Greetings

Ok, just trying to understand...so we have the goddess, mother nature, gaia...and nothing beyond earth?

Is mother nature sentient? Creator?
I don't know if there's any life beyond earth. There might be, or might not be.

The creative principal is the lifeforce, which brings matter to life, and brought the universe into being in the first place.

I'm not sure these are sentient though, in the way that we understand it.

I look forward to discussions about the similarities and differences between religious practices, a subject I've always been fascinated by. My own spirituality centres around the Goddess, and I'm now in my 21st year of dedication to her service.
Hi Daughters of Frya. I consider myself a Fundamental Christian and I would like to share some thoughts about Mother Earth and how she relates to the Bible.

First of all, Mother Earth is called Mystery Babylon in the Bible. And yes, many Christians view Mystery Babylon in a negative light. This is because they have not studied. They think the term 'Mother Earth' is pagan. It is not. The Bible teaches that Earth is our Mother. We were made from the dust of her ground.

Mother Earth was present in the Garden of Eden. Her Ovary is what the Bible calls 'The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil'. The Forbidden Fruit was an Ovum fertilized by the Serpent which produced a Zygote. When Adam and his Wife partook, they were conceived and incarnated into this world. Since we Christians believe that we came from Adam and Eve, this means that Mystery Babylon (Mother Earth) and the Serpent are our biological parents.

The World Egg that some believe created our Universe can also be compared to the Forbidden Fruit.

Although Mother Earth is destroyed in the Book of Revelation, she is ultimately 'saved'. She is alluded to by the term New Jerusalem, the 'Mother of us all'...

Galatians 4:26
"But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all."

Thus, the New Earth is our new Mother. New Jerusalem is her Womb. The Tree of Life are her Ovary, which are fertilized by the Water of Life that proceeds from the Masculine Throne. The Saved enter her 'Yoni Gates' and partake of the Ovary Tree and are Born Again, literally into new bodies.

Here you see she has a Menstrual Cycle...

Revelation 22:2
"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

Every month she has a new Ovum.

Anyhow, welcome!

You are gonna have to post some of that in the Christian section for discussion...from what I am reading that would make you a pretty esoteric metaphysical fundie.

I would be interested in what Bible interpretation you are using.

Sounds good. Here is the thread...

:)

Hi Daughters of Frya. I consider myself a Fundamental Christian and I would like to share some thoughts about Mother Earth and how she relates to the Bible.

First of all, Mother Earth is called Mystery Babylon in the Bible. And yes, many Christians view Mystery Babylon in a negative light. This is because they have not studied. They think the term 'Mother Earth' is pagan. It is not. The Bible teaches that Earth is our Mother. We were made from the dust of her ground.

Mother Earth was present in the Garden of Eden. Her Ovary is what the Bible calls 'The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil'. The Forbidden Fruit was an Ovum fertilized by the Serpent which produced a Zygote. When Adam and his Wife partook, they were conceived and incarnated into this world. Since we Christians believe that we came from Adam and Eve, this means that Mystery Babylon (Mother Earth) and the Serpent are our biological parents.

The World Egg that some believe created our Universe can also be compared to the Forbidden Fruit.

Although Mother Earth is destroyed in the Book of Revelation, she is ultimately 'saved'. She is alluded to by the term New Jerusalem, the 'Mother of us all'...

Galatians 4:26
"But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all."

Thus, the New Earth is our new Mother. New Jerusalem is her Womb. The Tree of Life are her Ovary, which are fertilized by the Water of Life that proceeds from the Masculine Throne. The Saved enter her 'Yoni Gates' and partake of the Ovary Tree and are Born Again, literally into new bodies.

Here you see she has a Menstrual Cycle...

Revelation 22:2
"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

Every month she has a new Ovum.

Anyhow, welcome!
Thank you for your welcome.

An interesting interpretation, for sure, but it still demotes Nature to subservient status, in need of saving. I don't believe any of us are in need of saving.

OLB 4:iv
"Wr-alda, who alone is eternal and good, made the beginning. Then commenced time. Time wrought all things, even the earth. The earth bore grass, herbs, and trees, all useful and all noxious animals. All that is good and useful she brought forth by day, and all that is bad and injurious by night."

I don't believe any of us are in need of saving.
Perhaps 'upgrade' is a more appropriate word.

Personally, I do not like feeling pain and getting weaker as my body grows older.

I am looking forward to something better.

Perhaps 'upgrade' is a more appropriate word.

Personally, I do not like feeling pain and getting weaker as my body grows older.

I am looking forward to something better.
I think it's far better to live the most useful life possible while you still can, than worrying about any possible afterlife.

I think it's far better to live the most useful life possible while you still can, than worrying about any possible afterlife.
There is wisdom in that approach, and a point often made by Jewish people, at least people I have spoken to.
Still, I can't help but think one of the attractions of religion is its offering a theory of what lies beyond this life.

There is wisdom in that approach, and a point often made by Jewish people, at least people I have spoken to.
Still, I can't help but think one of the attractions of religion is its offering a theory of what lies beyond this life.
Can't one do both?
i.e. live a useful life AND "fear G-d"

Back