Foxhunting to be banned

brian

Administrator
Veteran Member
Reaction score
At last, a ban on foxhunting in England and Wales is likely to eventually make it into legislations:

Hunting ban 'likely' by 2005

There have been a number of votes against it before - but all scuppered through some technical twist or other. Now the government seems finally resolved to ban this bloodsport in England and Wales (it is already banned in Scotland by the Scottish Parliament).

Let's hope this time they make it through. It will be interesting to see how it fairs against the House of Lords in practical terms, especially with full threat of the Parliament Act being thrown before the Lords.

I heard this and it's great news! I mean, how many times has this gone to the vote already and *still* not become law? It's ridiculous that bloodsports are banned for all the English classes except the upper class! Too right that's it's being addressed at last and in finality.

It's certainly stirring up some strong feelings. Who would have thought that banning bloodpsorts could arise such passions?

Then again, I'm sure similar things were said about cock-fighting, bear baiting, etc.

Would a hunt ban work?

Excellent!

Um . . . "pink sausage-fighting?" I know our British cousins have some peculiar ideas about sport, but . . . pink sausage fighting?

Could you elucidate, please, for the sake of a curious and unenlightened colonial?

Ah - :-[

That's because it's a censored word in the forum software itself. I had listed c-o-c-k to be censored via word replacement. Pink sausage is the replacement. :)

So I was discussing c-o-c-k fighting - which, of course, is a bloodsport involving male chickens fighting one another.

As for "pink sausage fighting" - the mind can only boggle, if it dares go that far. ;D

Sorry for the confusion, folks. :)

Shame. Pink sausage fighting sounds better! *smiles*

Back