Interfaith prayer...for all?

I have begun saying a "prayer" before I open this site.

wil's prayer is akin to the Lord's Prayer (as I understand it) not to be said word for word, but "in the manner of", "with similar intent".

I give thanx for the existence of I/O
For the peace it gives me.
For the thought it inspires.
Allow me to do the same for others.

I wish to be peace.

I give thanx for the participants of I/O
As I explore my beliefs with them
And they explore their beliefs with me.
Allow me to do so with the least resistance in both directions.

I wish to be a blessing.

I give thanx for the challenges I/O presents.
Allow me to maintain my cool and BP.
Allow me to read their posts with fresh eyes.
And provide responses so others may do the same.

I wish to be love.

I seek first to understand and be thankful when I am understood.
I allow others space to believe and find their way to do so without creating waves.

I wish to be.

I breathe in all I find here that is beneficial, and exhale that which I cannot use in this moment...

I give thanx for those who challenge my wishes, as it provides me practice to strengthen my resolve and stay on my path.

It is new, it helps set my intention, and seek to find a way to appreciate all who participate here.

I have begun saying a "prayer" before I open this site.

wil's prayer is akin to the Lord's Prayer (as I understand it) not to be said word for word, but "in the manner of", "with similar intent".

I give thanx for the existence of I/O
For the peace it gives me.
For the thought it inspires.
Allow me to do the same for others.

I wish to be peace.

I give thanx for the participants of I/O
As I explore my beliefs with them
And they explore their beliefs with me.
Allow me to do so with the least resistance in both directions.

I wish to be a blessing.

I give thanx for the challenges I/O presents.
Allow me to maintain my cool and BP.
Allow me to read their posts with fresh eyes.
And provide responses so others may do the same.

I wish to be love.

I seek first to understand and be thankful when I am understood.
I allow others space to believe and find their way to do so without creating waves.

I wish to be.

I breathe in all I find here that is beneficial, and exhale that which I cannot use in this moment...

I give thanx for those who challenge my wishes, as it provides me practice to strengthen my resolve and stay on my path.

It is new, it helps set my intention, and seek to find a way to appreciate all who participate here.
I wish your wishes are granted. 😃👌🙏

Regards Tony

Reactions: wil
Meandering around the net ibfound this from the INTA...the international new thought alliance.

Prayer

Right here and right now, I am aware of a universal life force presence that is surrounding us always. Whether we call it God, Yahweh, Buddha, Krishna, Mohammed, Life force energy, Universal presence, Higher Power, Consciousness, or any other word, there is a power and presence that is greater than us, that is generating and creating at all times. It is that presence that turns the chrysalis into a butterfly.

It is that indwelling Spirit that is inhabiting my body and animating my life. What a delight it is to know that there is a power and presence greater than me operating in this universe. It is operating for my good. It is creating synchronicities, opportunities and possibilities for me now. I am so grateful to feel this presence and to know that blessing surrounds me right here and right now.

Thank you Universe.
Thank you Omnipresent Spirit.
Thank you for your golden presence covering me every day.

And so it is!
Amen

Meditation
by Gina Alicea

Meditation is a centering practice.

As I center my focus upon the Christ consciousness within, I take a deep breath and sit down. As I practice, I am aware of my breathing and I am aware of my thoughts. As I sit still, I practice non-reaction. I recognize that there is a power and presence in life that is greater than me. I rely upon this presence to maintain my calm and my peace of mind. May the energy of this centering practice continue with me as I go through my day. May I remember the peace I felt as I centered my attention on thee.

No matter what shows up today Lord, may I continue to be in peace. As I center my gaze upon thee, oh Lord, I take my eyes away from the world of form. Even if it looks like chaos in our country, or in our world, I rely on thee to make our path straight. I center my awareness on you Lord and reply upon your strength. Lord, you guide my steps, you guide my thoughts, you guide me forward in peace.

I am so grateful for meditation as the centering practice in my life.

Thank you God.
Thank you God.
Thank you God.

And so it is.
Amen.

Back