Gems of Wisdom & Virtue

The general public rarely goes to the trouble of sifting difficult metaphysical questions to the bottom, but judges on appearance.

HP Blavatsky

8 All speech is labored; there is nothing man can say. The eye is not satisfied with seeing nor is the ear filled with hearing.

9 What has been, that will be; what has been done, that will be done. Nothing is new under the sun.

10 Even the thing of which we say, "See, this is new!" has already existed in the ages that preceded us.

Ecclesiastes chapter one

O SON OF SPIRIT!
My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting.

The Hidden Words of Baha’u’llah, Part 1 from the Arabic.

"A divine Mine only can yield the gems of divine knowledge, and the fragrance of the mystic Flower can be inhaled only in the ideal Garden, and the lilies of ancient wisdom can blossom nowhere except in the city of a stainless heart. "In a rich soil, its plants spring forth abundantly by permission of its Lord, and in that soil which is bad, they spring forth but scantily."
Bahá’u’lláh, The Ki tab-i-Ian, p. 190
Divine knowledge and he himself is its representative. Self-praising.
This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded." – Baha’u’llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 286.
More self-praising.
Tony never misses a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
O SON OF SPIRIT!
My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting.
The Hidden Words of Baha’u’llah, Part 1 from the Arabic.
We have a saying in Hindi: "Par upadesh kushal bahutere" (Many are adept at advising others). We all do it, not just Bahaollah.
No sovereignty is imperishable and ever lasting. Look at Greeks, Romans or Mongols.

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Albert Szent-Györgyi,
Nobel laureate (1893-1986)

Divine knowledge and he himself is its representative. Self-praising.
More self-praising.
Christ works amongst the pus of leprosy, the hopeless and the lost

No depth of hell or suffering too deep

Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity. Be worthy of the trust of thy neighbor, and look upon him with a bright and friendly face. Be a treasure to the poor, an admonisher to the rich, an answerer to the cry of the needy, a preserver of the sanctity of thy pledge. Be fair in thy judgment, and guarded in thy speech. Be unjust to no man, and show all meekness to all men. Be as a lamp unto them that walk in darkness, a joy to the sorrowful, a sea for the thirsty, a haven for the distressed, an upholder and defender of the victim of oppression. Let integrity and uprightness distinguish all thine acts. Be a home for the stranger, a balm to the suffering, a tower of strength for the fugitive. Be eyes to the blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring. Be an ornament to the countenance of truth, a crown to the brow of fidelity, a pillar of the temple of righteousness, a breath of life to the body of mankind, an ensign of the hosts of justice, a luminary above the horizon of virtue, a dew to the soil of the human heart, an ark on the ocean of knowledge, a sun in the heaven of bounty, a gem on the diadem of wisdom, a shining light in the firmament of thy generation, a fruit upon the tree of humility.

— Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf

In multiplication of words, truth is lost

O Ye Seeming Fair Yet Inwardly Foul! Ye are like clear but bitter water, which to outward seeming is crystal pure but of which, when tested by the divine Assayer, not a drop is accepted.

Bahá’u’lláh, Hidden Words, Persian 25

O Ye Seeming Fair Yet Inwardly Foul! Ye are like clear but bitter water, which to outward seeming is crystal pure but of which, when tested by the divine Assayer, not a drop is accepted.
Bahá’u’lláh, Hidden Words, Persian 25
Just because I do not accept the existence of any God and the so-called self-claimed messengers sent by him?

Last edited:
Gems of wisdom an virtue seems to have moved into some barely couched passive aggressive non interfaith sniping....or am I wrongly interpreting what I am reading?

Back