Perfect is as all things are

you just answered your question. God allows evil so that we may depart from it.

6:75 - Thus did We show Abraham the kingdom of the heavens and the earth that he might be of those possessing certainty.

Of course we cannot know, certainty is a gift for a very few.

So if we cannot get ethics and perfection to align, does this mean ethics is imperfect (RJM's flea parable)?

Does it mean perfection is amoral (God allowing evil to gift us free will)?

Do these two Platonic ideals not even exist in the real world (Thomas' contingent, finite universe which is why we can't have nice things)?

Are these concepts evanescent sparks blooming up in our little conscious bubble of light, only to fade back into the background radiation of the universe's arrow of time propelled by entropy?

Reactions: RJM
I'm not sure what you mean by not getting ethics and perfection to align?

I'm not sure what you mean by not getting ethics and perfection to align?
A perfect murder is still an unethical act.

(Edited: the Sherlock Holmes reference works better in German; but "A perfect crime is still an unethical act" doesn't have the same clarity to it. Languages and their idiosyncracies...)

Last edited:
ok thanks for clearing that up.

Can an unethical act be perfect? Perhaps executed perfectly.

So there is no point in your life which you could of handled better? All those moments are less than perfect. If we were all "as perfect as that situation allows us to be" don't you think we would be living in a better world?
I disagree for moment that presents itself the reaction is the only response we know at that time and space. Therefore it is perfect for no other reason than what is presently known by the individual.

In retrospect we may be able to analyze past moments and actions and respond differently. Ultimately, life happens perfectly. It is not bound by emotion or sympathy, life/world is similar to a machine responsible for the propitiation of birth, living and death. (however, death as a state of being unknown)

Humans represent life therefore we subject to the conditions of life. Our views on death, sickness, rape, killing, serial killers, are simply products to achieve the natural order and balance of the world. It is tragic these things occur, however, they are mechanisms to achieve what the world is and was designed to do.

I disagree for moment that presents itself the reaction is the only response we know at that time and space. Therefore it is perfect for no other reason than what is presently known by the individual.

So the moment is perfect due to a lack of knowledge?

Ignorance is bliss... perfect bliss. :D

I'm gonna go find some fun ways to kill my braincells.. to improve myself.

metaphysically speaking the Mystic's embrace the idea everyone/everything is connected, as humans are a part life which is neither or wrong, our thoughts are neither right or wrong.

Is it wrong to have certain thoughts? I don't think so.

metaphysically speaking the Mystic's embrace the idea everyone/everything is connected, as humans are a part life which is neither or wrong, our thoughts are neither right or wrong.

Is it wrong to have certain thoughts? I don't think so.

Really? It seems to me that mystics have strong opinions on ethics, about "purification" an similar topics.

I don't think it is wrong to have certain thoughts, but I am not buying into any old thought that crosses my mind, either.

... our thoughts are neither right or wrong.
I can't think of one mystic (other than post-60s self-declared gurus) who would agree with that statement.

Eckhart, in the West, is considered the Prince of Mystics, and he most certainly does not.

I think certain thoughts can be wrong. Obviously not as wrong as carrying out the thoughts and turning them into action.

Back