Perfect is as all things are

KnowSelf

Reaction score
Perfect as opposed to perfection thereby attaining the highest level of what is perfect.

Is the world perfect? Yes, in the time and space of existence? What about crime, war and sickness? Whatever is or could be remains perfect unto its nature.

When we long for a perfect world, I don't think we have intelligence or resources to determine what that might be like.

Suppose a loved one dies, is the world perfect or not? Maybe death is a way to replenish world for survival and continuation of the species.

Why suffering? Don't know, but suffering has a purpose like everything else that occurs.

The all things associated, you and me, and my two dogs are perfect in the space and time of existence.

What is if I make a mistake, well dear friend you and many like us make perfect mistakes. You just can't beat perfect mistake.

What is if I make a mistake, well dear friend you and many like us make perfect mistakes. You just can't beat perfect mistake.

Love it.

I agree. This last 9 months I have broken my left wrist followed by breaking my left ankle. Some people say I have bad karma (or similar) but I always say..."No these breakages are perfect".

Mind you, I am in no way recommending breaking "An arm and a leg" to experience perfection.
Being can be enough.

The problem I have with your definition of perfect is that when something is perfect you cannot improve upon it. I think everyone can improve upon themselves, most situations can be improved which makes them imperfect.. no?

hypothetically asking Mary is as clear as asking God Himself, Does God disclose?

The problem I have with your definition of perfect is that when something is perfect you cannot improve upon it. I think everyone can improve upon themselves, most situations can be improved which makes them imperfect.. no?
Why can't we be perfect in each time of being. I'm not talking about comparison improvement over a period of time. By living moment by moment in that particular slot of time we are as perfect as that situation allows us to be. We fail to understand this because we compare past experience with the present.

From one moment in time to another life exist perfectly

Reactions: RJM
Why can't we be perfect in each time of being.

So there is no point in your life which you could of handled better? All those moments are less than perfect. If we were all "as perfect as that situation allows us to be" don't you think we would be living in a better world?

So there is no point in your life which you could of handled better? All those moments are less than perfect. If we were all "as perfect as that situation allows us to be" don't you think we would be living in a better world?
You can't put a primary student into university. There is a ladder. The moments are perfect for what my soul needs at the time?

In any and every given moment, the potential for perfection is there.

Can it be realised? Contextually, yes, we can do 'just the right thing' at 'just the right time' ... but

But because the world is finite, and because our horizons are infinite, we can never be perfect, because we are not the means by which perfect is determined ...

From one moment in time to another life exist perfectly
To state that requires knowing every possible mode of being in every moment, and that's impossible, so the best we can do is hope we're in the right place, doing the right thing.

You can't put a primary student into university. There is a ladder. The moments are perfect for what my soul needs at the time?

A great way to justify any behaviour. Perhaps the rapist needed to rape to develop his soul and his victim needed to be raped to develop hers? She should be grateful and he should be commended if that is the case.

A great way to justify any behaviour. Perhaps the rapist needed to rape to develop his soul and his victim needed to be raped to develop hers? She should be grateful and he should be commended if that is the case.
Again, how do you know?

It's not about this world. Obviously this world is not perfect. It never will be perfect. It is a learning place for the soul.

Perhaps there is some point in life where a person turns around from the things of this world and looks for something else. Whatever ...

how do I know that there are better ways than rape to improve a soul? Just a hunch I guess.
Don't be silly. You know that's not what I mean.

Perhaps the rapist gets locked up and raped himself, then starts to question? Perhaps the victim goes on to become a rape counsellor who saves others from living a destroyed life? There is no way of knowing the eventual 'soul' outcome.

It's not what the thread intends, imo.

Last edited:
It's not?

Cos it sounds like you are saying every moment we experience is what is best for us, it also kinda sounds like you are describing determinism, one results in all our actions ,being good and the other results in none of our actions mattering, both of which result in any behaviour being justifiable.

I hope I am not offending you.

It's not?

Cos it sounds like you are saying every moment we experience is what is best for us, it also kinda sounds like you are describing determinism, one results in all our actions ,being good and the other results in none of our actions mattering, both of which result in any behaviour being justifiable.

I hope I am not offending you.
Why does God allow evil in the world? How can the flea on the dog know why does the dog wag its tail?

All I know is:

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
(Proverbs 3:5-7)

Last edited:
Back