Happy Feast of Saint Nicholas to the Christian/Catholic delegation from the :kitty: delegation

Please celebrate responsibly with loved ones (I'mJewish/Jewitch, so I'm not exactly familiar with the Christian/Catholic religious calendar.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Kinda hard to miss, if you're living in the USA?

Not really.

I knovv Christmas comes on the 25th, but don't knovv boo else about it all.
It's not the feast day of St Nicholas, lol. That's on December 6th. But the confusion is understandable 🎅

Last edited:
That's okay. Just submit to twenty lashes with a strand of wet spagghetti and we'll call it even. 😸

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Ten? No ... three. It was an easy mistake? But I guess I should have know you and your delegation better ...
I guess it shows how much I know(or don't). :D
Do you really know nothing about Christmas except the date?

Ten? It was an easy mistake? But I guess I should have know you and your delegation better ...

Do you really know nothing about Christmas except the date?
I knovv the basics. Birth of Christ. The story surrounding that. Star and vvise-men, etc.

I get confused vvith some of the surrounding celebrations. I see a lot of discussion on 'advent' in another group I'm in. I understand that's a type of countdovvn, but it seems there's a lot of traditions surrounding it of vvhich I'm unfamiliar.

I learned last year that there seems to be celebration going on after, as vvell; also unfamiliar vvith the hovv's/vvhy's

(I apologize for a broken vv key)

Reactions: RJM
I knovv the basics. Birth of Christ. The story surrounding that. Star and vvise-men, etc.

I get confused vvith some of the surrounding celebrations. I see a lot of discussion on 'advent' in another group I'm in. I understand that's a type of countdovvn, but it seems there's a lot of traditions surrounding it of vvhich I'm unfamiliar.

I learned last year that there seems to be celebration going on after, as vvell; also unfamiliar vvith the hovv's/vvhy's

(I apologize for a broken vv key)
Ah, yes the liturgical Christmas season lasts for about three (two?) months (?) I believe.

I use a plug-in keyboard because I tend to hammer the keys after so many years hammering at a manual typewriter...

Ah, yes the liturgical Christmas season lasts for about three months, I believe.

I use a plug-in keyboard because I tend to hammer the keys after so many years hammering at a manual typewriter...
I have a plug in keyboard available, but I am alvvays getting up-dovvn-up-dovvn that its a burden to use(I'm on a laptop).

I figure folks can suffer vvith my double vs. In some cases, I'll use the alt combos, but in most situations, it doesn't really matter. People can read vvhat I'm trying to say.

I figure folks can suffer vvith my double vs. In some cases, I'll use the alt combos, but in most situations, it doesn't really matter. People can read vvhat I'm trying to say.
Works fine for me, lol

I get arthritis in my neck looking down at my laptop on the desk, so I have it up on a sort of stand thing, so I look up to the screen and so I have a plug-in keyboard on the desk that I don't have to stretch and reach up to the laptop keyboard :)

Works fine for me, lol

I get arthritis in my neck looking down at my laptop on the desk, so I have it up on a sort of stand thing, so I look up to the screen and so I have a plug-in keyboard on the desk that I don't have to stretch and reach up to the laptop keyboard :)
Mine sits on my lap most of the time. :)

VVell, more the arm of the chair and my leg.

Back