Public Evangelization

Christians were commanded to go out into the world to share the good news as the Great Commission.
Christians are not the only ones, Muslims and Bahais too.
One has to tell a lie a hundred times to make it into truth.
Advertisers know it well. Keep badgering till the opposition capitulates.

Trying to be the Gospel, to live the Gospel and trying to be the change we want to see, is where I think evangelisation works.
It works and then creates problems - Sudan, Papua New Guinea, India/Pakistan/Kashmir, Israel.
Don't overdo it. (Wearing the prophetic cloak) It is going to happen in other places too.

Papua New Guinea

I get the other ones you listed, but why did you list Papua New Guinea? Besides the fact that it was colonized, of course. But that wasn't really an attempt to evangelize.

Atheist mention what science says and they ask for evidence before believing.
We have a local atheist group that actually does try to proselytize and recruit members. Overall, they're not nice folks, and are just out for press attention. For them, its not about science, its about attention, bullying and getting a laugh at the expense of others.

Before Covid hit, they were doing a song and dance where they'd request to do an... invocation? Blessing? Can't remember what they termed it, but basically say some encouraging words from an atheist framework in place of where prayer was offered at City Council meetings. Our city enthusiastically encouraged them to do so. When the big night came, the Council People(and crowd) found they'd also brought a news crew, and despite receiving good feedback from the Councilfolks for doing this, they were going around trying to pick fights, and trying to bait out 'resistance'!

Then they started attempting to do the same in neighboring cities. After seeing what happened here, all the other cities opted to just stop the opening prayers rather than give these showmen the attention they were seeking.

So, I don't think all atheists are above proselytizing. My atheist uncle laughs at how many atheists have made a religion out of it.

Atheist mention what science says and they ask for evidence before believing.
Atheist Believe what they want science to say, and without real evidence. There is no hard evidence to show how the universe and life started by natural causes. So your science hangs on beliefs and conflicting theories.

We have had this conversation a few times.

So, I don't think all atheists are above proselytizing.

Yup. Some atheists seem to consider it a personal affront that other people are religious. And there are others who think that religion is a force for evil and actively want to destroy it. It definitely isn't most atheists who are like that, but they exist!

Last edited:
So, I don't think all atheists are above proselytizing. My atheist uncle laughs at how many atheists have made a religion out of it.
Yeah, atheism is part of my religion, but I keep it limited to Forums.
So your science hangs on beliefs and conflicting theories.
Conflicting theories are a way of science and the way to knowledge, rather than what is written in ancient books. We know what we do not know, and do not hide it.

Reactions: RJM
Then they started attempting to do the same in neighboring cities. After seeing what happened here, all the other cities opted to just stop the opening prayers rather than give these showmen the attention they were seeking.
Kudos, allowing opening prayers in a secular public forum in evangelism

Kudos, allowing opening prayers in a secular public forum in evangelism
As long as its open to all (and in this case, it really was), I don't have a problem.

If folks start telling certain groups no, its an issue.

Back