Greetings

Daughters of Frya

Reaction score
I look forward to discussions about the similarities and differences between religious practices, a subject I've always been fascinated by. My own spirituality centres around the Goddess, and I'm now in my 21st year of dedication to her service.

Other subjects I find interesting include mythology, ancient history, and archaeology, and also issues involving education.

Welcome, @Daughters of Frya , to the interfaith dialogue forums. Good to have you here.

Does your devotion to the Goddess also find reflection in Eastern expressions, such as the Mahavidyas, or Guan Yin?

Not having any gods or goddesses, I do appreciate the boundless variety of relating to the facts of our being here, now, which we as human beings are capable of. So don't be alarmed by my "atheist" tag.

Welcome, @Daughters of Frya , to the interfaith dialogue forums. Good to have you here.

Does your devotion to the Goddess also find reflection in Eastern expressions, such as the Mahavidyas, or Guan Yin?

Not having any gods or goddesses, I do appreciate the boundless variety of relating to the facts of our being here, now, which we as human beings are capable of. So don't be alarmed by my "atheist" tag.
To me, the Goddess is Mother Earth. Many cultures have given her many different names.

The Daughters of Frya website is available here:

Living in one of the areas where a Frisian dialect is spoken today, I have to say that the tunic seems like a very, very odd choice of clothing. A raincoat is a must, most of the days.

Reactions: RJM
Living in one of the areas where a Frisian dialect is spoken today, I have to say that the tunic seems like a very, very odd choice of clothing. A raincoat is a must, most of the days.
Held bêid tha Frya!

OLB 36:iii "Her garments of linen and wool she spun and wove herself."
OLB 36:iv "Upon that they bowed themselves before Adela, and kissed the hem of her garment."

See also, for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egtved_Girl

Held bêid tha Frya!

OLB 36:iii "Her garments of linen and wool she spun and wove herself."
OLB 36:iv "Upon that they bowed themselves before Adela, and kissed the hem of her garment."

See also, for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egtved_Girl
Apology that this post was delayed due to link. Sorry for the inconvenience. You will not have the same problem again.

https://frya.angelfire.com/A_New_Settlement_for_the_United_Kingdom.pdf

(i) The United Kingdom of the British Isles, or United Kingdom (UK), shall comprise the Kingdoms of England, Scotland and Ireland, Principality of Wales, the Crown Dependencies (Isle of Man and the Channel Islands of Guernsey and Jersey), plus the uninhabited island of Rockall. The Republic of Ireland, an artificial entity created along sectarian lines, shall be abolished and absorbed peacefully back into the UK.

Lol -- that's a good one

LOL, yes ... 'absorbed peacefully.' Yes, we've heard that one before ...

Sorry, Daughters of Frya, nothing against you.

Reactions: RJM
Thx, so does she only apply to earthlings?

Other planets would worship their own?

Btw, welcome to the fray, our primordial soup of contemplation in our corner of the net.
Thank you.

An interesting question. We have no evidence that life exists anywhere but the earth, so it may well be that the earth is unique.

Nature encompasses the whole universe, of course.

Ok...so the goddess is goddess of earth?

No hierarchy pr sisterarchy beyond our earth as part of universe?

Where does the goddesses empire, control, end? Earth? Atmosphere? Within gravitational oull?

Ok...so the goddess is goddess of earth?

No hierarchy pr sisterarchy beyond our earth as part of universe?

Where does the goddesses empire, control, end? Earth? Atmosphere? Within gravitational oull?
I don't think that's the best way of looking at it. The Goddess is Mother Nature.

We are told that the earth brought forth three daughters, who became the foremothers of humankind.

Ok, just trying to understand...so we have the goddess, mother nature, gaia...and nothing beyond earth?

Is mother nature sentient? Creator?

Back