I'm Mike

Hi, I'm Mike. I used to run a forum (now a Facebook group) called Pagan and Christian moot, which I started back in 2003. The premise of the group was to create a safe and civilised space where Pagans and Christians might discuss their respective beliefs, worldviews and the like, and it is still going strong as a facebook group, today.

I'm based in the UK and hold public roles there in Interfaith. I'd not be at all surprised to find that there are people here who know me already. :)

Lovely to see an actual forum in existence, still.
Welcome to the forum. Yes, the forum exists, thanks to Wil, RJM, etc. Yes, civilized. Do not mind my posts, I am an atheist Hindu (Hinduism is a pagan religion).

You have to be a bit thick skinned and really if you just choose not to be offended by someone else you can really get along with people in any belief system or with whatever opinion they have. I'm saying this as an evangelical Christian and Christians these days are highly offended. Lol

Isn't everyone tired of walking on eggshells worried about offending someone whenever they open their mouths.. what kind of crap is that anyways

Reactions: RJM
I just feel like Mike got all offended on behalf of Naturalist and Naturalist wasn't even offended and he was holding his own. RJM is a Brit and a long with that comes a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Hi, I'm Mike. I used to run a forum (now a Facebook group) called Pagan and Christian moot, which I started back in 2003. The premise of the group was to create a safe and civilised space where Pagans and Christians might discuss their respective beliefs, worldviews and the like, and it is still going strong as a facebook group, today.

I'm based in the UK and hold public roles there in Interfaith. I'd not be at all surprised to find that there are people here who know me already. :)

Lovely to see an actual forum in existence, still.
Hi Mike, but it looks also like bye Mike. Be happy, be full of joy.

Regards Tony

Nope, long term posters being rude to newbies and dictating posting requirements that aren't in the forum rules..... I can see this isn't somewhere I plan on staying.

It was a nice idea, at least.
I am still relatively new here and have butted heads with many of the "long term posters". Even so I have been treated quite well during my time here. So I'm surprised that you are having this experience.

It's impolite to join a forum and from the word go start telling the members and staff how it should be conducted, imo.

We had a troll to deal with, and therefore the discussions did go a bit sideways.

The problem is never with what a person believes, but with how a person addresses others. There is also a Code of Conduct rule about aggressively attacking other beliefs and aggressive proselytizing -- which includes proselytizing scientific atheism, imo?

I am taking a break from the forums for a while, and am grateful for how @Thomas and others are working to bring discussions back to the rather 'collegiate' standard that has always made IO the special corner of the internet that it is.

Regards
Roger

Back