Jesus Christ, he will return?

I tend to belive this also, that Christ will not return in the flesh. Christ returns daily, to those who believe in him. Christ is present daily for those that believe in him.

Do​
the events associated with Christ’s presence take place in a very brief time or over a period of years?

Matt. 24:37-39: "Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence ["coming," RS, TEV; "presence," Yg, Ro, ED; Greek, pa·rou·si´a] of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (The events of "the days of Noah" that are described here took place over a period of many years. Jesus compared his presence with what occurred back then.)

mee said:
Do​
the events associated with Christ’s presence take place in a very brief time or over a period of years?

Matt. 24:37-39: "Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence ["coming," RS, TEV; "presence," Yg, Ro, ED; Greek, pa·rou·si´a] of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (The events of "the days of Noah" that are described here took place over a period of many years. Jesus compared his presence with what occurred back then.)

According to scripture...one day.

v/r

Q

Postmaster said:
...Ok, it is said that history repeats itself...
Hi Postmaster,

This is a topic I have been thinking about recently...
All religious scriptures describe the event surrounding the coming of the promised messiah/prophet as gloriously extravagant displays of what would be obvious to all, but yet the reality is that no prophet has been accompanied by these literal events. The glory described in the scriptures is of a spiritual nature, only those with spiritual eyes/insight are able to recognize them in the garment of a humble servant.

What if, our ancestors were the recipients of the second coming? What if they failed to recognize Him? What if they did everything they could to extinguish His Faith? How would you know? Judaism is still waiting for His first coming.
1844 is known to history as the year of the Great Disappointment. Expectation was high among followers of all religions in the early 1800's, that the One foretold in their scriptures was about to arrive. Thousands of people sold all of their belongings and waited on hilltops (in New England) for the glorious displays of scriptural reference. Dates were revised, again and again, culminating in 1844. Only to be disappointed, hence the name.

what if, events were unfolding half way around the world, just like they did 2000 years ago, while people were expecting one thing, God was doing what He does best.

On May 24, 1844. William Morse sent the first telegraph message "What hath God wrought?" from the old Supreme Court chamber in the United States Capitol to his partner in Baltimore.

If God is consistent, and I believe He is, it may be prudent to look with an open mind to recent history and ask God to grant us spiritual eyes/insight to assist us in our search. "ask and ye shall receive"

I'm aware that the NT says that "all eyes shall see him", but if that is to be a literal fulfillment, then why does it also say "unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time." ? If all eyes shall see him, why would we have to look? On the surface this appears to be a contradiction, how can they both be true? Maybe the eyes in this statement is referring to those with spiritual eyes. (there are numerous references to spiritual eyes, "he that has eyes and cannot see" etc.) the second verse seems to be clear that if we want to see him, we have to look for him. It's our choice, we can take a chance and wait and watch, or we can be safe and make an effort to seek him, wherever that may lead. That way, even if all eyes do see him literally, the time we spend on our quest will be strengthening our own personal relationship with God. And that is always a good thing.

Have a wonderful day!

Loving Greetings, Amy

If you believe in the resurrection than you have to believe He will come in the flesh...because He is now in the flesh.. If you believe that He returns to rule His kingdom on earth than you have to believe that it will be in the flesh because the earth is still a physical place. If you do not believe these things than you can not be reading the bible and believing it as the Word of God.

Faithful, if you believe that Jesus will return in the flesh, how then will he come? Will he be born of woman again, grow up and begin to preach? Will he suddenly appear in a person already alive and here on earth or do you see him as coming out of the sky in flesh form?

didymus said:
Faithful, if you believe that Jesus will return in the flesh, how then will he come? Will he be born of woman again, grow up and begin to preach? Will he suddenly appear in a person already alive and here on earth or do you see him as coming out of the sky in flesh form?
He is already in the flesh.. He was in the flesh when he ascended into heaven after his resurrection in His new body. I cannot imagine how glorious His coming will be so I imagine it will be just like the bible says

Rev 19:11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

Zech 14:4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And theMount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south. 5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake In the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the Lord my God will come, And all the saints with You.* 6 It shall come to pass in that day That there will be no light; The lights will diminish. 7 It shall be one day Which is known to the Lord-- Neither day nor night. But at evening time it shall happen That it will be light.

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

Faithfulservant said:
He is already in the flesh.. He was in the flesh when he ascended into heaven after his resurrection in His new body. I cannot imagine how glorious His coming will be so I imagine it will be just like the bible says

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.
it all looks good to me faithful, except it only works for people who believe in the whole bible. LOL
yes we do get flesh bodies, but they are immortal bodies just like Jesus...walk through walls. YIPPEEE:)

Well that will be quite the event. I keep an open mind and will never say that it can't be so. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I do beleive though that that prophecy is loaded with symbolism, i don't think that someone is literally going to appear on a white horse with flaming eyes and a sword in their mouth. we need to look at what the white horse represent, the sword of truth etc.

The rule of literalism.

The Bible is to be taken literally unless it is using symbols or a figure of speech.

Figures of speech

A figure of speech is an expression implying an idea other than what is actually stated. Five kinds of figurative language are prevalent in Scripture.

1. Metaphor. The most common kind of figure in Scripture is the metaphor, backbone of Hebrew poetry. No less than six metaphors occur in a single verse (Psa., 18:2). A metaphor speaks of an equivalence when there is no more than a resemblance. God is not a high tower; He merely in some ways resembles one.
  2. Metonymy. Metonymy is the substitution of a related concept for the intended concept. We find examples in 1 Thessalonians 5:19 ("the Spirit" is substituted for His activity or manifestations), Isaiah 22:22 ("key" replaces the broader idea of authority), and Luke 16:29 (Moses and the prophets stand in place of their writings). In all these cases, the literal meaning is false or impossible.
  3. Synecdoche. Synecdoche is another kind of substitution—in this case, a part for the whole or a whole for the part, as when Jesus says, "The Son of man hath not where to lay his head" (Matt. 8:20). For other examples, see Judges 12:7; and Acts 27:37.
  4. Ellipsis. An ellipsis is an abbreviated expression that requires the reader to supply the missing words. Taken literally, an ellipsis might be nonsensical. In 1 Corinthians 3:2, for instance, the writer does not mean that he refrained from giving them meat to drink. Of similar nature are the expressions we find in Luke 1:64 and Psalm 74:7 (in the latter case, the translators supplied the omitted words).
  5. Hyperbole. Hyperbole is rhetorical overstatement, a fairly common device in the Bible (Gen. 22:17; Deut. 1:28; 2 Chron. 28:4; S. of S. 4:4).
Recognizing figures of speech

How can we tell when Scripture is using a figure of speech? Generally, an expression should be taken figuratively if it falls in one of three categories.

1. The literal meaning is impossible. A simple example appears in Psalm 5:9. A throat cannot be a sepulchre.
  2. The literal meaning is possible, but probably never true. We find a figure of this type in Psalm 25:15. It is not impossible that my feet would, under peculiar circumstances, become entangled in a net and that the Lord would deliver me from it. But the psalmist is not talking about a real net. He is referring to any trap set by an enemy.
  3. The literal meaning is trivial. A good example is the metaphor in Isaiah 55:1-2. There is no logical difficulty in supposing that the prophet is calling people to buy food and drink, but to view the passage in this way trivializes it and misses the point. The prophet has a spiritual message here. He wants us to forsake worldly things for the eternal things that yield true satisfaction.
Symbolism

Symbolism presents somewhat thornier problems. Probably the clearest example of symbolism in Scripture is the mysterious drama in Revelation 12:1-6. Another clear example is the Parable of the Sower (Matt. 13:1-9, 18-23). From examination of these and other cases, we arrive at some principles governing Biblical symbolism.

1. When the Bible uses symbolism, it alerts the reader to the nature of what he is reading. Jesus Himself gives a full explanation of the Parable of the Sower. From His treatment of this parable, we infer that we can treat other parables in the same manner. Revelation 12 begins by identifying the woman clothed with the sun as "a great wonder in heaven." "Wonder" is simply the word "sign," or "symbol."
  2. In Biblical symbolism, each element corresponds to something real. In the Parable of the Sower, everything Jesus says has a meaning. There is no meaningless detail. Likewise in the pageant of Revelation 12, the woman, the dragon, the stars, the deeds of the actors—all have prophetic significance.
  3. The Bible interprets its own symbolism. Who is the woman clothed with the sun? Her setting in the midst of the sun, the moon, and twelve stars recalls the dream of Joseph (Gen. 37:9-10), which used similar imagery to signify the family of Jacob. We conclude that the woman is Israel. Who is the dragon? The Book of Revelation says he is Satan (Rev. 20:2).
  4. Biblical symbols are always appropriate. We said earlier that leaven represents sin. Consider what leaven is. The chemical reactions that cause a lump of dough to rise are the work of minute vegetable organisms called yeast, a type of fungus. A distinctive property of all fungi is their lack of chlorophyll. As nongreen plants, they are incapable of making their own food. They must draw nourishment from other organisms, whether living or dead. Yeast is a fungus that, in feeding itself, converts bread sugars into alcohol (which disappears during baking) and carbon dioxide, a gas. Notice that the leavening effect of the yeast depends on its destruction of a nourishing and flavorful food substance. As an agent of destruction and decay, leaven is a fitting symbol for something evil.
Violations

The last rule is an effective weapon against many false interpretations. Leading evangelicals scholars treat large portions of the Bible as mere metaphor or symbolism. They especially resist a literal interpretation of the creation account in Genesis, or of the prophecies in Daniel and Revelation. But if we use the criteria already stated, we find that metaphorical and symbolic interpretations do not fit.

1. We cannot conclude that they are metaphorical unless their literal sense is impossible, untrue, or trivial. But God could, if He wanted, create the world in six days. He could build a city out of gold. The majority of believing Christians have never found any difficulty in the literal sense of these disputed passages.
  2. We cannot conclude that they are symbolic unless we find meaning in the details. But virtually none of the details in the creation account have meaning if it is not literally true. It is just a nice story with hardly any connections to fact. Likewise for Bible prophecy. Either it is literally true, or it has almost no content with specific meaning.
Christ, the glorious Head of the church, is described as on a white horse, the emblem of justice and holiness. He has many crowns, for he is King of kings, and Lord of lords. He is arrayed in a vesture dipped in his own blood, by which he purchased his power as Mediator; and in the blood of his enemies, over whom he always prevails. His name is "The Word of God;" a name none fully knows but himself; only this we know, that this Word was God manifest in the flesh; but his perfections cannot be fully understood by any creature. Angels and saints follow, and are like Christ in their armour of purity and righteousness. The threatenings of the written word he is going to execute on his enemies. The ensigns of his authority are his name; asserting his authority and power, warning the most powerful princes to submit, or they must fall before him. The powers of earth and hell make their utmost effort. These verses declare important events, foretold by the prophets. These persons were not excused because they did what their leaders bade them. How vain will be the plea of many sinners at the great day! We followed our guides; we did as we saw others do! God has given a rule to walk by, in his word; neither the example of the most, nor of the chief, must influence us contrary thereto: if we do as the most do, we must go where the most go, even into the burning lake.

The great thing about Gods mastermind.. the bible is that you can find verses for everything else somewhere in the bible...might I also remind you that the creation of the universe was spoken into existance which shows how physical the spoken Word of God is.

Eph 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is God's word.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

We know white symbolizes holiness and righteousness and Christ leading his army in on a white horse is not so far fetched... but if you want to look at what the bible says about horses let me list some verses for you to look at....

Job 39:19-25, Jer 4:13, Isa 5:28, Jer 8:16, Psalms 33:17, Prov 21:31, Zech 14:20, Jer 46:4, Zech 1:8, 2 Kings 23:11, Rev 6:2-8, 9:17,19:11-21

His eyes were as a flame of fire
Which denotes the perspicuity and penetration of them, the omniscience of Christ to look into and discover the secret machinations, schemes, and devices of his enemies against his people, and his exercise of it in favour of them, his eyes, like a flame of fire, running to and fro on their behalf; and also this may signify the fierceness of his anger against the enemies of his people, the eyes of his glory being provoked by their cruelty and wickedness; and likewise the suddenness of their destruction, and the inevitableness of it.

Rev 1:14 His head and hair were white like wool--white as snow, His eyes like a fiery flame,

Rev 2:18 "To the angel of the church in Thyatira write: "The Son of God, the One whose eyes are like a fiery flame, and whose feet are like fine bronze says:

Its all in the bible.. theres no need to second guess or take anyone elses word for it. If you truly wanted to know you would open the pages and begin to read it in faith rather than in criticism looking to find falseness or inaccuracy. The bible will meet any test given but you have to know the bible and not just parts of it.

Faithful, thanks for the reply. I must tell you I am very familiar with many parts of the Bible and do not read it from a critical standpoint only. For years I did not question anything i read lest I be sent to hell. I have begun to read it from a more critical stance just recently and my eyes are opened wide.
You say put the Bible to the test, I did and it would get a barely passing grade if graded by consistency and accuracy of events. I still believe in Jesus and what he stood for. Jesus has not failed any test at all. Jesus is innocent of the crimes portrayed in his name. The real crime is that those after his death wrested his message of faithfulness to God and the kingdom of God and turned it into an exclusive religion that condemns everybody outside of it to hell.

Its very sad because I believe satan has worked with you through fear and now doubt.. I'll pray for you.

You still have yet proven any inaccuracy and Im fairly educated in scripture.. I think if you found an i undotted you would call that disproof of its legitimacy. You have already intimated a disbelief of the deity of Christ, His sacrifice for us, that He is the only way to heaven and His resurrection; in my eyes that makes you devoid of the Spirit of Truth.. whether He be quenched or purely absent is not mine to know. You have made bogus claims of scriptural meanings that are not biblical in any way.

It isnt possible to understand the Bible without the Spirit interpreting it for you. When you deny Christ you deny God and The Spirit... there are three witnesses in heaven The Father.. The Spirit.. and The Word.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

Faithfulservant said:
If you believe in the resurrection than you have to believe He will come in the flesh...because He is now in the flesh.. If you believe that He returns to rule His kingdom on earth than you have to believe that it will be in the flesh because the earth is still a physical place. If you do not believe these things than you can not be reading the bible and believing it as the Word of God.

Was​
Jesus raised in a body of flesh, and does he have such a body in heaven now?

1 Pet. 3:18: "Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, that he might lead you to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit ["by the Spirit," KJ; "in the spirit," RS, NE, Dy, JB]." (At his resurrection from the dead, Jesus was brought forth with a spirit body. In the Greek text the words "flesh" and "spirit" are put in contrast to each other, and both are in the dative case; so, if a translator uses the rendering "by the spirit" he should also consistently say "by the flesh," or if he uses "in the flesh" he should also say "in the spirit.")​

Acts 10:40, 41: "God raised this One [Jesus Christ] up on the third day and granted him to become manifest, not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God." (Why did not others see him too? Because he was a spirit creature and when, as angels had done in the past, he materialized fleshly bodies to make himself visible, he did so only in the presence of his disciples.)​

1 Cor. 15:45: "It is even so written: ‘The first man Adam became a living soul.’ The last Adam [Jesus Christ, who was perfect as was Adam when created] became a life-giving spirit."​

What​
does Luke 24:36-39 mean regarding the body in which Jesus was resurrected?

Luke 24:36-39: "While they [the disciples] were speaking of these things he himself stood in their midst and said to them: ‘May you have peace.’ But because they were terrified, and had become frightened, they were imagining they beheld a spirit. So he said to them: ‘Why are you troubled, and why is it doubts come up in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; feel me and see, because a spirit does not have flesh and bones just as you behold that I have.’"​

Humans cannot see spirits, so the disciples evidently thought they were seeing an apparition or a vision. (Compare Mark 6:49, 50.) Jesus assured them that he was no apparition; they could see his body of flesh and could touch him, feeling the bones; he also ate in their presence. Similarly, in the past, angels had materialized in order to be seen by men; they had eaten, and some had even married and fathered children. (Gen. 6:4; 19:1-3) Following his resurrection, Jesus did not always appear in the same body of flesh (perhaps to reinforce in their minds the fact that he was then a spirit), and so he was not immediately recognized even by his close associates. (John 20:14, 15; 21:4-7) However, by his repeatedly appearing to them in materialized bodies and then saying and doing things that they would identify with the Jesus they knew, he strengthened their faith in the fact that he truly had been resurrected from the dead.​

If the disciples had actually seen Jesus in the body that he now has in heaven, Paul would not later have referred to the glorified Christ as being "the exact representation of [God’s] very being," because God is a Spirit and has never been in the flesh.—Heb. 1:3; compare 1 Timothy 6:16.​

When reading the reports of Jesus’ postresurrection appearances, we are helped to understand them properly if we keep in mind 1 Peter 3:18 and 1 Corinthians 15:45

Faithful, well thanks for your honesty. I don't believe satan is influencing me whatsoever. As far as my putting forth claims of inaccuracy I have done so numerous times only to be answered by "you're reading it wrong", or " you have to have faith in that part", or this is my favorite, "when we die we'll know why it says that."
At the end of the day it doesn't matter much because you believe what you believe and I what I believe. As long as you have peace in your heart than that is all that counts.

I'll just say this without referring to any Bible verses to back it up. God is bigger and greater than anybody can fathom or put in a book. Every idea or vision or prophecy made by man and put down on paper was written by man. It may have been inspired by God and the connection they had with God but they wrote it. God didn't. Man put the pen to paper. And as holy and righteous as any man since the history of time has been they haven't been God.

The thing about Jesus is this. He didn't write one thing in the Bible. He never said he was God. When I remark about the Bible being off it is not a statement against Christ. Like I said he didn't write it. The truth shall be revealed to all of us. I believe there is a seat in heaven for all who are good and God loving people and I believe we'll see jesus up there too.

I pray that all would have a place in the eternal realm, I wouldn't wish hell on anybody. I don't care what they did. Sometimes the way you guys sling the hell ideas around I would swear that you like it.

didymus said:
...The thing about Jesus is this. He didn't write one thing in the Bible. He never said he was God. When I remark about the Bible being off it is not a statement against Christ. Like I said he didn't write it. The truth shall be revealed to all of us. I believe there is a seat in heaven for all who are good and God loving people and I believe we'll see jesus up there too.

I pray that all would have a place in the eternal realm, I wouldn't wish hell on anybody. I don't care what they did. Sometimes the way you guys sling the hell ideas around I would swear that you like it.
Jesus said "I am who AM". Anyone else ever take on that title? Jesus wrote in the sand, and others witnessed it, just before He did a miracle. The Bible states clearly that being good isn't good enough. It states one must accept the Son as the Savior. These aren't personal interpretations, they are extrapolated straight from the words written in scripture. You are arguing with authors who left their mark thousands of years ago...barking up the wrong tree.

No one is slinging hell anywhere. But slinging contempt is another matter...very un Christian like, for us all. So I suggest we all breath.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Jesus said "I am who AM". Anyone else ever take on that title? Jesus wrote in the sand, and others witnessed it, just before He did a miracle.

Q
According to whom?

John 20:28-29

"And Thomas answered and said to him, `My Lord and my God!' Jesus said to him, 'Thomas, because you have seen Me you have believed. Blessed are they who have not seen and have believed'."
"Behold, He comes with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, and those who pierced Him will see Him, and all the kindreds of the earth will wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
(Rev 1:7-8)

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, the First and the Last."
"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify these things to you over the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright and Morning Star."
(Rev 22:13 & 16)

" Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.
Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip?
He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father?"
(John 14:8-9)

Sounds to me like Jesus himself was saying He was God.

Mee.. in response to the watchtower handbook as to whether Jesus resurrected in the flesh I would like you to look at these.

Peter insisted that His flesh has not seen corruption.

acts 2:31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

writing after the resurrection John declared that Jesus came and remained the flesh.

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God

2 John 7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Christ Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an anti-christ.

The body that emerged from the tomb on Easter morning was seen.

Matthew 28:17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

heard...

John 20:15-16 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away." Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher).

and even touched.....

Matthew 28:9 And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, "Rejoice!" So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.

on many occasions after the resurrection...

Jesus ate food at least four times after the resurrection.

Luke 24:30 Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them.

Luke 24:42-43 So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb. And He took it and ate in their presence.

Acts 1:4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me;

He also showed His crucifixion scars on two occasions once challenging doubting Thomas

John 20:27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

Now.. do these sound like things spirits do? I think also an amazing thing to note is that these people worshipped Jesus... these are God fearing people who wouldnt dare worship anyone other than God for fear of His wrath. Jesus is worthy of worship.. that must mean he felt He was God.

1 Pet. 3:18: "Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, that he might lead you to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit ["by the Spirit," KJ; "in the spirit," RS, NE, Dy, JB]." (At his resurrection from the dead, Jesus was brought forth with a spirit body. In the Greek text the words "flesh" and "spirit" are put in contrast to each other, and both are in the dative case; so, if a translator uses the rendering "by the spirit" he should also consistently say "by the flesh," or if he uses "in the flesh" he should also say "in the spirit.")​

Acts 10:40, 41: "God raised this One [Jesus Christ] up on the third day and granted him to become manifest, not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God." (Why did not others see him too? Because he was a spirit creature and when, as angels had done in the past, he materialized fleshly bodies to make himself visible, he did so only in the presence of his disciples.)​

1 Cor. 15:45: "It is even so written: ‘The first man Adam became a living soul.’ The last Adam [Jesus Christ, who was perfect as was Adam when created] became a life-giving spirit."​
I have been reading up JW and how its interesting that they invented a present participle in Greek that any non-Christian Greek scholar could tell you is "made up" I would be careful in using WT handbooks and their use of greek translations.

Being put to death in the flesh (qanatwqeiß men sarki). First aorist passive participle of qanatow, old verb (from qanatoß death), to put to death. Sarki is locative case of sarx. But quickened in the spirit (zwopoihqeiß de pneumati). First aorist passive participle of zwopoiew rare (Aristotle) verb (from zwopoioß making alive), to make alive. The participles are not antecedent to apeqanen, but simultaneous with it. There is no such construction as the participle of subsequent action. The spirit of Christ did not die when his flesh did, but "was endued with new and greater powers of life"

Reading the following we see that there were more than disciples who witnessed Christ in the flesh after the resurrection.

1. His Appearence To Mary Magdalene
Mark 16:9 [Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons.

2. His Appearence To A Group Of Women Between The Tomb And The City
Matt 28:9 And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.

3. His Appearence To Two Disciples On Their Way To Emmaus
Luke 24:15 And it came about that while they were conversing and discussing, Jesus Himself approached, and [began] traveling with them.

4. His Appearance To Simon
Luke 24:34 saying, "The Lord has really risen, and has appeared to Simon."

5. His Appearance To A Group Of Disciples
Luke 24:36 And while they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst.

6. His Appearance A Week Later To Disciples Behind Closed Doors
John 20:26 And after eight days again His disciples were inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst, and said, "Peace [be] with you."

7. His Appearance By The Sea Of Tiberias
John 21:1 After these things Jesus manifested Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and He manifested [Himself] in this way.

8. His Appearance To More Than Five Hundred At The Same Time
1Cor 15:6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep;

9. His Appearance To James
1Cor 15:7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles;

10. His Appearance To The Eleven On A Mountain in Galilee
Matt 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

11. His Appearance In The Vicinity Of Bethany
Luke 24:50-51 And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. 51 And it came about that while He was blessing them, He parted from them.

The Women Clasped A Physical Body
Matt 28:9 And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.

He Manifest Physical Abilities
Luke 24:30 And it came about that when He had reclined [at the table] with them, He took the bread and blessed [it,] and breaking [it,] He [began] giving [it] to them.

He Stated That He Was Not A Spirit
Luke 24:36 And while they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst. 37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. 38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40 [And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.] 41 And while they still could not believe [it] for joy and were marveling, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" 42 And they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43 and He took it and ate [it] before them.

12. His Appearance To Paul
1Cor 15:8 and last of all, as it were to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

I must also ask that read further in 1 Corinthians..(ive said it before how the worst thing they did was seperate scripture into verse and chapter).

1 Cor 15: 45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear

then we have this earlier in the chapter

1 Cor 15:22 For just as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.

Who other than God is Lord?

Back