Blood and Body

@Thomas, @RJM, Thanks for your explanations. I must admit that your beliefs stay foreign to me; I can't share it, and I won't share your Eucharist as a consequence, but at least I know a bit more about the background of it.
I'd like to second that emotion.

So much of why we are here is to hear from folks that not only know their belief on an intimate level but be blessed by those that can provide the deets and footnotes.

@Thomas, @RJM, Thanks for your explanations. I must admit that your beliefs stay foreign to me; I can't share it, and I won't share your Eucharist as a consequence, but at least I know a bit more about the background of it.
Ah thank you, a most gracious response :)

@Thomas is the knowledgeable scholar -- I just wing-it based on my own beliefs

Last edited:
But a person must examine himself, and in so doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup.” – 1 Corinthians 11:28

Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy way, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord.” – 1 Corinthians 11:27

I know that I take communion very seriously. I usually become emotional and vulnerable in my self examination. I also made sure my children were of an age and spiritual maturity before allowing them to partake.

But a person must examine himself, and in so doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup.” – 1 Corinthians 11:28

Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy way, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord.” – 1 Corinthians 11:27

I know that I take communion very seriously. I usually become emotional and vulnerable in my self examination. I also made sure my children were of an age and spiritual maturity before allowing them to partake.
I suppose you are not Roman Catholic. What does it mean to you when you share the communion? Who, in your view, would be taking it in an unworthy way?

'Holy Communion' in Catholicism

Back