Muslim Reformers

Why should one side be required to box according to the rules, and the other be allowed by alleged victim status to hit below the belt?
Did I say that anyone should box?
I said they should look into the mirror. You shouldn't box a mirror...

Reactions: RJM
I apologize for reacting here on the Israel Gaza situation. It doesn't get us anywhere and I don't think it benefits the forum

Last edited:
The movement initiated by reform-minded Muslims around 2015 continues to evolve, with ongoing efforts to promote a peaceful, just, and inclusive interpretation of Islam. While progress has been made in raising awareness and advocating for reforms within Muslim communities, challenges remain, including resistance from conservative factions and the need for broader societal acceptance. Despite obstacles, proponents remain committed to advancing their vision of Islam rooted in principles of peace, social justice, human rights, and gender equality.

Is there a difference between Islamist and Muslim?
Yep. Islamists threaten all Muslim who don't share their ideology. I would hesitate to publish with my real name here on this forum because my approach and my findings on the Message we received are very much opposed to theirs, so that I would likely end up in their elimination list.

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Closing-of-the-Muslim-Mind/Robert-R-Reilly/9781610170024

"Islam's Intellectual Suicide—and the Threat to Us All
People are shocked and frightened by the behavior coming out the Islamic world—not only because it is violent, but also because it is seemingly inexplicable. While there are many answers to the question of “what went wrong” in the Muslim world, no one has decisively answered why it went wrong. Until now.

In this eye-opening new book, foreign policy expert Robert R. Reilly uncovers the root of our contemporary crisis: a pivotal struggle waged within the Muslim world nearly a millennium ago. In a heated battle over the role of reason, the side of irrationality won. The deformed theology that resulted, Reilly reveals, produced the spiritual pathology of Islamism, and a deeply dysfunctional culture."
I didn't read that book.

It's true that Islam had its time of splendor before 1300 CE, with great theological scholars from Hasan al-Basri, Abu l-Hudhail, Al-Ghazali, Ibn Rushd until Rumi, and the splendor of Islam was suffocated by the intolerance towards free thinking. The same happened also in the same time in the Christian part of Europe.

The difference was that the Christian rulers gained in power and became more and more hypocrite, reigning against all Jesus said, whereas the Islamic powers were in a defensive situation and held tight to the interpretation of the Shariah to keep their legitimacy in the land.
Finally, the Islamic countries were colonised by European powers.

Islamism is an answer to colonialism. It's the rejection of all that has come over the people from abroad. There's no distinction between good and evil, it's rather an "ours minus theirs".
Many present militia leaders and governours nowadays draw from this feeling for their own benefit, but some really believe that to be the most precious.

I understand the feeling of refusal for all that came from abroad, but I see the best way in overcoming this. The most important message is what has been found out by or revealed to many. That's the "ours and yours".

Terrorists and unjust governments still menace us, but in short time, Muslim will regain the power over their faith.

In a way Islam 500 years younger than Christianity, is perhaps in a state that Christianity was 500 years ago?

It wasn't safe in 1524 to disagree in public with the church? Regardless that did not represent the true spirit of Christ

Last edited:
The reform-minded Muslim movement advocating for peace, social justice, and human rights continues to evolve since its beginnings around 2015, with various challenges and successes depending on regional contexts.

The reform-minded Muslim movement advocating for peace, social justice, and human rights continues to evolve since its beginnings around 2015, with various challenges and successes depending on regional contexts.
If you're not following the 'Word' of Allah, then you are not following Islam. Call it anything other than Islam/Muslim.

Then why have the Quran if it is meaningless and not the word of Allah?
Your words are meaningless .. people are entitled to their own interpretation of Scripture.
Religion is between a person and G-d, and not about what you or anybody else says.

Your words are meaningless .. people are entitled to their own interpretation of Scripture.
Religion is between a person and G-d, and not about what you or anybody else says.
No, they're not. Either scripture is the Word of God and must be followed to the letter, or it is not the Word of God and is simply man-made dogma. You can't have your cake and eat it too!

..Either scripture is the Word of God and must be followed to the letter, or it is not the Word of God and is simply man-made dogma..
I am not a man that lived 1500 years ago, that spoke Classical Arabic.
Texts need not be taken literally, word-for-word, as they are not necessarily meant
to be taken in that context.

Scripture exists for our benefit, and not the other way round.

I am not a man that lived 1500 years ago, that spoke Classical Arabic.
Texts need not be taken literally, word-for-word, as they are not necessarily meant
to be taken in that context.

Scripture exists for our benefit, and not the other way round.
"Texts need not be taken literally, word-for-word, as they are not necessarily meant
to be taken in that context."

And why not? Surely an omniscient, omnipotent god would have transcended any confusion between ages and His Word would be perfect no matter who read it or when.

And why not? Surely an omniscient, omnipotent god would have transcended any confusion between ages and His Word would be perfect no matter who read it or when.
..because we have been given an intelligence for a purpose, and not to be a blind-follower
or robot.

..because we have been given an intelligence for a purpose, and not to be a blind-follower
or robot.
That's funny coming from someone who follows a religion that they can't even confirm is the word of their god.
Nice try . . .

"Texts need not be taken literally, word-for-word, as they are not necessarily meant
to be taken in that context."

You are insisting in a simplistic understanding of the Quran and a simplistic understanding of the reception of the Logos to keep saying that it is nonsense. Nobody understands what he doesn't want to understand.

How do they organise? Do they found separate congregations (in particular, local) or do they join where they are not refused ?

Back