I/0 let us rejoice and be glad in it.

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Interfaith discussion and respect is awesome.

Yes we as nations, societies, and humans on earth could do more to promote peace, reduce poverty, suffering and starvation...

But I feel we here...at I/0 are doing our part.

We are "learning" to discuss our differing beliefs.amicably and honor the beliefs of others.

We are finding common ground and selecting those that are willing to put down the swords of our.tongues and words which demean and dismiss those who have different understandings than us.

We are our own disciples, learning in the safety of our homes...online...how to express our thoughts and examine our differences while increasing our understanding of others.

You may not go out into the world with the same energy...but some of it bleeds out....eeks out into our conversations and attitudes in physical life.

As we continue to build our training ground I hope more of us can become disciples of interfaith thought, exploration and acceptance as I believe this has a role in improving our "civilised" societal woes.

As we.encounter others of like mind, explorers, seekers with open minds and hearts who may wish to share..encourage them to take a look...

Let us build a cult of peaceful interfaith warriors, shutting down less than honorable discourse and increasing cooperation between religions.

Love and respect to all on this path.

It's a pleasant thought and a noble aim, I think.

To nitpick a bit, the term "shut down" does evoke a certain sense of caution within me. I think, charitably, I understand your point here, though.

If by "dishonorable discourse" you're referring to harmful abuse, then I do think it's probably adequate to prescribe shutting it down. I don't think there's anything more productive that one can really do with that, aside from maybe point out how nonsensical the abuse is to those being abused by it.

I definitely think that, whatever one does, ignoring it isn't always the best course of action. I know, I know, "don't feed the trolls," but at the same time they do hurt people. If we ignore them entirely, we can often end up silencing their victims.

And everyone can be a victim of abuse, even people in positions of higher authority than whoever is being abusive. "Punching up" is really not an excuse for being awful.

Thx Ella for the response. It definitely isn't a manifesto for the site but was stream of.consciosness of what I felt in the moment.

Lol... i had to reread to find what I shut down (and the what i wrote (many of my posts are not well thought out but often simply getting what is in my head and heart out))

Yes dishonorable is judgemental and definitely my perspective...thx for pointing it out

Thx Ella for the response. It definitely isn't a manifesto for the site but was stream of.consciosness of what I felt in the moment.

Lol... i had to reread to find what I shut down (and the what i wrote (many of my posts are not well thought out but often simply getting what is in my head and heart out))

Yes dishonorable is judgemental and definitely my perspective...thx for pointing it out

I find the spontaneous and heartfelt nature of many of your posts interesting. It always offers a perspective that I might be incapable of formulating on my own. I appreciate them for what they are.

One planet one people please. The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens.

No cult is needed, just faith in the capacity of the Oneness of Humanity.

Regards Tony

We are "learning" to discuss our differing beliefs.amicably and honor the beliefs of others.
What brings honour to a belief system is an output of a productive belief system. No all beliefs are good for us. Growth and spiritual reliance comes from true beliefs. God is not the author of confusion.

1 Corinthians 14:33

What brings honour to a belief system is an output of a productive belief system. No all beliefs are good for us. Growth and spiritual reliance comes from true beliefs. God is not the author of confusion.

1 Corinthians 14:33

Based upon your posts to date my initial impressions appear accurate. You don’t seem to really be interested in engaging in interfaith conversation. Rather your only real interest seems to be preaching and proselytizing your version of Christianity.

Back