The way of the Peaceful Warrior

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I was reminded from another recently dredged up thread of old... of the Peaceful Warrior.

Dan Millmans book was made into a movie and I found both powerful and now think maybe it is time for a relook.

But it also made me consider technology and the possibility of watching together and discussing.

I'll post the link and Guage the interest.

I was reminded from another recently dredged up thread of old... of the Peaceful Warrior.

Dan Millmans book was made into a movie and I found both powerful and now think maybe it is time for a relook.

But it also made me consider technology and the possibility of watching together and discussing.

I'll post the link and Guage the interest.

Looks interesting. I love the checklist at the link:

* A warrior acts, a fool reacts.

* Some people live their whole lives without ever waking up.

* There is never nothing going on. There are no ordinary moments.

* Sometimes you have to lose your mind before you come to your senses.

* Everyone tells you what to do and what’s good for you. They don’t want you to find your own answers. They want you to believe theirs.

* You control you. Master you.

* Don’t fall into the trap — If only I had this, I’d be … If only … , I’d get to be happy.

* You can’t attain happiness, it attains you but only after you surrender everything else.

* Death isn’t sad. The sad thing is most people don’t live at all.

* Habit is the problem. All you need to do is be conscious about your choices and be responsible for your actions.

* It is better for you to take responsibility for your life as it is, instead of blaming others, or circumstances, for your predicament. As your eyes open, you’ll see that your state of health, happiness, and every circumstance of your life has been, in large part, arranged by you — consciously or unconsciously.

* Refine your senses a little more each day; stretch them, as you would in the gym. Finally, your awareness will pierce deeply into your body and into the world. Then you’ll think less and feel more. That way you’ll enjoy even the simplest things in life—no longer addicted to achievement or expensive entertainments.

* Keep a sense of humour, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure.

* People are afraid of what’s inside and that’s the only place they’re ever gonna find what they need.

* Don’t pin your success on outcomes.

* There is no better, you will never be better. Same way you’ll never be less than anybody else.
If you don’t get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don’t want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can’t hold on to it forever.

* Make every move about the move — that one moment in time.

* The peaceful warriors’ way is not about invulnerability, but absolute vulnerability, to the world, to life

* Where are you? Here. What time is it? Now. What are you? This Moment.

Back