckier I get? Daily small miracles.

Whatever ...

Last edited:
What are your church services like? My church My church opens with organ music then announcements and During the first hymn the choir made their way to the front of the church the hymn finishes and the pastor leads the church in the Lord's Prayer.

Next is praises and concerns for prayer, then the sermon, the offering and final hymn. My pastor was a former missionary in Venezuela.

I tried to start a private conversation with RJM, but was rejected
Yes. Sorry @KnowSelf I don't do the private conversations thing. I asked Steve to block it.

I am Catholic. The Mass on any day is the same in all Catholic churches all over the world. Exactly the same prayers and readings and rituals wherever you go. Anywhere on Earth that day. Music is optional and of the priest's choosing for the day.

Sometimes the priest gives a bit of a sermon but it's not that important -- if I agree with him or not -- because the essence of the Mass is the communion where Christ promises to be present in the bread and wine.

It's not about the particular priest or his preaching. Doesn't matter which priest officiates. He the minister of Christ. He has the authority granted by Christ.

Like if I go to get my passport officially stamped it doesn't matter who actually stamps it; he is trained and sworn in and granted authority but when he leaves the office (altar) he's just a human person.

There is a Mass every day of the week, not just Sunday. The church I go to is a monastery church, of monks.

Last edited:
Reactions: wil
The monastery library is full of all sorts of books and history and commentaries and apocrypha of lots of different faiths and religions. Some very old books.

It's not forbidden to read and exolore.

Last edited:
More power to ya.

I don't need ice cream either, but I like it.

We also don't need religion or belief in G!d, many folks live a full and healthy life without either. All of us could if we wished.

If our ancestors never believed in or worshipped G!d, we'd be here, just like every other species on the planet. Also just like every other species, if our ancestors didn't have sex....we wouldn't be here.
To each his or her own....
We all have our own beliefs and values.

I do not tend to live for what I might like, but for what I believe is in my best interest.
I have discovered that is other people, God and religion, not sex.

Back