Missing Jainism

Aupmanyav

Search, be your own guru.
Reaction score
Jainism is followed by 4.5 million people in India. It is as old as Buddhism. It goes to unique lengths for its five major principles of non-violence, non-possession, truth, non-stealing and celibacy. Should we have a sub-forum for Jainism in the Eastern religions forum?

Jainism is followed by 4.5 million people in India. It is as old as Buddhism. It goes to unique lengths for its five major principles of non-violence, non-possession, truth, non-stealing and celibacy. Should we have a sub-forum for Jainism in the Eastern religions forum?
Do you know any Jains? It would be great to have someone lead the discussion on beliefs and scripture...

All I really know is stories about sweeping as you walk so you dont kill bugs and waiting for fruit to drop before you eat it.

Reactions: RJM
Let's set up a subforum, I think there are some older threads which we can move there to populate it a bit.

Might attract a new member or two.

Ok. Do you want me to set it up?

That is very nice, RJM. I have asked some to join the forum. I already have a homepage created after adding Jainism. Now 'Recent Thread Discussions' has a counter part in 'Other Links'. Of course, I will not put it on tiiny.site, unless I get an OK from you. So, here is Jain.jpg:

Jain.jpg

My designs are aesthetic, not a comma out of place. Very British, so to say. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
That is very nice, RJM. I have asked some to join the forum. I already have a homepage created after adding Jainism. Now 'Recent Thread Discussions' has a counter part in 'Other Links'. Of course, I will not put it on tiiny.site, unless I get an OK from you. So, here is Jain.jpg:

View attachment 2686
Nice. Sure, put it on tiny, if you like. I hope to stay out of the homepage open thread discussion, let others have their say :)

Back