Interfaith Quotes

« I am not the first Buddha, nor shall I be the last. In due time, another BUDDHA shall arise in the world, a holy one... He will reveals to you the same eternal truths wich I have taught you... »

- Buddha

Buddhism.jpg

« Certainly they disbelieve who say : "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ : "O Children of Israel ! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah, - Allah will forbid him the Garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. »

- Muhammad
Christianity.jpg

« He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. »

- Revelation

« The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God. »

- Isaïah

« Say: By the righteousness of the Almighty! The measure of the favors of God hath been filled up, His Word hath been perfected, the light of His countenance hath been revealed, His sovereignty hath encompassed the whole of creation, the glory of His Revelation hath been made manifest, and His bounties have rained upon all mankind. »

- Baha'u'llah

The Greatest Name - BAHA.jpg

If you want to promote Baha'i... you should do it in the Baha'i section...this is an interfaith board... this site is about discussing your belief system inside of that belief system and definitely not proslytizing... I am sure you read the introduction, do not be surprised if admin decides to move or delete any of your posts. We that are here are well versed on Baha'i as there are respectful Baha'i followers that participate.

I don't feel that Unity is doing anything wrong here.
It is simply a request... I was hoping people would reach beyond their own religion, and strive to find quotes from other beliefs that were interfaith... In an attempt to further personal growth, exploration and understanding.

A Baha'i cutting and pasting from a Baha'i website provides neither...

But you can't always get what you wa ant....

Am moving the original 'Interfaith Quotes' to its own thread, to avoid it getting mixed up with politics, etc ...

Reactions: wil
Religion is not objective, there’s no proof for it. Yet, as Kierkegaard has pointed out, if you could, there would be no room for faith.
"Thy will not my will, even though you slay me, still will I love Thee, show me the way"
(Charles Findlay)

A person who has had a religious or spiritual experience or felt the touch of God, knows what it is, and nobody can shake it, especially atheists trying to poo-poo it away as imagination or whatever. It is the true reality. Faith is knowing that whatever I am going through, God is always there. The sin of the Israelites was lack of faith, in spite of all God had done, imo

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil."

Proverbs 3:5-7

'God' or spirit is the true eternal reality that weaves the ever changing 'maya' reality of nature, time and space, that ends in death. A person who has experienced the touch of the spirit, knows it, and hopes for nothing else?

Last edited:
From I Ching: The Great Treatise

The Book of Changes contains the measure of heaven and earth; therefore it enables us to comprehend the tao of heaven and earth and its order.

Looking upward we comprehend with its help the signs of the heavens, looking down we examine the lines of the earth. Thus we come to know the circumstances of dark and light. Going back to the beginning of things and pursuing them to the end, we come to know the lessons of birth and death. The union of seed and power produces all things; the escape of the soul brings about change. Through this we come to know the conditions of outgoing and returning spirits.

Since in this way man comes to resemble heaven and earth, he is not in conflict with them. His wisdom embraces all things, and his tao brings order into the whole world; therefore he does not err. He is active everywhere but does not let himself be carried away. He rejoices in heaven and has knowledge of fate, therefore he is free of care. He is content with his circumstances and genuine in his kindness, therefore he can practice love.

In it are included the forms and the scope of everything in the heavens and on earth, so that nothing escapes it. In it all things everywhere are completed, so that none is missing. Therefore by means of it we can penetrate the tao of day and night, and so understand it. Therefore the spirit is bound to no one place, not the Book of Changes to any one form.

That which lets now the yin (yielding), now the yang (firm) appear is tao.

As continuer it is good. As completer it is the essence.

The kind man discovers it and calls it kind. The wise man discovers it and calls it wise. The people use it day by day and are not aware of it, for the way of the superior man is rare.

It manifests itself in kindness but conceals its workings. It gives life to all things but it does not share the anxieties of the holy sage. Its glorious power, its great field of action, are of all things the most sublime.

It possesses everything in complete abundance: this is its great field of action. It renews everything daily: this is its glorious power.

As begetter of all begetting, it is called change.

As that which creates the primal images, it is called the Creative; as that which imitates them it is called the Receptive.

In that it serves for exploring the laws of number and thus for knowing the future, it is called revelation. In that it serves to infuse an organic coherence into the changes, it is called the work.

That aspect of it that cannot be fathomed in terms of the yang and yin is called spirit.

In a state of rest the Creative (yang) is one, and in a state of motion it is straight; therefore it creates that which is great. The Receptive (yin) is closed in a state of rest, and in a state of motion it opens; therefore it creates that which is vast.

(Chapters four and five, Richard Wilhelm translation)

Last edited:
Back