Kanopy

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
My local public library provides many online resources for its users (LinkedIn learning, online and oudio books, music streaming) as well as Kanopy...a movie, video service.

There are many categories...my new favorite is "Based on a true story"

Loving Vincent, The giver, Finding Altimira...some.interesting movies that after watching force me to do research about the stories that I recently watched.

Curiously, Kanopy's offerings vary according to the institution through which one connects to it. I have both a local university account and a local public library account. I can get on one movies that I cannot get on the other. If you find they do not allow you to watch a particular film, you might try setting up a second account through another institution.

I was a bit perturbed when they instituted a program of allowing limited "tickets" for watching movies. If one watched a movie all the way through, that would count as one ticket. If broken up into two or three days of viewing, or even different times in the same day, that would cost two or three tickets, effectively limiting the number of movies one could watch. I do believe they have fixed that now, as the last time I watched a movie in separate viewings, I was not charged additional tickets. Theew are a number of The Learning Company courses' videos, which include courses on Christianity, Islam, philosophy, metaphysics, etc.

Reactions: wil
Did not know there were mutilplechoice varying on accounts.

I was also dissatisfied with the ticket system...yet have not yet used up all my tickets other than that first month.

Was watching the ones ready to leave...but now hooked on the based on a real story...

Loving Vincent was marvelous

The Bank of Dave...based on a tru-ish story....

Fun flick I thought...inspiring even...but all lies, misinformation, disinformation, and exaggeration it appears....so all allegory, parables and mythology....no wonder I liked it!

Back