Hi from Longfellow

We have exchanged many views in a couple of forums. That is what it means. As have others here.

Regards Tony
It is not policy to publicize a person's activities and usernames on other forums, or to post the names of those forums here

Last edited:
No, it is not even that old (as per my guess). Because of Longfellow's association, I think it will be a social welfare organization started by the Bahais. You know how such organizations are used by proselytizers.

If it is a newer community that came into existence in the last 200 years, give or take a few, then the "Modern Religions" forum would be a good place.

It's the community of people recognized as members by the Baha'i Universal House of Justice, but I don't want to discuss it in the Baha'i forum. Is it okay to put it directly under "Modern Religions"? The title would be "A worldwide religious community working with neighbors on local community development." It would be to inform people about its goals, plans and activities, in collaboration with others, at local, national and international levels; about its relationship with the UN; and about examples of its recognition by governments and other institutions. I might get some ideas from the publication "The Baha'i World" at bahai.works.

Last edited:
It's the community of people recognized as members by the Baha'i Universal House of Justice, but I don't want to discuss it in the Baha'i forum. Is it okay to put it directly under "Modern Religions"?

Go ahead, nobody needs to ask for permission to start a thread anywhere on this site, as long as it is in keeping with our Code of Conduct.

I've changed my mind about that new thread. It was only to try to counteract the damage that I see being done to the reputation of my religious community by some of its members evangelizing in Internet forums, which would be me evangelizing, trying to defend my religion!

I'll just repeat what I said in an earlier post. I would be interested in conversations with people to learn about their spiritual path and/or for them to learn about mine if they want to. Along with what I said in my first post above about helping to train children and learning to be a better friend, I've been trying help with the growth and spread of healthier, happier and more loving community life at the level of neighborhoods and villages, all around the world.

Last edited:
I've changed my mind about that new thread. It was only to try to counteract the damage that I see being done to the reputation of my religious community by some of its members evangelizing in Internet forums, which would be me evangelizing, trying to defend my religion!

I'll just repeat what I said in an earlier post. I would be interested in conversations with people to learn about their spiritual path and/or for them to learn about mine if they want to. Along with what I said in my first post above about helping to train children and learning to be a better friend, I've been trying help with the growth and spread of healthier, happier and more loving community life at the level of neighborhoods and villages, all around the world.

Well done, that is indeed what it is to be a Baha'i.

Some of us are remote from such service, struggling to find the required change, having very little contact with other like minded souls.

Regards Tony

Well done, that is indeed what it is to be a Baha'i.
For the sake of balance, that can be said of the even-tempered in all faith traditions ... that's what the supporters of IO aims at, even if we don't always live up to it.

Speaking for myself, I'm better now than I was when I joined this forum, and my fellow travellers – many sadly absent – along the IO (or CR as it was then) road have played an instrumental part in that.

I've changed my mind again. Maybe I will start that thread after all, but not apologetically as a way of trying to counteract the damage to my community's reputation from the behavior of some of its members. It would be out of curiosity to see where the conversation might go and what I might learn from it. I understand that I don't need permission, but I want to see what other people think about it before I do it. I would post it at the top level of the Modern Religions folder. The title would be "My path: following a spiritual teacher within a community of practice." In the OP I would say that I have chosen the Baha'i prophet Baha'u'llah as a spiritual teacher, and my community of practice is the community of people who are recognized as members by the Baha'i Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, Israel. My posts after that would be examples of how I practice, random thoughts about it, and answering any questions that people might have about it. Not questions about Baha'i beliefs or the Baha'i Faith in general, but about my own practice and personal thoughts about it.

Last edited:
For the sake of balance, that can be said of the even-tempered in all faith traditions ... that's what the supporters of IO aims at, even if we don't always live up to it.

Speaking for myself, I'm better now than I was when I joined this forum, and my fellow travellers – many sadly absent – along the IO (or CR as it was then) road have played an instrumental part in that.

I see that is what our unity in diversity will be built upon. When we live the life of our Faith.

We are in a difficult time though. Each person has to self reflect as to how far materialism has eroded our spiritual capacity.

All the best Thomas, regards Tony.

And just for even further balance, that should also be said of the even-tempered agnostics, atheists and humanists of all stripes.

Yes indeed, we all have the capacity to be good to each other and to be of service to all humanity. Many examples of this in history.

Regards Tony

It is not policy to publicize a person's activities and usernames on other forums, or to post the names of those forums here

OK good to know, but I have never hidden from sight, I have nothing to hide from but my own self. Hackers can come after me but all they will find in my bank is nearly zero....actually they may be able to pay off some of the debt for me. :D

As for ID theft, Bristow-Stagg is not a good choice we are only in a few places in Australia. Who would choose to hack that ID it only gets questions every time someone asks your name, and heck work emails are a nightmare, and a full signature gives writing cramp. :eek:

But mums the word, all else is secret squirrel. :);)

Regards Tony

OK good to know, but I have never hidden from sight, I have nothing to hide from but my own self. Hackers can come after me but all they will find in my bank is nearly zero....actually they may be able to pay off some of the debt for me. :D

As for ID theft, Bristow-Stagg is not a good choice we are only in a few places in Australia. Who would choose to hack that ID it only gets questions every time someone asks your name, and heck work emails are a nightmare, and a full signature gives writing cramp. :eek:

But mums the word, all else is secret squirrel. :);)

Regards Tony
I was reacting to a report

As I said, I started a thread about my personal path, out of curiosity to see where the conversation might go and what I might learn from it. It’s being taken over by other people now for their evangelizing, and I don’t want to be associated with that, so I won’t be posting in that thread any more.

As I said, I started a thread about my personal path, out of curiosity to see where the conversation might go and what I might learn from it. It’s being taken over by other people now for their evangelizing, and I don’t want to be associated with that, so I won’t be posting in that thread any more.

Is this the only way you can view my post?

Things can be seen from a thousand perspectives.

It could be thought of that way.

There are other perspectives as well.

You could add your view about unity in diversity in your practice or, if you do not believe in that, then your view about "Ye are the leaves of one tree and the fruits of one branch" in your practice. Why couldn't it be viewed from this perspective? Perhaps I was hoping you would comment on my understanding of the Baha'i Faith instead of seeing it as evangelizing?

Last edited:
@Longfellow, since it pains you so much to see me post here at all, I will just take a break from the forum. I mean, honestly it is just too tiring reading what are for me awkward spins on my posts.

"Evangelize" might not be the best word, because one of its meanings is trying to convert people to Christianity, and that isn't what I meant at all.

I'll just say that I don't want to be associated with what is happening in that thread, so I won't be posting in it any more.

In fact, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to post at all in any forum where people are, or ever have been, going all over the forum promoting and defending their Baha'i beliefs in every discussion where they can find an excuse for that, without everyone in the forum associating me with that, projecting that into everything I say and do, and not seeing or hearing me at all.

Last edited:
without everyone in the forum associating me with that, projecting that into everything I say and do, and not seeing or hearing me at all.

Sorry you don't feel heard.

I would encourage you to stay around. Your voice certainly rounds out my picture of your faith.

On the other hand, if you don't want comments on your posts, or want more control over the comments as they are posted, then maybe a blog format would suit your task better?

Back