Tinkering

@Thomas

Thanks for your help
Let me know if you need anything. I'm working today so wi-fi isn't good

Will a change of forums help to energise member traffic? What I have in mind is emphasis on Topics rather than on Forums. Of course, the column after topic name can mention forum. Just a suggestion. It pains to see little traffic in such a nice and civil Forum.

Ha ha, I have a Baha'i Answer Forum with no traffic.

Regards Tony

Reactions: RJM
Give me the link. Perhaps I could suggest something interesting to increase traffic. Does the homepage have an image, sort of large, of Bahaollah?

Give me the link. Perhaps I could suggest something interesting to increase traffic. Does the homepage have an image, sort of large, of Bahaollah?

:p Ha ha, I am sure you know that Baha'is do not portray in public the photo of Baha'u'llah. Mostly it is only seen on Pilgrimage in the Archives. We are able to keep one, to which I have in a prayer book, but I actually do not look at it.

My biggest issue with a Forum site is the amount of spam and in appropriate content people sign in, and maybe Robots. I really need to know how to identify these members more easily. It's all new to me Website building.

It is a page on this site that has the link.

http://normantonbahai.com/About-Us.php

This is the direct link.

http://normantonbahai.com/Answer-Forum.php/

Most of those that did join have gone through RF and have been on Baha'i Forum as well. I do see a few RF's here ;):)

Regards Tony

Not a lot of admin on a small site like this. @StevePame has installed great filters and registration screening. But vital to have experienced IT assistance, imo. THANKS @Cino @Thomas. There is a lot of spam email junk, lol

Last edited:
Lol....sign up question.... Why were you banned from your last discussion forum?

I would offer the answer to that is the predudices of some people most likely, as it is debate sections where this is most likely to happen.

Also we can consider the most ludicrous rule one could have if they have a debate section of a forum, is a Proselytising rule. To have the word debate and then have a rule so no one can answer a question to prove a point in fear of be branded as as attemoted proselytism is an oxymoron.

In discussion only sections, great, no discussion needs to press a point, unless a question is asked, but in a debate the purpose is to show and demonstrate the point.

Also would not participation in a debate be a willingness to discuss?

Anyway Proselytism is warned against in the Baha'i Faith, but has redifined definition.

Regards Tony

Reactions: RJM
Well that's it. I just put my name to a site that has been running for a long time ... If it ain't broke no need to fix it.

Last edited:
Back