Have you experienced a state of nonduality/infinity/oneness?

"Have you experienced a state of nonduality/infinity/oneness?": This is something which cannot be experienced but has to be understood and I have understood that.
But I am a strong atheist and an advaitist Hindu. I do not believe in existence of any God or an everlasting consciousness.
You have said that you do not die (which I fully agree with). Would it be fair to replace the word "consciousness" here with "being?" Would that being not be eternal?

You have it. Your label says 'Aham Brahmasmi'.
You have said that you do not die (which I fully agree with). Would it be fair to replace the word "consciousness" here with "being?" Would that being not be eternal?
What being are you talking about? Beingness is temporary, and so is human consciousness. Consciousness of 'what exists' is totally different.

Does this imply no consequences at all?
Yes. I believe I can forgive anybody anything. Of course, it is one thing to say, and another to actually do. It's just that I no longer see a purpose for hate anymore. That does not mean all of my old systems of hate have disappeared though. They are still, and maybe always will be, in my subconscious. They come alight when some old things that I hated still trigger me. I no longer believe them but the thoughts come hard and fast regardless. I can watch them enter my awareness without interacting with them. They don't last more than a few seconds.

The realities of the great illusion that I am still a part of have not really changed. Only my point of view on it. I still require the same things I needed to keep my body alive. Even unnatural things like my pills. And I still live a very secluded life. Perhaps because I no longer believe the state of Oneness can be achieved through actual effort. It seems rather more like a gift of Chance. Like when we suddenly become lucid from our dreams. Lucidity can be trained but while many who have realized and have a desire to preach Oneness, mine is conflicting with my belief that one doesn't gain the experience by thinking, speaking or reading about it.

I am working on a Guru chatbot though. 😅

Last edited:
Just humans? If so, why?
Not sure I understand the question. I simply meant that humans seem to be the only animals who can think up alternate realities while actually being and experiencing a common one. Science hypothesizes the animals like elephants, dolphins and chimps may also have self consciousness but that skill alone does not seem to give one the ability to question their reality. Recently, some study showed that chimps who had been trained to communicate with humans using ASL could answer questions but never made them.e.g. They would simply say "I am hungry" or "want food" instead of asking "Where is my food?"

Even questioning the illusion serves no purpose except as a point of interest to converse with the minds enamoured with it. We are all One but I enjoy the activity of talking with the many Selfs nonetheless.

Last edited:
Yes. I believe I can forgive anybody anything.
I knew a woman who worked thru forgiving her nephew for murdering her sister.

She worked on it for a long time, was able to visit him in prison, much to the chagrine of the rest of her family. She was Unity, her family were "regular" varieties of Christianity, Catholic, Presbyterian, Lutheran, only She had an understanding of forgiveness beyond vocabulary.

I prefer not to be tested.

I have and the result makes me strongly believe:

• consciousness has everlasting life without form after death
  • god is infinite unconditional love
  • the more we practice love, the closer we get to god but god denies no one

less strongly:
  • god is the mind of this infinite uncertain universe
  • communing with our inner god is possible and everyone has an inner god
Whether you have experienced Oneness or not, what are your thoughts about it?
Have you experienced a state of nonduality/infinity/oneness?
I exist in a state and understanding of non-duality, this is a quality one finds on the Western Left Hand Path.
Some things are Finite, other things Infinite, there is not one or the other.
Oneness for us (Western Left Hand Path) is to be embraced by our Greater Self/GodSelf.

Most religions/paths are engulfed in duality, so, no it isn't.
Duality is where we start from, as it were ... duality is the fundamental error, however that came to be.

And most religions/paths lead from duality to One-ness.

What the Abrahamics do is accept a fundamental distinction between created and uncreated nature ... but then the purpose of religions is to unite the two, not emphasise the distinctions ... and when you get deep into that, then the distinctions get blurry – as Echhart said, 'I and Thou disappear' – and he really wasn't the first.

Most religions/paths are engulfed in duality, so, no it isn't.
Many religions and teachings formulate complimentary pairs, that are to be resolved to oneness, either by equilibrium (Ying and Yang, calm and movement, activity and patience), or by overcoming evil (good over evil, serenity over lust, the Kingdom of God over this world)

You mentioned Iblis dividing"I" and "consciousness". I don't know what exactly you mean by that; is it a pair of the first kind (to resolve in equilibrium) or of the second ("I" over "conscientiousness" or vice versa)?

Duality is where we start from, as it were ... duality is the fundamental error, however that came to be.

And most religions/paths lead from duality to One-ness.

What the Abrahamics do is accept a fundamental distinction between created and uncreated nature ... but then the purpose of religions is to unite the two, not emphasise the distinctions ... and when you get deep into that, then the distinctions get blurry – as Echhart said, 'I and Thou disappear' – and he really wasn't the first.
Since duality is an illusion, you are incorrect in that "most religions/paths lead from duality to One-ness."

Since duality is an illusion, you are incorrect in that "most religions/paths lead from duality to One-ness."
LOL, I'm not incorrect, read it again, and think about it.

How about, 'Most religions/paths lead from the illusory to the Real'?

Back