Something wrong with Christianity?

I will be banned before any of this is complied with.
Please read the code of conduct and introduce yourself as asked.
Please alter your behavior to conform.
Please ignore your own statements to the contrary.

A return to topical context is possible once this is complied with.

It's fun how everyone has agreed I'm the problem.

It's that word conformity.

You have decided I'm an outsider that must be squashed.

Group think is a helluva drug.

It's fun how everyone has agreed I'm the problem.

It's that word conformity.

You have decided I'm an outsider that must be squashed.

Group think is a helluva drug.
It has to do with behavior and attitude
If everyone agrees with something, it's at least worth considering
Please see the admins

It has to do with behavior and attitude
If everyone agrees with something, it's at least worth considering
Please see the admins

The admins have contacted me, and I'm directly addressing a couple in this thread.

What will be special about the code of conduct here? They're standard across the internet, I do not purposely transgress but I refuse to not be authentic just because of a rule.

They d
They felt challenged by my welcome post, which derailed the thread.

I'm not going to talk about them in their absence.
Could be. Who knows.
Thoughtful of you. But I guess they were not absent.
Admins will deal with it I guess.

As for introductions, trying to summerize someone in a few paragraphs is an insane endeavor.

There is no combination of words that are actually relevant in describing me as a person, and listing things I like tells you nothing about me.

All that is really happening is a demand that I submit to being controlled.

If you ask me there is nothing more disgusting about society at large than the level of peer pressure it exerts on its members to accept a meaningless and worthless existence.

The admins have contacted me, and I'm directly addressing a couple in this thread.

What will be special about the code of conduct here? They're standard across the internet, I do not purposely transgress but I refuse to not be authentic just because of a rule.
It is quite simple, if you can't discuss without a level of decorum.

If your authentic is putting down others, you might not be a fit here....your choice.

Zero peer pressure here, if you can't follow our rules, you can't play in our sandbox.

Me thinks you have encountered this many times in your life...this is just another one.

It is quite simple, if you can't discuss without a level of decorum.

If your authentic is putting down others, you might not be a fit here....your choice.

Zero peer pressure here, if you can't follow our rules, you can't play in our sandbox.

Me thinks you have encountered this many times in your life...this is just another one.

How can you pretend there is no peer pressure here when you were part of it at the start of this thread?

Do you think you're a nice person?

Even in Hebrew scriptures we see things like Ezekiel 9:6-11 so it is not surprising God turned his back on them.
You're suggesting God is a contingent being, who changes His mind according to circumstance ... Scripture is more nuanced than that.

They had the Spirit from Pentecost, they did not need writings to get them to it.
The Apostles had the Spirit – the people listened and were 'confounded' (Acts 2:6), 'amazed' (v7) and 'astonished' (v12) when they heard the preaching ... the gospel ... which Peter then directed to the Jews as ones who should know better than the geltiles, and this is the gospel that Paul speaks about, that was abroad in the church before his conversion.

The letter is not Paul's gospel, the letter challenges, as you say, issues in the community, but from it we derive the essence of Paul's teaching.

This rendered the Christian understanding completely superficial as you've used it, yet you think this is deeper than the Stoic concept... it's just not.
If you think it superficial it's because I have not explained it in any great depth. You have to be aware of Jewish mystical speculation in John's era, then you's understand better.

Philo of Alexandria tried to build a bridge between Jewish concepts and the Greek.

John's use of Logos is utterly radical, to Greek ears and even, no dbout, Philo's. It's founded and directly references Genesis 1, and goes on from there to signal the Incarnation.

I've been wondering ... Matthew 7:3-5

You don't see the irony at all but this thread is full of people picking me apart with no basis...

How is all of that valid but me asking a simple question is problematic?

You're suggesting God is a contingent being, who changes His mind according to circumstance ... Scripture is more nuanced than that.

The rainbow is a sign that God changed his mind, that he regretted his actions... why do you think he cannot?

The Apostles had the Spirit – the people listened and were 'confounded' (Acts 2:6), 'amazed' (v7) and 'astonished' (v12) when they heard the preaching ... the gospel ... which Peter then directed to the Jews as ones who should know better than the geltiles, and this is the gospel that Paul speaks about, that was abroad in the church before his conversion.

I don't really understand what point you're making here, Galatians tells us it is that gospel and the fact it's still in the cannon means the others agreed... there is no way to get around that, but you can keep trying?

The letter is not Paul's gospel, the letter challenges, as you say, issues in the community, but from it we derive the essence of Paul's teaching.

Galatians 1:8 directly asserts that any GOSPEL contrary to it is cursed.

If you think it superficial it's because I have not explained it in any great depth. You have to be aware of Jewish mystical speculation in John's era, then you's understand better.

The thing is I have no respect for Jewish mysticism at all, and it's pretty normal for religions to claim their book is the manifestation of their guy... nothing about this is deep... but the Stoic concept of Logos is very profound.

Philo of Alexandria tried to build a bridge between Jewish concepts and the Greek.

The whole Jewish concept of monotheism comes from the Greeks, it never was before this interaction...

Earlier we just see a Henotheism, it just says don't worship other gods but the very way they talk about it shows there is no experiential reality that they're trying to portray. We also get a dualistic cosmology from the Zoroastrians, there is almost nothing unique in the Torah at all...

John's use of Logos is utterly radical, to Greek ears and even, no dbout, Philo's. It's founded and directly references Genesis 1, and goes on from there to signal the Incarnation.

So you're just not aware of the Stoic concept?

The rainbow is a sign that God changed his mind, that he regretted his actions... why do you think he cannot?
Prisms are amazing eh?
You are dismissive and arrogant, these are not nice qualities.
Practicing in the mirror again?

Isn't writing dismissive and arrogant dismissive and arrogant?

You have some interesting points, looks like could easily be some valuable discussion, but your bedside manner needs more work. So far it appears you don't have the intent or ability to stay around. I hope I am wrong.

Back